• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former personal attorney, mysteriously arrives in Washington, D.C.

So what do you guys think - if subpeonas are issues for Kushner and Jr., do you think Trump will just let it go? Can he pardon that early in the game?
I don't know what Trump would do. I'd be leaning to him pardoning. We already see him acting a bit caged in my opinion, and it's only going to get worse.

But I do believe he can pardon anytime he chooses, including for future possible legal actions (but not future crimes). I also suspect Mueller likely has a strategy to thwart such a move. If I had to put my money on one of these two horses (Trump & Mueller), my money's on Mueller.

So what do you guys think - if subpeonas are issues for Kushner and Jr., do you think Trump will just let it go? Can he pardon that early in the game?

Subpoenas for what...from whom?

I don't know what Trump would do. I'd be leaning to him pardoning. We already see him acting a bit caged in my opinion, and it's only going to get worse.

But I do believe he can pardon anytime he chooses, including for future possible legal actions (but not future crimes). I also suspect Mueller likely has a strategy to thwart such a move. If I had to put my money on one of these two horses (Trump & Mueller), my money's on Mueller.

I heard that Mueller is prepared for just about anything Trump pulls. I hope that's the case.

I heard that Mueller is prepared for just about anything Trump pulls. I hope that's the case.

Mueller strikes me a a guy with contingency plans.

How could he not foresee Trump firing Sessions?

He had to know it was coming (Trump firing Sessions). It's only been in the hopper for months.

Can he legally tender all his research and documentation to someone else, in case he is fired? Someone he trusts? I haven't heard much mention of that.

I feel like we are in the middle of a Tom Clancy book, and Mueller is trying to hide all his data on a thumb drive, to then pass off to a hot blonde in a trenchcoat, driving a Maserati. :lol:

He had to know it was coming (Trump firing Sessions). It's only been in the hopper for months.

Can he legally tender all his research and documentation to someone else, in case he is fired? Someone he trusts? I haven't heard much mention of that.

I feel like we are in the middle of a Tom Clancy book, and Mueller is trying to hide all his data on a thumb drive, to then pass off to a hot blonde in a trenchcoat, driving a Maserati. :lol:

Def need a couple explosions in the distance and Tom Cruise jumping in the convertible from a passing car too

Def need a couple explosions in the distance and Tom Cruise jumping in the convertible from a passing car too

giphy.gif

I'm sure he is. I just don't know what legal & political remedies are available. But my money's on Mueller, that's for sure.

Straight-up, I think this whole Trump crowd is going to get legally wiped-out in the post Presidency. Good riddance. And Trump will then actually have made America better, by he and his being broke & in a cell!

I'm sure he is. I just don't know what legal & political remedies are available. But my money's on Mueller, that's for sure.

Straight-up, I think this whole Trump crowd is going to get legally wiped-out in the post Presidency. Good riddance. And Trump will then actually have made America better, by he and his being broke & in a cell!

:lamo

Hopefully. If not, they may all get their comeuppance in the post-presidency.

No! Do NOT trust Stormy & Avenatti with this! :shock:

Okay, pretend that I'm very, very stupid. Why is this news?

Hopefully. If not, they may all get their comeuppance in the post-presidency.

We'll see what happens, too many variables. Trump could be reelected in 2020 and bury the whole thing forever.

However, there could be a sealed indictment of Donald Trump, from the Cohen thing.

That is one reason that rather the collecting the power and responsibility to his own office, he farmed things out. There will also be a legal challenge to Whitiger's appointment-.. and then there is the possibility that Whitiigar doesn't do what Trump wants him to do, because suddenly he sees the evidence that gets presented.

Rodstein and Mueller already are prepared.

That might be a tough daily-double, Alec. But I suspect the Dems are working on getting Jr. front-and-center. I just hope it's all televised, like in '72.

Oh me too!

:popcorn2:

He already has .. that's why District of Southern NY started handling the Michael Cohen case.

Silence of Mueller's Trump-Russia 'Canaries' - Paul Sperry, RCI

No evidence has surfaced indicating that President Trump colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. Still, two years later, the president’s opponents insist the truth is out there and they know where – in the memory banks and computer files of Trump’s former associates who have struck deals to cooperate with Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
But people with direct knowledge of the situation say the premise of that speculation is false: It's highly unlikely that these associates possess proof of collusion and are singing about it to Mueller.

“It’s wishful thinking by Trump haters,” said a former Trump campaign official who has been the subject of investigation.
Mueller has obtained guilty pleas from four ex-Trump advisers — Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Paul Manafort and Rick Gates — for crimes unrelated to election espionage. Facing the prospect of a lengthy prison sentence, each had strong incentives to turn on the president.
So, too, do other Trump associates reportedly caught in Mueller’s crosshairs – Carter Page, Roger Stone and the president’s former lawyer, Michael Cohen, who has pleaded guilty to crimes referred by Mueller’s office to federal attorneys in Manhattan for prosecution.
Mueller has clamped down on leaks from his office, so it is hard to determine exactly what he has extracted from the witnesses. Nevertheless, substantial information gleaned from various sources by RealClearInvestigations and other news outlets suggests that Trump’s former associates have not provided the smoking gun of collusion. As emboldened Democrats promise to step up their own Russia investigations when they take over the House in January, here is what we know so far about each case. . . .

That's the only thing you know for a fact. The rest is speculation.

We will add one thing. He is accompanied by one of his defense lawyers. So, We can say 'Michael Cohen is in Washington DC today accompanied by his defense lawyer'.

Eight lawyers from Robert Mueller's team worked all day yesterday despite it being a national holiday. I have heard they have a cannon filled with indictments. My guess is that they'll start with Don Jr., Roger Stone, Jerome Corci and Jared Kushner. Firing Jeff Sessions and putting Matthew Whitaker in his position is a desperate attempt to stave off the inevitable.

34jfaeq.jpg

Okay, pretend that I'm very, very stupid. Why is this news?

Don't have to pretend.

hVgiWz5.png

I think everyone is just chomping at the bit and assuming this is all a lead up to something big.

Fresh off his attempt to remake himself into a resistance hero by siding and agreeing with Michelle Obama. Michael Cohen was seen in Washington DC, heading presumably to Robert Mueller's office. The office where he has spent nearly 40 hours spilling all of Trump's dirty secrets. The office where even though it's a federal holiday, Mueller has five people working today. This is leading to some speculation that indictments are about to be handed out as early as today. If not tomorrow.

Michael Cohen, President Trump's former personal attorney, mysteriously arrives in Washington, D.C.

Midterms are over. Gloves are off. More indictments are coming. Even Stone and his buddy acknowledge this.

Back
Top Bottom