• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen's forthcoming memoir, "DISLOYAL" is going to be EPIC!

Four contestants from Donald Trump's 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant and one from his 2001 Miss USA pageant remember him waltzing through the changing room while young women were undressed.
Former Miss Teen USA Contestants Say Trump Walked in on Them Changing

And of course they wait ~20 years to say anything about it.

I am getting sick of these women coming out of the wood work telling us things that Trump allegedly did decades ago.

Maybe his stroll through the dressing room was the shortest distance from point A to point B and he excused himself while hurrying through.

All of the above may be true. Certainly, few would argue.

But none of that serves to exonerate Donald Trump. On the contrary, it works to condemn him. After all, Cohen worked FOR Trump...did the bidding and the dirty work FOR Trump...not the other way around.

Cohen was Trump consigliere. He was "Sammy the Bull Gravano", to Trump's "John Gotti". When the #2 rats on the Boss, he doesn't do it to LIE. He does it to save his own skin and free his soul.

It's telling that Trump supporters don't seen to want to address that truth.

Right now, there are a lot of Trump acolytes with their heads up their hind parts, because they KNOW they can't rebut anything Cohen may have to say.

So is he going to be releasing the book to the public for free and will he be refusing all royalties? Because if so, I may read it.

Otherwise, if everything he is saying is true, he is just profiting from serving evil and damaging the country. Like an upper-echelon Nazi officials who used Jewish slave labor from death camps, but got one of those pathetically short ten-year sentences wrote a best-selling tell-all book about how horrible Adolf Hitler was and raked in the dough. Yes, I just compared Michael Cohen to Albert Speer. Sue me.

Last edited:
The book is a shameless cash grab by a shameless, dishonest, oleaginous little factotum.

Shameless cash grab? Sure. Why not?

Dishonestt, oleaginous factotum? Sure. If Sammy the Bull was John Gotti's little factotum, then so was Cohen to Trump. That's an irrelevant personal opinion. All that matters is that he's spilling the beans on your cult leader. And you people are losing your **** about it. :lamo

When Cohen was doing Trump's bidding, you guys loved him. When he was first indicted, you people were defending him.

The hypocrisy is stunning...even from a bunch of lifelong hypocrites.

I would sooner buy the tell-all Michael Avenatti Memoir of how he was set up and entrapped in a blackmail attempt by the Trump Administration in an effort to silence him. At least I would be more amused.

If I was in your shoes, and had no way to defend my hero...I'd probably say the same thing.

But then again, I'd never allign myself with someone like Trump. So...there's that, too, I guess.

Trumpbots are what and who they are. Not much else to say about it.

So is he going to be releasing the book to the public for free and will he be refusing all royalties? Because if so, I may read it.

Very doubtful.

But don't worry. I'm not expecting you to read it.

Otherwise, if everything he is saying is true, he is just profiting from serving evil and damaging the country.

And that makes him better, or worse that the "evil" (i.e. Trump) to which you are referring?

I am getting sick of these women coming out of the wood work telling us things that Trump allegedly did decades ago.

Maybe his stroll through the dressing room was the shortest distance from point A to point B and he excused himself while hurrying through.

Donald Trump was not chosen to be president of the United States by the Electoral College decades ago. Naturally, some people are interested in what their president was up to years ago but would have no interest in the sleaze of a real estate operator or TV celebrity.

i bet you are sick of women telling the truth about about your boy.

you a Christian?

Let us put aside for the moment the fact that Michael Cohen is literally a convicted liar.

So is Trump. And, your point?

Let us pretend that everything he says is the unvarnished truth. You don't get to seek penance for your sins for serving an unrepentantly wicked man and damaging the country by selling a book.

In America, you do. And Cohen is hardly the first to do it. Even disgusting people are allowed to earn money, as long as they do so legally.

You don't get to pick and choose when, where and for whom Constitutional liberties apply, Leo.

Shameless cash grab? Sure. Why not?

Dishonestt, oleaginous factotum? Sure. If Sammy the Bull was John Gotti's little factotum, then so was Cohen to Trump. That's an irrelevant personal opinion. All that matters is that he's spilling the beans on your cult leader. And you people are losing your **** about it. :lamo

You give Cohen too much credit. Sammy Gravano risked his life and testified against Gotti. Cohen simply released a salacious book. Cohen is not a Sammy Gravano. Cohen is an Albert Speer.

When Cohen was doing Trump's bidding, you guys loved him. When he was first indicted, you people were defending him.

The hypocrisy is stunning...even from a bunch of lifelong hypocrites.

You are barking up the wrong tree, ultmd. Neither Trump nor Cohen are my heroes. I did not vote for Donald Trump.

If you wish to feather this unprincipled lickspittle's nest and purchase his book because he now sings a tune you like, I shall not attempt to stop you.

If I was in your shoes, and had no way to defend my hero...I'd probably say the same thing.

But then again, I'd never allign myself with someone like Trump. So...there's that, too, I guess.

Trumpbots are what and who they are. Not much else to say about it.

I am not a Trump supporter. I just do not jump on the partisan "Oh, he turned against Trump so I will shower him with my money and accolades" bandwagon.

Very doubtful.

But don't worry. I'm not expecting you to read it.

It was tongue in cheek. I generally do not read memoirs and autobiographies of still-living people with records to clear or axes to grind.

And that makes him better, or worse that the "evil" (i.e. Trump) to which you are referring?

Equally evil. If you admitted to knowingly helping a Presidential Candidate betray the United States by soliciting help from a hostile foreign power, do not expect me to buy your damn book.

So is Trump. And, your point?

Simply to say that I am not readily given to believe someone who is literally in prison for lying, even if he says something that I like to hear.

In America, you do. And Cohen is hardly the first to do it. Even disgusting people are allowed to earn money, as long as they do so legally.

You don't get to pick and choose when, where and for whom Constitutional liberties apply, Leo.

Indeed. He can publish an entire series of salacious tell-all books and sell the rights to a hit six-season HBO series. But I can certainly choose where to spend my hard-earned money. By all accounts, Mr. Cohen betrayed his principles, his ethical duties to his profession, his country, and finally his master. He has no one left to lie to and no one left to betray. He does not need my money and I do not need him to tell me what I already know or at the very least suspected about Donald Trump.

Last edited:
You give Cohen too much credit. Sammy Gravano risked his life and testified against Gotti. Cohen simply released a salacious book. Cohen is not a Sammy Gravano. Cohen is an Albert Speer.

Read the link to the entire Foreword.

And, btw, Sammy had the feds protecting his every move. Cohen, not so much.

But regardless, "bravery" (or lack thereof) is not the issue here. The only thing that matters is if he's telling the truth. I doubt anyone is losing sleep over his (or Gravano's) personal sense of well-being.

You are barking up the wrong tree, ultmd. Neither Trump nor Cohen are my heroes. I did not vote for Donald Trump.
Well you sure have defended Trump and his policies like a Trump voter. I see you attacking Cohen now in ways that you've never condemned Trump. Heck, in this thread alone, you've used more insulting terms to describe Cohen than I've ever seen you direct toward Trump in the last 4 years.

If you wish to feather this unprincipled lickspittle's nest and purchase his book because he now sings a tune you like, I shall not attempt to stop you.
Thank you for your consent. Much appreciated.

I am not a Trump supporter. I just do not jump on the partisan "Oh, he turned against Trump so I will shower him with my money and accolades" bandwagon.

Got it. You're not a Trump supporter. This is new to me. If it were possible to go back 3.5 years ago, I'd love to see what you're comments were like.

And I'm no fan of Michael Cohen, btw. I do believe that this president is the most corrupt and incompetent in history; and has done more harm to our Constitution and to America's reputation than any in history.

It was tongue in cheek. I generally do not read memoirs and autobiographies of still-living people with records to clear or axes to grind.

Equally evil. If you admitted to knowingly helping a Presidential Candidate betray the United States by soliciting help from a hostile foreign power, do not expect me to buy your damn book.

Simply to say that I am not readily given to believe someone who is literally in prison for lying, even if he says something that I like to hear.

Indeed. He can publish an entire series of salacious tell-all books and sell the rights to a hit six-season HBO series. But I can certainly choose where to spend my hard-earned money. By all accounts, Mr. Cohen betrayed his principles, his ethical duties to his profession, his country, and finally his master. He has no one left to lie to and no one left to betray. He does not need my money and I do not need him to tell me what I already know or at the very least suspected about Donald Trump.

Simply, I am neither asking, nor expecting you to buy the book.

I plan to, and I expect it to be both riveting and enraging.

Read the link to the entire Foreword.

And, btw, Sammy had the feds protecting his every move. Cohen, not so much.

But regardless, "bravery" (or lack thereof) is not the issue here. The only thing that matters is if he's telling the truth. I doubt anyone is losing sleep over his (or Gravano's) personal sense of well-being.

Agreed.

Well you sure have defended Trump and his policies like a Trump voter. I see you attacking Cohen now in ways that you've never condemned Trump. Heck, in this thread alone, you've used more insulting terms to describe Cohen than I've ever seen you direct toward Trump in the last 4 years.

Then I am going to presume you have not read too much of what I have written previously regarding Trump in other threads. I have certainly defended Donald Trump from unreasonable attacks, but only in the same way I have occasionally defended Joe Biden or Kamala Harris from unreasonable attacks. Not because I like him or agree with him or his methodology. While he occasionally does things that I like, Donald Trump is a wicked, petty, uncurious reprobate in a position with far too much responsibility and power.

But part of the reason I do not leap to attacking Trump at every opportunity is because many of those who attack Donald Trump simply use his particular wickedness and immorality to attack the conservatives and conservatism as a whole, and I will not jump on that bandwagon. I will leave "Use Trump to attack Conservatives/Conservatism in General" canard to the various folks at the Lincoln Project or the Jennifer Rubins of the world.

Thank you for your consent. Much appreciated.

Alright, wise guy. Consent withdrawn. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Got it. You're not a Trump supporter. This is new to me. If it were possible to go back 3.5 years ago, I'd love to see what you're comments were like.

And I'm no fan of Michael Cohen, btw. I do believe that this president is the most corrupt and incompetent in history; and has done more harm to our Constitution and to America's reputation than any in history.

I do not disagree with any of these points. He has certainly damaged the prestige of the office of the Presidency by refusing the follow the tradition of at least maintaining the pretense of abiding by the rule of law, and instead instituting an ad hoc system of personal rule. One of the only silver linings is that he has laid bare just how powerful and largely unaccountable the office of the Presidency is, and how that power should be curbed and devolved back to Congress. I won't hold my breath on Joe Biden or any subsequent President leading the charge to curb that power, unfortunately.

Last edited:
The book is a shameless cash grab by a shameless, dishonest, oleaginous little factotum. I would sooner buy the tell-all Michael Avenatti Memoir of how he was set up and entrapped in a blackmail attempt by the Trump Administration in an effort to silence him. At least I would be more amused.

Let us put aside for the moment the fact that Michael Cohen is literally a convicted liar. Let us pretend that everything he says is the unvarnished truth. You don't get to seek penance for your sins for serving an unrepentantly wicked man and damaging the country by selling a book.

Yeah, how many "cash grab"bing books have their been now? Every one a pack of lies ... says the man that's lied ??? 21,000 (recorded) times in 3 1/2 years. Says the guy that's ****ing with our Post Office, you know the “Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”, to slow the mail because he fears mail in ballots so much. And I'll admit they all read remarkably the same; I'm sure they ALL got around a covfefe table and wrote one, then rolled dice on how they would differ and who would go first. :roll:

Yeah, how many "cash grab"bing books have their been now? Every one a pack of lies ... says the man that's lied ??? 21,000 (recorded) times in 3 1/2 years. Says the guy that's ****ing with our Post Office, you know the “Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these courageous couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.”, to slow the mail because he fears mail in ballots so much. And I'll admit they all read remarkably the same; I'm sure they ALL got around a covfefe table and wrote one, then rolled dice on how they would differ and who would go first. :roll:

I will make allowances that what Cohen has written (as well as other authors' tell-alls) about Trump are true. Most are nonetheless cash grabs. As you say, how many books have you bought that all say the same basic thing? I.e., that Donald Trump is an unprincipled, untrustworthy, insecure liar who treats everyone under him like garbage and stabs even his most loyal followers in the back. Why exactly do we need Cohen to tell us this?

My problem with Cohen's book is that if everything he is saying is true, then by his own admission he knowingly served an evil traitor in his most nefarious activities and schemes, and thus Cohen purposefully worked to weaken and undermine our nation. He is saying in no uncertain terms: "I, Michael Cohen, knowingly helped light the fire that burned down our nation, its institutions and helped incite national division. But now that I have been caught and forsaken by my master, I see the light and see how wrong I was...Buy my book!"

I am not going to give someone like that a single red cent. Maybe I will pick it up for my own amusement second or third-hand from a used bookstore if any are left after the COVID-19 shutdown.

Last edited:
I will make allowances that what Cohen has written (as well as other authors' tell-alls) about Trump are true. Most are nonetheless cash grabs. As you say, how many books have you bought that all say the same basic thing?(1) I.e., that Donald Trump is an unprincipled, untrustworthy, insecure liar who treats everyone under him like garbage and stabs even his most loyal followers in the back. Why exactly do we need Cohen to tell us this?

My problem with Cohen's book is that if everything he is saying is true, then by his own admission he knowingly served an evil traitor in his most nefarious activities and schemes, and thus Cohen purposefully worked to weaken and undermine our nation. He is saying in no uncertain terms: "I, Michael Cohen, knowingly helped light the fire that burned down our nation, its institutions and helped incite national division(2). But now that I have been caught and forsaken by my master, I see the light and see how wrong I was...Buy my book!"

I am not going to give someone like that a single red cent. Maybe I will pick it up for my own amusement second or third-hand from a used bookstore(3) if any are left after the COVID-19 shutdown.

(1) zero

(2) He didn't help much, tRump had only been president for a little over a year when his appartment was raided. But before and during that time apparently he was as sleazy a lawyer as they get; helping to orchestrate ALL of tRumps scams and bankruptcy's.

(3) Get a library card, down load an app like libby, read on your phone; it's lots easier than packing a book around and ... free. :idea:

Donald Trump was not chosen to be president of the United States by the Electoral College decades ago. Naturally, some people are interested in what their president was up to years ago but would have no interest in the sleaze of a real estate operator or TV celebrity.

There is nothing wrong with being a real estate developer or a TV celebrity.

As for what happened decades ago - who the hell cares?

Just look at the great job that Trump has done for the last 3.75 years.

That spells RE-ELECTION.

There is nothing wrong with being a real estate developer or a TV celebrity.

As for what happened decades ago - who the hell cares?

Just look at the great job that Trump has done for the last 3.75 years.

That spells RE-ELECTION.

You write like someone who hasn't opened a newspaper or watched TV news for the past 3¾ years.

You write like someone who hasn't opened a newspaper or watched TV news for the past 3¾ years.

I have watched the news - usually ABC World News Tonight and the BBC.

Trump has done many great things that no prior president has done - like going after China.

I have watched the news - usually ABC World News Tonight and the BBC.

Trump has done many great things that no prior president has done - like going after China.

What does "going after China" mean? It sounds like he started a war with Red China, liberated Hong Kong and returned it to the British, liberated Macao and returned it to the Portuguese, and recognized the sovereignty of Taiwan. But none of this happened. He placed tariffs on Chinese merchandise which the American working class buy as Americans do not manufacture many household commodities anymore, with the result that ordinary working people who shop at Walmart pay more from their limited discretionary income. And what does Donald Trump mean when he says that it is the Chinese are paying this tariff??? Dumb. Trade wars are not the conservative way of doing business. He has turned the Executive branch of government into a chaotic reality TV show. Going after China indeed. Ha!

Due to be release in the next couple of weeks.

The Foreword is available online.

Notable Quotes:

"On the eve of my public testimony, lying in the still of the night in my hotel room, taking a bullet assumed a completely different meaning. That was the level of ruination I had brought upon myself- complete and total destruction. I closed my eyes, wishing the nightmare would end. When I started working for Trump I had been a multi-millionaire lawyer and businessman, and now I was broke and broken; a convicted, disgraced and disbarred former attorney about to testify against the President on live television before an audience of more than 15 million Americans."

"To half of Americans, it seemed like Trump was effectively a Russian-controlled fraud who had lied and cheated his way to the White House; to the other half of Americans, to Trump’s supporters, the entire Russian scandal was a witch hunt invented by Democrats still unable to accept the fact that Hillary Clinton had lost fair and square in the most surprising upset in the history of American presidential elections."

"Both sides were wrong. I knew that the reality was much more complicated and dangerous. Trump had colluded with the Russians, but not in the sophisticated ways imagined by his detractors. I also knew that the Mueller investigation was not a witch-hunt. Trump had cheated in the election, with Russian connivance, as you will discover in these pages, because doing anything—and I mean anything—to “win” has always been his business model and way of life. Trump had also continued to pursue a major real estate deal in Moscow during the campaign. He attempted to insinuate himself into the world of President Vladimir Putin and his coterie of corrupt billionaire oligarchs. I know because I personally ran that deal and kept Trump and his children closely informed of all updates, even as the candidate blatantly lied to the American people saying, “there’s no Russian collusion, I have no dealings with Russia…there’s no Russia.”

"The one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that whatever you may have heard or thought about me, you don’t know me or my story or the Donald Trump that I know. For more than a decade, I was Trump’s first call every morning and his last call every night. I was in and out of Trump’s office on the 26th floor of the Trump Tower as many as fifty times a day, tending to his every demand. Our cell phones had the same address books, our contacts so entwined, overlapping and intimate that part of my job was to deal with the endless queries and requests, however large or small, from Trump’s countless rich and famous acquaintances. I called any and all of the people he spoke to, most often on his behalf as his attorney and emissary, and everyone knew that when I spoke to them, it was as good as if they were talking directly to Trump."

"In some ways, I knew him better than even his family did because I bore witness to the real man, in strip clubs, shady business meetings, and in the unguarded moments when he revealed who he really was: a cheat, a liar, a fraud, a bully, a racist, a predator, a con man."

"There are reasons why there has never been an intimate portrait of Donald Trump, the man...Trump has no true friends. He has lived his entire life avoiding and evading taking responsibility for his actions. He crushed or cheated all who stood in his way, but I know where the skeletons are buried because I was the one who buried them."

"When Trump wanted to reach Russian President Vladimir Putin, via a secret back channel, I was tasked with making the connection in my Keystone Kop fashion. I stiffed contractors on his behalf, ripped off his business partners, lied to his wife Melania to hide his sexual infidelities, and bullied and screamed at anyone who threatened Trump’s path to power. From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies to silence Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant."

Michael Cohen

Otisville Federal Prison, Otisville, New York, March 11, 2020

Since Cohen's forward talks about the Russian Collusion scandal as if its true, which after 3 Congressional and then The Mueller Investigation we know it is not true, how can anyone believe anything Cohen, a confessed liar, says about anything?

more quotes:

"to underscore that last crucial point, let me say now that i had agency in my relationship with trump. I made choices along the way—terrible, heartless, stupid, cruel, dishonest, destructive choices, but they were mine and constituted my reality and life. I’d made my fortune out of taxi medallions, a business viewed as sketchy if not lower class. On park avenue, where i lived, i was definitely nouveau riche, but i had big plans that didn’t include being excluded from the elite."

"as you read my story, you will no doubt ask yourself if you like me, or if you would act as i did, and the answer will frequently be no to both of those questions. But permit me to make a point: As anyone in law enforcement will tell you, it’s only gangsters who can reveal the secrets of organized crime. If you want to know how the mob really works, you’ve got to talk to the bad guys. I was one of trump’s bad guys. In his world, i was one hundred percent a made man."

" i see the men who have replaced me and continue to forfeit their reputations by doing the president’s bidding, no matter how dishonest or sleazy or unlawful. Rudy guiliani, william barr, jared kushner and mike pompeo are trump’s new wannabe fixers, sycophants willing to distort the truth and break the law in the service of the boss. One last thing i can say with great confidence, as you turn the page and meet the real real donald trump for the first time: This is a book the president of the united states does not want you to read."

oh wow!

How can people who are no longer alive, write a memoir or an autobiography?

I might get a used copy some day, but no way am I sending that bastard one cent. He could have averted the last four years. He didn't until he himself got in trouble. He can rot in hell.

Back
Top Bottom