• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mh-17

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
CDB8DACB-EAFE-46D6-BC6A-446721807854_w640_r1_s.jpg

BUK missile detonating via proximity sensor

Dutch Safety Board - Final report MH17

header-reconstructie.jpg

[video=youtube;iGm00TdqirY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?iGm00TdqirY[/video]

Breaking Down the MH17 Crash Report's Findings

The report says that a BUK anti-aircraft missile detonated to the left and slightly above the cockpit, ripping the nose off the front of the plane containing the pilot and part of business class right off the airplane. Shrapnel was found in many of the bodies. The report did not assign blame but Tjibbe Joustra, chairman of the Dutch Safety Board, told reporters that the BUK missile was fired from areas controlled by Russian-backed militants despite Russia's claims to the contrary. Even more gruesome, the report says that some of the bodies were tampered with in an attempt to hide evidence. The Guardian reports:

The report by the Dutch safety board said that more than 120 objects, “mostly metal fragments”, were found in the body of the first officer, who had sustained “multiple fractures”.. When Dutch experts identified the captain’s body they found it had already “undergone an external and internal examination to remove foreign objects”.

Despite apparent attempts to remove shrapnel, “hundreds of metal objects were found”, the report said, as well as bone fractures and other injuries.

Among the fragments of missile shrapnel examined, two were in the shape of a bow tie, which the Dutch board found to be characteristic of a particular type of Buk missile warhead. However, the Russian manufacturer had earlier denied that any such fragments were found, and insisted an older Buk model was used, one that was no longer in service in the Russian armed forces.

CRMe8N6UkAAX_2g.jpg:large

The Russian BUK warhead detonated 1 meter above and towards the left-side of the cockpit instantly killing the cockpit crew

How Dutch investigators traced the MH17 missile back to its source

How Dutch Investigators Rebuffed Russia’s Alternative MH17 Theories

Ex-war crimes judge: Dutch report refutes Russia

MH17: The Truth Will Come Out

Ukraine's Foreign Minister: MH17 Investigation May Again Request UN Tribunal

The Joint International Criminal Investigation Team MH17 (JIT) consisting of prosecutors and police agencies of Ukraine, Belgium, Australia and Malaysia and Eurojust continue its own criminal investigation into the circumstances of the MH17 flight crash on July 17, 2014 after Dutch Safety Board presented its final report about the facts surrounding the disaster.

The JIT countries may again petition the United Nations to formally authorize a UN tribunal to prosecute those responsible for the murder of 298 MH17 passengers and crew. This past July, Russia used its permanent Security Council veto to scuttle a UN tribunal. Would Russia again veto a resolution and again block justice?

Russia’s Reality Trolls and the MH17 War of Misinformation

Whoever shot down flight MH17, Russia’s reputation is in tatters

Bs7FG2DCQAAX9kq1.jpg

The Dutch board missed a big part of it, namely the obvious signs of cannon fire, across the upper outboard section of the left wing and the cockpit.

No surprise, as the Dutch are in NATO and are doing as their masters instructed.

Simpleχity;1065135849 said:
CDB8DACB-EAFE-46D6-BC6A-446721807854_w640_r1_s.jpg

BUK missile detonating via proximity sensor

Dutch Safety Board - Final report MH17

header-reconstructie.jpg

[video=youtube;iGm00TdqirY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?iGm00TdqirY[/video]

Breaking Down the MH17 Crash Report's Findings

The report says that a BUK anti-aircraft missile detonated to the left and slightly above the cockpit, ripping the nose off the front of the plane containing the pilot and part of business class right off the airplane. Shrapnel was found in many of the bodies. The report did not assign blame but Tjibbe Joustra, chairman of the Dutch Safety Board, told reporters that the BUK missile was fired from areas controlled by Russian-backed militants despite Russia's claims to the contrary. Even more gruesome, the report says that some of the bodies were tampered with in an attempt to hide evidence. The Guardian reports:

The report by the Dutch safety board said that more than 120 objects, “mostly metal fragments”, were found in the body of the first officer, who had sustained “multiple fractures”.. When Dutch experts identified the captain’s body they found it had already “undergone an external and internal examination to remove foreign objects”.

Despite apparent attempts to remove shrapnel, “hundreds of metal objects were found”, the report said, as well as bone fractures and other injuries.

Among the fragments of missile shrapnel examined, two were in the shape of a bow tie, which the Dutch board found to be characteristic of a particular type of Buk missile warhead. However, the Russian manufacturer had earlier denied that any such fragments were found, and insisted an older Buk model was used, one that was no longer in service in the Russian armed forces.

CRMe8N6UkAAX_2g.jpg:large

The Russian BUK warhead detonated 1 meter above and towards the left-side of the cockpit instantly killing the cockpit crew

How Dutch investigators traced the MH17 missile back to its source

How Dutch Investigators Rebuffed Russia’s Alternative MH17 Theories

Ex-war crimes judge: Dutch report refutes Russia

MH17: The Truth Will Come Out

Ukraine's Foreign Minister: MH17 Investigation May Again Request UN Tribunal

The Joint International Criminal Investigation Team MH17 (JIT) consisting of prosecutors and police agencies of Ukraine, Belgium, Australia and Malaysia and Eurojust continue its own criminal investigation into the circumstances of the MH17 flight crash on July 17, 2014 after Dutch Safety Board presented its final report about the facts surrounding the disaster.

The JIT countries may again petition the United Nations to formally authorize a UN tribunal to prosecute those responsible for the murder of 298 MH17 passengers and crew. This past July, Russia used its permanent Security Council veto to scuttle a UN tribunal. Would Russia again veto a resolution and again block justice?

Russia’s Reality Trolls and the MH17 War of Misinformation

Whoever shot down flight MH17, Russia’s reputation is in tatters

Bs7FG2DCQAAX9kq1.jpg

If it were the only blood on Putin's hands they'd be practically clean.

The Dutch board missed a big part of it, namely the obvious signs of cannon fire, across the upper outboard section of the left wing and the cockpit.

No surprise, as the Dutch are in NATO and are doing as their masters instructed.

You mean that the plane was hit by a rocket and a cannon at the same time?

You mean that the plane was hit by a rocket and a cannon at the same time?

Not at the same time.

I can only speculate as to the precise timing, but from the damage observed, and from video since removed from the internet, my guess is 1 air to air missile, perhaps also a BUK type weapon, and then as the aircraft started down, a burst of cannon fire struck the cockpit and wing.

I can only speculate as to the precise timing, but from the damage observed, and from video since removed from the internet, my guess is 1 air to air missile, perhaps also a BUK type weapon, and then as the aircraft started down, a burst of cannon fire struck the cockpit and wing.
Your input is as hilarious as ever :lamo

Not at the same time.

Such precision. I wonder how the rest of the world missed that!:doh

If it were the only blood on Putin's hands they'd be practically clean.
Hardly. In Ukraine alone Putin is responsible for...

8,000+ confirmed dead
17,811 injured
1.5 million war refugees
1,915 UA soldiers KIA
875 civilians confirmed missing (perhaps thousands)
271 UA soldiers missing
153 UA soldiers held prisoner
Hundreds of unidentified dead
Thousands of orphans
Over a dozen Crimeans/Ukrainians held in Russian prisons
298 foreign civilians murdered (MH17)
~$1 trillion in compensatory/infrastructure damages

Such precision. I wonder how the rest of the world missed that!:doh

I like your callsign, Gunner.

In the early days of flying, we used to have a little fun by throwing out the window a roll of toilet paper. It would then unwind as it descended, leaving a nice long tape, a visible target. Then we private pilots would maneuver the airplane to hit the vertical tape of paper. He who could hit it the most times was the winner.

I don't see much difference getting a good gun shot on an already wounded and spiraling Boeing. See, it's not really as hard as you might have thought. Skilled gunners can get shots into moving objects, can't they?

Simpleχity;1065139655 said:
Sorry. Conspiracy theory doesn't work for you here anymore. Even the Russians have finally admitted a BUK missile downed flight MH17.

Dutch Safety Board Final Report - MH17

CRMpLDfUAAAk2If.png

New York Times - Russia's Fictions On Malaysia Flight 17

Yeah, that's funny and oh so typical of NYT--lecturing the Russians on the schrapnel patterns of their own (Russian) missiles, even after the manufacturer conducted and video taped tests with both the old war head and the new one.

NYT just makes you so proud to be an American, eh? :lamo

I like your callsign, Gunner.

In the early days of flying, we used to have a little fun by throwing out the window a roll of toilet paper. It would then unwind as it descended, leaving a nice long tape, a visible target. Then we private pilots would maneuver the airplane to hit the vertical tape of paper. He who could hit it the most times was the winner.

I don't see much difference getting a good gun shot on an already wounded and spiraling Boeing. See, it's not really as hard as you might have thought. Skilled gunners can get shots into moving objects, can't they?

Just how incredible does a theory have to get before you won't automatically buy into it I wonder ? :lol:

Just how incredible does a theory have to get before you won't automatically buy into it I wonder ? :lol:

You're probably not interested in the truth, but here is what happened. It wasn't that the story presented on that Thursday evening was not credible. Indeed, it WAS credible that a BUK missile accidentally shot down MH17.

No, the gigantic clue that something was afoot was the way the story was covered by the MSM on that Thursday evening, the presentation, if you know what I mean.

I do regularly watch the evening news on TV, all of the Big 3 networks, but I seldom watch on Thursday because I'm usually involved in social activities on Thursdays. That Thursday I was not, so I settled down to watch the news at home.

Oh, it was special, but in so many ways completely typical of a propaganda putsch. All 3 networks ran "One Hour Special Coverage" of the event. And all 3 were absolutely certain of precisely what had happened and why and who. They had learned that, we were told, by "un-named authorities" at the Pentagon and probably State Department too. The US was bloody certain of the details, absolutely positive. Among other things, they had the solid information from social media. Since I don't do social media, I could only imagine how authoritative social media is.

I've been propagandized by the best of them Flogger. Military indoctrination is propaganda, in case you didn't know. They tell you and condition you how to think and what to think.

The story of MH17 was pure propaganda, meant only to demonize Russia.

So the story was credible, but the presentation was a dead giveaway--it was propaganda.

You're welcome.

You're probably not interested in the truth, but here is what happened. It wasn't that the story presented on that Thursday evening was not credible. Indeed, it WAS credible that a BUK missile accidentally shot down MH17.

No, the gigantic clue that something was afoot was the way the story was covered by the MSM on that Thursday evening, the presentation, if you know what I mean.

I do regularly watch the evening news on TV, all of the Big 3 networks, but I seldom watch on Thursday because I'm usually involved in social activities on Thursdays. That Thursday I was not, so I settled down to watch the news at home.

Oh, it was special, but in so many ways completely typical of a propaganda putsch. All 3 networks ran "One Hour Special Coverage" of the event. And all 3 were absolutely certain of precisely what had happened and why and who. They had learned that, we were told, by "un-named authorities" at the Pentagon and probably State Department too. The US was bloody certain of the details, absolutely positive. Among other things, they had the solid information from social media. Since I don't do social media, I could only imagine how authoritative social media is.

I've been propagandized by the best of them Flogger. Military indoctrination is propaganda, in case you didn't know. They tell you and condition you how to think and what to think.

The story of MH17 was pure propaganda, meant only to demonize Russia.

So the story was credible, but the presentation was a dead giveaway--it was propaganda.

You're welcome.

Uh huh

So now the American media was responsible combined with dark forces in the State department.
I guess MH17 must have just crashed itself on Americas behalf in order to make the Russians look bad then :lamo

Yeah, that's funny and oh so typical of NYT--lecturing the Russians on the schrapnel patterns of their own (Russian) missiles, even after the manufacturer conducted and video taped tests with both the old war head and the new one.
Sorry. You'll have to do much better than that. Almaz-Antey (BUK manufacturer) said there would need to be "bowtie" shaped shrapnel if it was indeed a BUK missile.

From Annex X of the Dutch Safety Board MH17 report:

Based upon the damage examination it is concluded that the impact damage on the wreckage of flight MH17 is caused by a warhead with various types of preformed fragments in the 6-14 mm size range, including one type with a bowtie shape detonating to the left of, and above, the cockpit.

The damage observed on the wreckage is not consistent with the damage caused by the warhead of an air-to-air missile in use in the region in amount of damage, type of damage and type of fragments. The high-energy object damage on the wreckage of flight MH17 is therefore not caused by an air-to-air missile.

Of the investigated warheads only the 9N314M contains the unique bowtie shaped fragments found in the wreckage. The damage observed on the wreckage in amount of damage, type of damage, boundary and impact angles of damage, number and density of hits, size of penetrations and bowtie fragments found in the wreckage, is consistent with the damage caused by the 9N314M warhead used in the 9M38 and 9M38M1 BUK surface-to-air missile.

2D5F1E6400000578-3271971-The_BUK_missile_exploded_to_the_left_of_the_cockpit_causing_it_t-a-16_1444816899269.jpg

Distinctive "bowtie" shaped shrapnel fragments found in cockpit crew bodies and cockpit area.
Courtesy: Dutch Safety Board

I think it is funny anyone would believe a report by a committee where one of the prime suspects has veto power over the conclusion.

Simpleχity;1065139665 said:
Hardly. In Ukraine alone Putin is responsible for...

8,000+ confirmed dead
17,811 injured
1.5 million war refugees
1,915 UA soldiers KIA
875 civilians confirmed missing (perhaps thousands)
271 UA soldiers missing
153 UA soldiers held prisoner
Hundreds of unidentified dead
Thousands of orphans
Over a dozen Crimeans/Ukrainians held in Russian prisons
298 foreign civilians murdered (MH17)
~$1 trillion in compensatory/infrastructure damages

Yeah but the west isn't going to go to war with him for obvious reasons (not because obama is a weakling, sorry repubs).

By all means though, if you're part of anonymous or something, hack the living **** out of anything Russian if you can, whether its civilian or military.

original_big.jpg

Russian arms maker Almaz-Antey conducted an experiment on Oct. 13 by blowing up the nose of an Il-86 jet to simulate the downing of MH17 in an effort to blame Ukraine for the crash. The experiment has been ridiculed by experts, who pointed out that a different plane type and a non-moving warhead on the ground was used to simulate a rapidly moving rocket in the sky. Almaz-Antey’s use of a 7th-grade geometry textbook and the company's claim that its experiments cannot be refuted have also been mocked.

Murder in the sky

Video shows the moment Russian-backed rebels realized they shot down a civilian airliner in eastern Ukraine

BBC - Flight MH17: Russia and its changing story

How the Dutch Safety Board Proved Russia Faked MH17 Evidence

Crash report spotlights Russian lies

original_big.jpg

Putin's propaganda machine churning out MH17 lies, deceptions, and fictions

Uh huh

So now the American media was responsible combined with dark forces in the State department.
I guess MH17 must have just crashed itself on Americas behalf in order to make the Russians look bad then :lamo

Yes Flogger, you're exactly right, again. Yes the airplane just crashed itself. :lamo

I think it is funny anyone would believe a report by a committee where one of the prime suspects has veto power over the conclusion.

Most western media believe anything they are told by "anonymous" government sources. It's old news, and the simple reason why the bulk of americans are so well indoctrinated. They believe anything they are told, and are careful to ask no questions at all.

That tradition goes back to the Warren Commission, IMO. And followed years later by the 911 Commission. An unquestioning audience makes propaganda efforts very easy.

Yes Flogger, you're exactly right, again. Yes the airplane just crashed itself. :lamo

I believe you would even try to claim that before you'd admit the Russians or their mercenaries did it :lol:

Most western media believe anything they are told by "anonymous" government sources. It's old news, and the simple reason why the bulk of americans are so well indoctrinated. They believe anything they are told, and are careful to ask no questions at all.

That tradition goes back to the Warren Commission, IMO. And followed years later by the 911 Commission. An unquestioning audience makes propaganda efforts very easy.

You forgot the Pentagon papers too !!!

Damn it man you are slipping :lamo

18buk2.jpg

Russian BUK surface-to-air missile system like the one which Dutch investigators say was fired at MH17

Russian missile killed pilots and cut jet in half

MH17 technical report a step forward to prosecute perpetrators

The recently published Dutch Safety Board's (DSB) technical report on MH17, is a step forward in assisting criminal investigations by the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to trace and prosecute the perpetrators.

JIT, comprising the Netherlands, Malaysia, Belgium, Ukraine and Australia, was formed to establish the facts, identify those responsible for the crash and to collect evidence, which can be used in court while the DSB-led investigation team focused on the technical aspects of the tragedy which evolved around the issues of causes of the crash.

The DSB team, which also comprises Malaysia, Ukraine, the UK, the US, Australia and Russia, was not concerned with question of blame or liability as answering those questions fall under the criminal investigation, according to the DSB official website. On Tuesday, the DSB concluded that MH17 was shot down by a Russian-made surface-to-air BUK missile while cruising at 33,000 ft over rebel-held eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people aboard, on July 17 last year.

Buk-Missile Manufacturer Almaz-Antey Wants EU to Compensate MH17 Experiment

The Kremlin should pay BUK manufacturer Almaz-Antey for its faulty propaganda stunt.

The Large-Scale Forensics That Reconstructed The Attack on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17

2D5EDA0B00000578-3271971-The_15_month_Dutch_led_inquiry_said_the_plane_was_hit_by_a_Russi-a-5_1444816826701.jpg

The Russian BUK missile exploded slightly above and to the left of the cockpit

Back
Top Bottom