• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen postpones testimony to Congress 'after Donald Trump threatens his family'

CEngelbrecht

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Michael Cohen postpones testimony to Congress 'after Donald Trump threatens his family' | The Independent

Donald Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen, is postponing his testimony to the US Congress because of threats against his family from Trump, his adviser has announced.

Mr Cohen has receieved "ongoing threats against his family from Trump" and the the president's current attorney, Rudy Giuliani, after pleading guilty to crimes he committed while working on the 2016 election campaign, attorney Lanny Davis said in a statement.

Nothing to add.

Quote:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/impeachment-trump/580468/
"The president’s stalwart defenders are already attacking the integrity of potential witnesses and airing their own conspiracy theories; an attempt to smear Mueller with sexual-misconduct claims collapsed spectacularly in October. His accusers, meanwhile, hurl epithets and invective."
Unquote.

Threats of physical harm against COHEN or his family is what I am looking for, proof to substantiate the claim of a World Class Liar.

Threats of physical harm against COHEN or his family is what I am looking for, proof to substantiate the claim of a World Class Liar.

A travelling ventriloquist on the road in between jobs decided to practice his craft before his next show. He stopped at a farmhouse and approached the farmer who lived there.
"Hello there, Mr. Farmer, I was just passing by and I was wondering if I might speak to your dog." The farmer replied, "Well, you know, dogs don't talk." The ventriloquist said, "You'd be surprised what a dog might tell you. Can I speak with him?"
The farmer, eyeing the ventriloquist suspiciously, called his dog. "Hi there, Mr. dog," said the ventriloquist. "How does the farmer treat you?" To which the dog replied, "Oh, he's great! He throws a stick for me, scratches my belly, and I just love him!"
Needless to say, the farmer was dumbfounded. Wanting to see if he could fool the farmer again, the ventriloquist asked if he could speak with the farmer's horse. "Well, you know, horses don't talk." Again the ventriloquist said, "You'd be surprised what a horse might tell you."
So the farmer brought out his horse. "Say, Mr. Horse, how does the farmer treat you?" asked the ventriloquist. The horse then replied, "Oh, I think he's great. He feeds me oats, he puts a blanket over me at night, and I just love him!"
Again the farmer was amazed. Wanting to try his luck a third time, the ventriloquist said, "Mr. Farmer, would you like to hear what the sheep has to say about you?"
The farmer jumps up, "Them sheep are all liars!"

I haven't seen where Cohen said the threats involved physical violence.

But I have heard Trump insinuate that he had dirt on Cohen's father-in-law in a manner which seemed to be timed to try to make Cohen back off of testifying to Congress.

So ... mission accomplished.

I haven't seen where Cohen said the threats involved physical violence.

But I have heard Trump insinuate that he had dirt on Cohen's father-in-law in a manner which seemed to be timed to try to make Cohen back off of testifying to Congress.

So ... mission accomplished.

Actually, Trump didn't say "he" had anything or that he was going to do anything.

That's inconvenient, I know, but that's a fact.

Actually, Trump didn't say "he" had anything or that he was going to do anything.

That's inconvenient, I know, but that's a fact.

Maybe someone will explain to you the meaning of "insinuate". But I don't have the time it would take to get through to you.

Michael Cohen doesn't have much time before he is headed to prison so is he saying he will give testimony after he gets out of prison?

Then again <snip>

Then again, none of the people complaining ever had a problem with mobsters taking out their bosses. States' evidence is usually praised. With Mueller? Must be a conspiracy.

:roll:

Maybe someone will explain to you the meaning of "insinuate". But I don't have the time it would take to get through to you.

LOL!!

Oh...I know the difference between "he insinuated" and "I am going to speculate". One of those things is what you falsely say Trump did and the other is what you would say about yourself if you were an honest person.

Michael Cohen doesn't have much time before he is headed to prison so is he saying he will give testimony after he gets out of prison?

He has over a month, so there's plenty of time.

Then again COHEN is a World Class Liar.

Yes. He got caught lying to help hide facts about Trump from Congress. Now he says he is willing to tell the truth. So he is on the receiving end of intimidation from both Trump and Giuliani.

I wonder, after hearing Giuliani on FOX, are they going to try this with every witness that has something to say, that Trump does not want said?

Why can't he testify even if he is in prison. Seems to me that people are driven back and forth from prison to testify, all of the time. What would make this different?

Yes. He got caught lying to help hide facts about Trump from Congress. Now he says he is willing to tell the truth. So he is on the receiving end of intimidation from both Trump and Giuliani.

I wonder, after hearing Giuliani on FOX, are they going to try this with every witness that has something to say, that Trump does not want said?

Bullying is a constantly practiced and lied about art form in America.

Back
Top Bottom