• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Miami private school won't employ teachers who get the Covid-19 vaccine

Would like to see the actual letter (policy statement) from the school.

Tried to go to the schools website. Seems it is down.

It is friggen odd.

I was curious if they were thinking they could make it to SCOTUS

Pretty sure that's illegal, even for a private school. Discrimination on medical grounds or whatever.

The covid-19 vaccine is NOT FDA approved, only allowed an exemption. I have no problem whatsoever with their decision as it is their decision to make.

The covid-19 vaccine is NOT FDA approved, only allowed an exemption. I have no problem whatsoever with their decision as it is their decision to make.

Do individuals have any rights in deciding to take or not take the vaccine?

Of course I’m sure you would feel the same about a private school not allowing a teacher to work who has not gotten the vaccine.

Until it isn't.

Wonder what the CEO would think of the majority of teachers have already been vaccinated and based on the policy quit. No teachers, no school, no big paycheck for the CEO.

Do individuals have any rights in deciding to take or not take the vaccine?

Yes they do. I do not agree with their decision, despite that I will not be taking the vaccine. But it is a private school and their decision to make.

Yes they do. I do not agree with their decision, despite that I will not be taking the vaccine. But it is a private school and their decision to make.
What legal justification is there for them to tell their employees they can't get medical treatment?

So what if the a private company (in this case a school) makes the vaccine for covid mandatory for teachers and students? Can a private company force an individual to get vaccinated?

Back to the OP, how would the school know if a person received the vaccine or not? Medical records are private.

What legal justification is there for them to tell their employees they can't get medical treatment?
I don't think they're stopping them from seeking treatment. Rather, making that decision as a condition of employment. I suppose the same as other institutions requiring flu shots as a condition of employment. I find this school's stance unusual but as it is a private institution, the market will correct.

So what if the a private company (in this case a school) makes the vaccine for covid mandatory for teachers and students? Can a private company force an individual to get vaccinated?

Back to the OP, how would the school know if a person received the vaccine or not? Medical records are private.

No, I do not believe a private company can make a person take or not take a vaccine. However, it may be a condition of employment, unless there is a contract otherwise and possibly not if a government employer. Long ago I was a union steward and in that context I would have pushed for language that disallowed the company such authority in either direction, with an exemption being if the government required it for business operations (a meat packinghouse). We also allowed no video cameras or recording devices watching employees and language limiting how much an employer could monitor or take actions upon a person's private life. Drug tests pre-employment, but none after - etc.

This an example also why private sector employees should unionize. Notably all Big Tech and mega corporations now falsely pretending to be civil rights champions are non-union.

I don't want to overly simplify the topic. That the FDA has NOT given full approval is not an irrelevancy or just a footnote. If the FDA refuses to verify it is long term safe for me that is reason enough not to take the vaccine. It's not as if anyone is liable if it is proven to cause terrible harms down the road years or decades or generations from now.

I don't think they're stopping them from seeking treatment. Rather, making that decision as a condition of employment. I suppose the same as other institutions requiring flu shots as a condition of employment. I find this school's stance unusual but as it is a private institution, the market will correct.

from the article
Centner Academy outlined its controversial policy in a letter to parents, encouraging faculty and staff to hold off on being vaccinated "until there is further research available." Those who do wish to be vaccinated are asked to wait until the end of the school year.

Towards the bottom of the article is the CEO's statement:

"he health and safety of our students has, and remains, our #1 priority at Centner Academy, the first happiness school in the US which draws on the latest research in the fields of mindfulness, emotional intelligence and the science of happiness.
For example, on March 16, 2020, at the very onset of COVID in the US, Centner Academy was the first school in Miami, and one of the first in the country, to close in-person classes and fully pivot to online learning.
Subsequently, on September 8, 2020, we fully opened in-person, while many schools around the country remained online, and still do to this day. We weighed the data and studied the research. We knew then that children had a 99.9974% survival rate and children were not super spreaders. We also studied the increase in suicide rates and related emotional issues due to the lockdowns and children being required to remain learning online.
Our responses and actions have consistently been out of an abundance of caution and thoughtful decision-making when risks to our children are presented. This includes physical as well as mental health risks.
Anecdotally, tens of thousands of women all over the world have recently been reporting adverse reproductive issues simply from being in close proximity with those who have received any one of the COVID-19 injections, e.g., irregular menses, bleeding, miscarriages, post-menopausal hemorrhaging, and amenorrhea (complete loss of menstruation).
No one knows exactly what may be causing these irregularities, but it appears that those who have received the injections may be transmitting something from their bodies to those with whom they come in contact. Until more is known, we must err on the side of caution when it comes to the welfare of our students and the school team.
We are not 100% sure the COVID injections are safe and there are too many unknown variables for us to feel comfortable at this current time.
This injection is still classified as an experimental drug and is not scheduled for FDA approval until at least 2023. We can re-evaluate our decision once more is known about the drug, if and when it passes FDA approval. As many of you may be aware, this injection is known to have issues. This injection is an experiment. See the links below to see adverse events reported on the U.S. government website VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) since the general public began taking the injection:

"Underreporting" is one of the main limitations of passive surveillance systems, including VAERS. The term underreporting refers to the fact that VAERS receives reports for only a small fraction of actual adverse events. VAERS is a government database managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
When it comes to human health, it’s very personal. This injection is still classified as an experimental drug. It is not scheduled for FDA approval until at least 2023. We know not everyone agrees on this topic, but this is our philosophy at Centner Academy, one in which many of our teachers and parents share.
It’s no secret that education systems around the world are facing challenges in preparing students to deal with the demands of unpredictable circumstances related to COVID-19.
At Centner Academy, we are teaching children how to navigate change and become emotional ninjas, while keeping them healthy and safe physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I'm not so sure covid-19 records are private.

No, I do not believe a private company can make a person take or not take a vaccine. However, it may be a condition of employment, unless there is a contract otherwise and possibly not if a government employer. Long ago I was a union steward and in that context I would have pushed for language that disallowed the company such authority in either direction, with an exemption being if the government required it for business operations (a meat packinghouse). We also allowed no video cameras or recording devices watching employees and language limiting how much an employer could monitor or take actions upon a person's private life. Drug tests pre-employment, but none after - etc.

This an example also why private sector employees should unionize. Notably all Big Tech and mega corporations now falsely pretending to be civil rights champions are non-union.

I don't want to overly simplify the topic. That the FDA has NOT given full approval is not an irrelevancy or just a footnote. If the FDA refuses to verify it is long term safe for me that is reason enough not to take the vaccine. It's not as if anyone is liable if it is proven to cause terrible harms down the road years or decades or generations from now.

In your opinion can a private company fire someone for taking a vaccine (CV19) if there policy is employees should not take it?

This seems to be the underlying motivation:

“Tens of thousands of women all over the world have recently been reporting adverse reproductive issues simply from being in close proximity with those who have received any one of the COVID-19 injections, e.g., irregular menses, bleeding, miscarriages, post-menopausal hemorrhaging, and amenorrhea (complete loss of menstruation)."

Anecdotally, tens of thousands of women all over the world have recently been reporting adverse reproductive issues simply from being in close proximity with those who have received any one of the COVID-19 injections, e.g., irregular menses, bleeding, miscarriages, post-menopausal hemorrhaging, and amenorrhea (complete loss of menstruation).
No one knows exactly what may be causing these irregularities, but it appears that those who have received the injections may be transmitting something from their bodies to those with whom they come in contact. Until more is known, we must err on the side of caution when it comes to the welfare of our students and the school team.

That right there is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom