• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MH17 missile 'came from Russia', Dutch-led investigators say

Fallenangel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
MH17 missile 'came from Russia', Dutch-led investigators say - BBC

_91404623_hi035566658.jpg

"International prosecutors investigating the downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014 say the missile that hit the plane was fired from territory controlled by Russian-backed rebels. They said the missile launcher was brought into Ukraine from Russia. All 298 people on board the Boeing 777 died when it broke apart in midair flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur..."

Fallen.

Russia vetoed a UN security council resolution which would have set up a criminal court to prosecute those responsible.

Seems a little self serving now.

Wow, what a complete surprise that in this day and age a NATO group and western media would find Russia guilly of a crime for which there is no evidence. Color me totally shocked!!

Wow, what a complete surprise that in this day and age a NATO group and western media would find Russia guilly of a crime for which there is no evidence. Color me totally shocked!!

And what a surprise that the poster who defends everything that Russia does once again comes to their defense. Let me guess it is another conspiracy that the investigators are framing Russia. Is there anything you don't see a conspiracy in.

MH17 missile 'came from Russia', Dutch-led investigators say - BBC

_91404623_hi035566658.jpg

"International prosecutors investigating the downing of flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine in 2014 say the missile that hit the plane was fired from territory controlled by Russian-backed rebels. They said the missile launcher was brought into Ukraine from Russia. All 298 people on board the Boeing 777 died when it broke apart in midair flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur..."

Fallen.

The Russians also seem to have removed the launcher afterwards according to Spiegel.

What must be surprising to you is that Russia vetoed a UN prosecution of those responsible.

And what a surprise that the poster who defends everything that Russia does once again comes to their defense. Let me guess it is another conspiracy that the investigators are framing Russia. Is there anything you don't see a conspiracy in.

Some conspiracies are as plain to see as the nose on your face.

In this case, the US allegations were never once proved in any way. No satellite info to back up the claims, no radar data to back it up, and it's been several years now.

From a common sense perspective, what possible advantage could Russia have gained by doing this? NONE.

The manufacturer of the BUK system, in concert with the Dutch, have shown that the missle fragments were from an older unit that Russia no longer uses, but that Ukraine has a number of.

This is but more anti-Russian propaganda, and any disinterested observer who has been paying attention can see that.

Although the Dutch declined in their report to publicly identify the unit that transported the Buk into Ukraine, numerous avenues of evidence identify the Russian military 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade based at Kursk, Russia.

In July of 2016, Russia vetoed a UN resolution to establish an international tribunal to bring the perpretrators to justice.

In this case, the US allegations were never once proved in any way. No satellite info to back up the claims, no radar data to back it up, and it's been several years now.

From a common sense perspective, what possible advantage could Russia have gained by doing this? NONE.

The manufacturer of the BUK system, in concert with the Dutch, have shown that the missle fragments were from an older unit that Russia no longer uses, but that Ukraine has a number of.

This is but more anti-Russian propaganda, and any disinterested observer who has been paying attention can see that.

Coming from someone who sees conspiracies every where, including nuclear bombs going off in downtown New York with no one noticing, what you think you see and what is reality seems to be at great odds with each other.

It not just US allegations or were you so quick to defend Russia that you didnt even bother to read the link.
And while there probably is very little reason for Russia to shoot down that flight it is very likely that the rebels that the Russians were supporting there could have shot it down by mistake. After all this isnt the first time they fired on planes there.

And you are far from a disinterested observer. Almost every single post you make on this site are either blaming the US government for one conspiracy or another, or defending Russia. That is quite a pattern for a supposed disinterested observer.

So why exactly do you think Putin decided to veto the international tribunal to bring the perpetrators to justice. If it so easily proven that Russia had nothing to do with this it should have been quite easy for them to prove themselves innocent.

Simpleχity;1066363052 said:
Although the Dutch declined in their report to publicly identify the unit that transported the Buk into Ukraine, numerous avenues of evidence identify the Russian military 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade based at Kursk, Russia.

In July of 2016, Russia vetoed a UN resolution to establish an international tribunal to bring the perpretrators to justice.

2015 right? Or was there another in 2016?

What must be surprising to you is that Russia vetoed a UN prosecution of those responsible.

Yes, I already knew that, and I understand why. It's not rocket science, no pun intended. They voted against it because they knew THEY would be the target. They understand better than most how corrupt the west is, and how any such event would be but a kangaroo court. They have conducted their own kangaroo courts many times. They are not stupid, but the american electorate is.

They were framed in this case, and one must be pretty darn gullible to believe a gang of people known for their mendacity.

My guess is that this incident was a double play for the west. Malaysia was punished for holding the trial of Bush & Co for war crimes, and Russia was framed leading to sanctions against them. Win, win.

Yes, I already knew that, and I understand why. It's not rocket science, no pun intended. They voted against it because they knew THEY would be the target. They understand better than most how corrupt the west is, and how any such event would be but a kangaroo court. They have conducted their own kangaroo courts many times. They are not stupid, but the american electorate is.

They were framed in this case, and one must be pretty darn gullible to believe a gang of people known for their mendacity.

My guess is that this incident was a double play for the west. Malaysia was punished for holding the trial of Bush & Co for war crimes, and Russia was framed leading to sanctions against them. Win, win.

Have the Russian's released any findings on who was responsible for the attack? They were the first to secure the scene of the crash.

That's quite the imagination you have there. The thing I can't figure out is which part is the funniest is it how you think anyone cares about the little kangaroo court that was held in Malaysia, or that you think corruption in the west can hold a candle to the nonsense that goes on in Russia.

It would be best if you would just stick to the CT section. There's less people there to laugh at you.

And to further point out how ridiculous your CT nonsense is you think the Malaysian flight was brought down by the west for punishment and yet their is a Malaysian contingent as part of the investigating team that determined the missile came from the Russia backed rebel territory. Oh the silly way CT folks minds work. Or fail to as the case may be.

Last edited:

In the UN they have a veto. But it is true that supplying you friend with a weapon that kills non-combatant foreigners and then removing the weapon as evidence and swearing your friend is innocent would make you hesitate to have the dirty laundry exposed.

Have the Russian's released any findings on who was responsible for the attack? They were the first to secure the scene of the crash.

Within about 10 days of the incident the Russians released what radar information they had, and I think satellite imagery too. Their information showed 2 aircraft climbing towards the airliner, and that was corroborated by peasants on the ground hearing and seeing 2 fighter aircraft. BBC showed that early on, but it was removed in a day or two.

Nobody can provide any imagery or reports of an ascending BUK missile, which apparently leaves a very obvious visual footprint.

Early photos showed the clear markings of one random round creasing the upper surface of the left wing outboard, with the line aligning perfectly with the cockpit, where all the rest of the rounds impacted.

This coverup has been as thorough as the coverup for TWA800 all those years ago. Irony of ironies, or coincidence of coincidences, MH17 happened on the annivesary of TWA800.

On July 17 the pro-Russia rebels were at the crash site first. They initially reported on social media (Facebook) that they had downed another Ukraine military cargo plane. (The had done so on the 14th). When they began to come across the hundreds of dead bodies strewn across the sunflower fields north of Torez, they realized they had downed a passenger airliner and deleted the initial Facebook message. They then looted bodies, stealing money and credit cards. They also began to tamper with the evidence, using large chain saws to cut up large sections of the fuselage to place them on flatbed trucks and haul them away.

That's quite the imagination you have there. The thing I can't figure out is which part is the funniest is it how you think anyone cares about the little kangaroo court that was held in Malaysia, or that you think corruption in the west can hold a candle to the nonsense that goes on in Russia.

It would be best if you would just stick to the CT section. There's less people there to laugh at you.

And to further point out how ridiculous your CT nonsense is you think the Malaysian flight was brought down by the west for punishment and yet their is a Malaysian contingent as part of the investigating team that determined the missile came from the Russia backed rebel territory. Oh the silly way CT folks minds work. Or fail to as the case may be.

This Dutch/NATO report is itself a conspiracy theory. Have the mods move the thread if you don't like it.

And if Kiev had honored the results of the referendum in the Donetsk region which gave roughly a 90% vote to leave the Ukraine...MH17 never would have been shot down.

But instead Kiev would rather kill their own people rather then let them leave.....so they deliberately started a civil war which resulted in a war zone which MH17 - like idiots - flew through/near and hence they got shot down.

I don't know who did it but I do know that if Kiev had done what they should do and honor the OVERWHELMING will of the people and let them go...this horrible tragedy would never have happened.

BTW - once again, it was a war zone and only idiots fly through/near war zones...especially when they do not have to. A LOT of people are at fault for this. Kiev, the pilots and mostly whomever brought the plane down. But if someone shot down MH17 by mistake - which I assume is what happened - then they are no more to blame then when the U.S. Navy brought down that Iranian airliner years ago (also by mistake).

YOU DON"T FLY THROUGH/NEAR A WAR ZONE...DUH.

Last edited:
In the UN they have a veto. But it is true that supplying you friend with a weapon that kills non-combatant foreigners and then removing the weapon as evidence and swearing your friend is innocent would make you hesitate to have the dirty laundry exposed.

And if it's not true that a) a BUK missile was fired at MH17 and b) that the missile was fired by Russian friends, then what?

Russia Implicated in Shooting Down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Over Ukraine | New York Times

September 28, 2016

35913399_303.jpg

Joint Investigative Team releasing their MH-17 Report in the Netherlands

United Nations -- A Dutch-led investigation has concluded that the powerful surface-to-air missile system that was used to shoot down a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine over two years ago, killing all 298 aboard, was trucked in from Russia at the request of Russian-backed separatists and returned to Russia the same night. The report largely confirmed the already widely documented Russian government role not only in the deployment of the missile system, called a Buk, or SA-11, butthe subsequent cover-up, which continues to this day.

The report by a team of prosecutors from the Netherlands, Australia, Malaysia and Ukraine was significant for applying standards of evidence admissible in court, while still building a case directly implicating Russia, and is likely to open a long diplomatic and legal struggle over the tragedy. The Dutch Safety Board determined in October that the plane had been shot down by a missile fired from a Buk surface-to-air system. The report of the Joint Investigative Team, led by the Netherlands' chief public prosecutor, Fred Westerbeke, confirmed that finding. It concluded that the weapon used in the attack hadbeen brought to Ukraine from Russia, though it drew no conclusions about who gave the orders to move the weapon and -- most important -- to shoot

Related: Deutsche Welle | Investigators: Russian missile downed MH17

BBC | MH17 missile 'came from Russia', Dutch-led investigators say

Two surprises in one morning: the NYT has printed the official story!! :mrgreen:

Two surprises in one morning: the NYT has printed the official story!! :mrgreen:
I told you over a year ago that this day would come, and then the lies would be exposed for all to see.

Well that day is here, and every major print/online paper in the world is driving a stake into Moscow's lies, subterfuge, and conspiracy theories.

Why was the launcher moved into Russia, after the shoot down?

Mulig_bevisvideo__Hevder_dette_er_missilsystemet___Buk___pa_vei_.jpg

Video screen-grab shows the Buk on a transporter truck heading east and back to Russia. Two of the four Buk system missiles (top) are missing.

Back
Top Bottom