• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Caputo, A Spokes Person For HHS, Goes Off The Deep End

The AntiDonald

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Michael Caputo, the former Trump campaign official and Roger Stone associate whom President Trump appointed to be spokesman of the Department of Health and Human Services, spent the weekend defending his efforts to alter the CDC’s weekly COVID-19 reports in order to protect the president politically — a defense that included baselessly claiming that scientists at the agency were deep-state agitators bent on taking down the president. The meddling and Caputo’s attacks prompted widespread outrage from infectious-disease and public-health experts. Then on Sunday, according to the New York Times, Caputo’s paranoid allegations went even further off the deep end.

In a video he posted to his personal Facebook page, Caputo decried the negative attention he was receiving; insisted, “I am not going anywhere”; and claimed that scientists “deep in the bowels of the CDC have given up science and become political animals” who “haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack Donald Trump.” The Times reports that Caputo said the agency “was riddled with anti-Trump researchers who ‘walk around like they are monks’ and ‘holy men’ but engage in ‘rotten science.’”

The political operative, who has no background in health care or science, accused the CDC scientists of “sedition” and made the outrageous allegation — again without any evidence, because there isn’t any — that the scientists were deliberately acting against the country’s public health as a “resistance unit” within the agency.

“There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well, not until after Joe Biden is president,” Caputo reportedly warned, adding that, “to allow people to die so that you can replace the president is a grievous venial sin, venial sin. And these people are all going to hell.”

Furthermore, Caputo predicted an armed insurrection against President Trump, suggesting he himself might become a target and casualty. “You understand that they’re going to have to kill me, and unfortunately, I think that’s where this is going,” the 58-year-old told his Facebook followers, also noting that his “mental health has definitely failed”:

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then built a crescendo of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede.

“And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.” He added: “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

Caputo also endorsed the baseless conspiracy theory that left-wing groups like antifa were already plotting a revolt and targeting Trump supporters, citing the recent shooting of a far-right activist and Trump supporter by an antifa supporter at a rally in Portland, Oregon:

“Remember the Trump supporter who was shot and killed?” he said. “That was a drill.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rection.html&usg=AOvVaw29tIvmoDzI_abwnr8IDenc

I don't even know where to begin. This guy has surely got mental problems and he speaks for the Dept. of HHS. He needs to be fired and institutionalized.

I’ll be surprised if there isn’t a promotion in Caputo’s future.........saying the quiet stuff out loud!

Wow what a surprise and amazing revelation, another Trump ass kissing incompetent degenerate made a statement and like everything that comes from Trump's side it was an utterly moronic statement.

I don't even know where to begin. This guy has surely got mental problems and he speaks for the Dept. of HHS. He needs to be fired and institutionalized.

You began beautifully. This topic had to be aired. Thank you very much for starting the thread and the discussion.

Wow what a surprise and amazing revelation, another Trump ass kissing incompetent degenerate made a statement and like everything that comes from Trump's side it was an utterly moronic statement.

You do know that his wife works IN the WH. I don't remember what she does, but their tag teaming the American public.

Morons
Are
Governing
America

Trump: "I only hire the best."

As a candidate, Donald Trump would famously boast that if elected, he'd "surround myself only with the best and most serious people" -- adding: "We want top-of-the-line professionals."

What we actually get is people who have escaped from the loony bin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then built a crescendo of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede. Wow. These people have got to go.

You’re being kind. He sounds legitimately unwell. Like, someone go rescue his own family from him. That kind of unwell.

Michael Caputo, the former Trump campaign official and Roger Stone associate whom President Trump appointed to be spokesman of the Department of Health and Human Services, spent the weekend defending his efforts to alter the CDC’s weekly COVID-19 reports in order to protect the president politically — a defense that included baselessly claiming that scientists at the agency were deep-state agitators bent on taking down the president. The meddling and Caputo’s attacks prompted widespread outrage from infectious-disease and public-health experts. Then on Sunday, according to the New York Times, Caputo’s paranoid allegations went even further off the deep end.

In a video he posted to his personal Facebook page, Caputo decried the negative attention he was receiving; insisted, “I am not going anywhere”; and claimed that scientists “deep in the bowels of the CDC have given up science and become political animals” who “haven’t gotten out of their sweatpants except for meetings at coffee shops” to plot “how they’re going to attack Donald Trump.” The Times reports that Caputo said the agency “was riddled with anti-Trump researchers who ‘walk around like they are monks’ and ‘holy men’ but engage in ‘rotten science.’”

The political operative, who has no background in health care or science, accused the CDC scientists of “sedition” and made the outrageous allegation — again without any evidence, because there isn’t any — that the scientists were deliberately acting against the country’s public health as a “resistance unit” within the agency.

“There are scientists who work for this government who do not want America to get well, not until after Joe Biden is president,” Caputo reportedly warned, adding that, “to allow people to die so that you can replace the president is a grievous venial sin, venial sin. And these people are all going to hell.”

Furthermore, Caputo predicted an armed insurrection against President Trump, suggesting he himself might become a target and casualty. “You understand that they’re going to have to kill me, and unfortunately, I think that’s where this is going,” the 58-year-old told his Facebook followers, also noting that his “mental health has definitely failed”:

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then built a crescendo of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede.

“And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.” He added: “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get.”

Caputo also endorsed the baseless conspiracy theory that left-wing groups like antifa were already plotting a revolt and targeting Trump supporters, citing the recent shooting of a far-right activist and Trump supporter by an antifa supporter at a rally in Portland, Oregon:

“Remember the Trump supporter who was shot and killed?” he said. “That was a drill.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...rection.html&usg=AOvVaw29tIvmoDzI_abwnr8IDenc

tenor.gif

So now there's another one referencing shadows.

You’re being kind. He sounds legitimately unwell. Like, someone go rescue his own family from him. That kind of unwell.
You are right, but since he is in a position of considerable power in the United States, I think we had better put the country first and attempt to get him removed from office (as well as exposing why the administration has had him in place at HHS for they have had a motive for so doing) before we rescue his family from him. My priorities would be, in order:

1-Get Caputo out of office.
2-Replace Caputo with someone of sound mind.
3-Remove responsibilities that do not belong to someone in the Caputo position from having them.
4-Rescue Caputo's family. (They can be referred to The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill which supports the families of mentally ill people.)

You are right, but since he is in a position of considerable power in the United States, I think we had better put the country first and attempt to get him removed from office (as well as exposing why the administration has had him in place at HHS for they have had a motive for so doing) before we rescue his family from him. My priorities would be, in order:

1-Get Caputo out of office.
2-Replace Caputo with someone of sound mind.
3-Remove responsibilities that do not belong to someone in the Caputo position from having them.
4-Rescue Caputo's family. (They can be referred to The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill which supports the families of mentally ill people.)

You’re more operational than me. I was thinking more about the dudes with nets coming for him while his wife and kids are hiding in the other room.

But of course you’re right. I”m in.

i'm starting to think that John Gotti hired more competent people.

I don't even know where to begin. This guy has surely got mental problems and he speaks for the Dept. of HHS.

He does more than just speak for the HHS.

The Post this weekend confirmed a Politico report that political aides at HHS “sought to change, delay and prevent the release of reports about the coronavirus by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because they were viewed as undermining President Trump’s message that the pandemic is under control.”

The Post’s Lena H. Sun reports that HHS spokesman Michael Caputo, a close Trump ally, and Caputo adviser Paul Alexander have spent months scrutinizing the reports and even demanding that they be allowed to make edits. The report is based upon actual emails, which Caputo confirmed were authentic.

This nutbag decides what the CDC reports about the biggest health crisis of our lifetimes.

“I don’t like being alone in Washington,” he said, describing “shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.” He then built a crescendo of conspiracy theories, culminating in a prediction that Mr. Trump will win re-election but his Democratic opponent, Joseph R. Biden Jr., will refuse to concede. Wow. These people have got to go.

Thus are the Republicans prepping us for a close election in which Trump appears to be ahead at first while the absentee ballot count has Biden gradually catching up and finally overtaking Trump while conservatives across the nation go slowly insane and insist the count be stopped because it is a "fraud."

At night, shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.

Thus are the Republicans prepping us for a close election in which Trump appears to be ahead at first while the absentee ballot count has Biden gradually catching up and finally overtaking Trump while conservatives across the nation go slowly insane and insist the count be stopped because it is a "fraud."

At night, shadows on the ceiling in my apartment, there alone, shadows are so long.

Lol, yeah I could see that happening. Of course the descent into insanity will be quicker for some. Caputo is already over the edge.

Back
Top Bottom