• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Cohen blames Trump's 'dirty deeds' as he is jailed

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46546238

US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, who once said he’d take a bullet for him, has lashed out at his ex-boss' "dirty deeds" as he was given a 36-month prison sentence.

Cohen is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
======================================
Trump dismissed the entire affair as 'peanuts.' And the Repub senators like Hatch say he is doing a wonderful job. Sickening.

US President Donald Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen, who once said he’d take a bullet for him, has lashed out at his ex-boss' "dirty deeds" as he was given a 36-month prison sentence.

Cohen is the first member of Mr Trump's inner circle to be jailed over the special counsel's inquiry into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
Trump dismissed the entire affair as 'peanuts.' And the Repub senators like Hatch say he is doing a wonderful job. Sickening.

I am fine with Cohen being disbarred and drained of his wealth, he has no honor.

I take it the "lashing out" happened after he had cried himself silly ... (grin)

"... In the courtroom Wednesday, Cohen, wearing a black suit and blue tie, was visibly emotional. His eyes were red rimmed and at various points he broke down, his voice cracking while he read a prepared statement he had printed out. ..."

Misleading headline. I think I read he can turn himself in by March 6th to start serving.

Misleading headline. I think I read he can turn himself in by March 6th to start serving.

Blame the BBC. Should be 'sentenced.'

Cohen would lie about his sainted dead grandmother if he thought it might shave a year off his sentence.

Cohen would lie about his sainted dead grandmother if he thought it might shave a year off his sentence.

Just imagine what trump would do.

I have been unable to find a breakdown as to how much of that 3 year sentence was related to the campaign finance law violation conviction(s?) and how much was for the tax fraud and lying to investigators convictions. In most articles the sentencing order refers to a 36 month sentence for a "smorgasbord" of convictions.

Well Trump picked him to be his Executive VP and Special Counsel for a decade. Trump's either the worst pick of people ever, or he picked him for good reasons. Either way, the fact that Cohen ended up cooperating and giving 70 hours of testimony, implicated Trump in two felonies AND remarked that his boss was engaged in dirty deeds, and led him into darkness....

If Cohen implicts Trump in crimes, they can expand their investigation to Trump directly...doesn't really matter if we believe Cohen or not, all that matters is what investigators find.

I'll drink to that!

Trump would **** his dead grandmother if he though it might shave ANY jail time off.

Trump would **** his dead grandmother if he though it might shave ANY jail time off.

One very SICK post!! A extreme case of TDS.
President Trump is taking up space in someones mind 7/24 and the result is not good. :3oops:

He blames Trump because he took a plea instead of stand in front of a jury for a whole bunch of tax stuff unrelated to Trump. What a guy!

He blames Trump because he took a plea instead of stand in front of a jury for a whole bunch of tax stuff unrelated to Trump. What a guy!

He blames Trump because he expected a pardon that never came.

Cohen misjudged Trump.

I am fine with Cohen being disbarred and drained of his wealth, he has no honor.

Most certainly. An honorable man would never have lied to protect Donald Trump, helped him violate campaign finance laws, or promise to 'take a bullet' for quite possibly the least honorable client in the country.

One very SICK post!! A extreme case of TDS.
President Trump is taking up space in someones mind 7/24 and the result is not good. :3oops:
He needs a roll of duct tape STAT so he can tape his head up before it explodes from extreme Trump hate. BOOM! :lol:

Why would Trump pardon him for tax crimes he actually did commit?

I dont know, I get the idea that Trump never seriously considered doing that, which is why Cohen is pissed.

Why Cohen expected it I have never heard him explain.

Most certainly. An honorable man would never have lied to protect Donald Trump, helped him violate campaign finance laws, or promise to 'take a bullet' for quite possibly the least honorable client in the country.

Trumpity-Trump-Trump-Trump.

Cohen was Hillary's lawyer???

That's only because
Cohen got off easy with a 36 month sentence. And from what I've gathered that sentence can be reduced even more, the more he gives to the investigators.

Back
Top Bottom