• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meygn Kelly Hosts Black Lives Matter Discussion Panel

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I thought this was really well done and I think Fox News is the best news station for these types of panels. Fox usually does this the week after a really big cultural or sensitive issue happens that affects everyone. I can't recall any other network doing this. I've been watching a lot of CNN lately and during the past few days most of their commentators are just complaining about racism... Isn't it Ironic that only Fox News is the one that is leading the actual discussion on race that they are begging for!!!

For those sympathetic to this movement is this the type of conversation you are talking about having?? If not what is?

‘We’re Getting Blown in the Heads with Bullets!’ Fox Panel Explodes Over Black Lives Matter | Mediaite

Chicago BLM Activist: 'We Need to Abolish the Police' | Fox News Insider

I do not have a television yet I would like to see this.

No one seems to just speak up and say the obvious as they are fearful of being called a racist yet I am not a racist and I will say it!

This man in this op ed is right on target!

If You Don’t Want Cops To Shoot You, Don’t Resist Arrest

I thought this was really well done and I think Fox News is the best news station for these types of panels. Fox usually does this the week after a really big cultural or sensitive issue happens that affects everyone. I can't recall any other network doing this. I've been watching a lot of CNN lately and during the past few days most of their commentators are just complaining about racism... Isn't it Ironic that only Fox News is the one that is leading the actual discussion on race that they are begging for!!!

For those sympathetic to this movement is this the type of conversation you are talking about having?? If not what is?

‘We’re Getting Blown in the Heads with Bullets!’ Fox Panel Explodes Over Black Lives Matter | Mediaite

Chicago BLM Activist: 'We Need to Abolish the Police' | Fox News Insider
Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

God knows I trash Fox enough around here, but I'd really like to see this in a Fox environment.

Going to tape the 4A show for tomorrow!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

God knows I trash Fox enough around here, but I'd really like to see this in a Fox environment.

Going to tape the 4A show for tomorrow!

Yeah Fox actually does these types of panels quite a bit. Usually on a slow friday after all the news happens. I remember them doing one with the Trayvon Martin case and I think they did something with Justice Scalia. It's usually Hannity or Meygn who hosts them. I guess Bill O feels he is above that or doesn't have the temperament...

No one seems to just speak up and say the obvious as they are fearful of being called a racist yet I am not a racist and I will say it!

. For instance,
if police officers are pure statistical discriminators then as a civilian’s signal to police regarding
their likelihood of compliance becomes increasingly deterministic, racial differences will disappear.
To test this, we investigate racial differences in use of force on a set of police-civilian interactions
in which the police report the civilian was compliant on every measured dimension
, was not arrested,
and neither weapons nor contraband was found. In contrast to the model’s predictions,
racial differences on this set of interactions is large and statistically significant

http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399.pdf

YEah pretty much.OF course everbody knows that,even white liberal panderers ( if you gave them a shot of truth serum)

Not to say it can't happen, but it almost never will.

But we all know the drill. Gotta keep that 90% voying bloc at all costs.

YEah pretty much.OF course everbody knows that,even white liberal panderers ( if you gave them a shot of truth serum)

Not to say it can't happen, but it almost never will.

But we all know the drill. Gotta keep that 90% voying bloc at all costs.

I think this is relevant to the topic as I just witnessed this segment live a couple hours ago.

As I said, Wolf Blitzer was a bumbling idiot towards the end. I'm still not sure what he thinks we should listen to.

Pierson: CNN Lets Black Lives Matter Off Easy Compared to Tea Party | Mediaite

While an interesting study Sangha, and more like this should be done. I think the problem with it inherently lies with the thesis of the paper.

This paper explores racial differences in police use of force. On non-lethal uses of force, blacks and Hispanics are more than fifty percent more likely to experience some form of force in interactions with police.

No one seems to want to talk about the fact that these are the groups that just so happen to be the people involved in criminal activity or hang around such things. Sure, NOT everyone who is black or Hispanic does partake. Essentially because I see less of this in the Hispanic community than the black community, but it is a systemic problem that NO ONE in BLM is even acknowledging. In their minds it's all the state's fault and they are just pleasing their own bigotry.

Funny that most of these people will continue voting for those same policies they claim to hate.

While an interesting study Sangha, and more like this should be done. I think the problem with it inherently lies with the thesis of the paper.

No one seems to want to talk about the fact that these are the groups that just so happen to be the people involved in criminal activity or hang around such things

Umm, the report explicitly does consider, and control, for those factors.

It's not that no one wants to talk about those facts. It's that people like you ignore any talk that doesn't agree with your uninformed beliefs

It's not that no one wants to talk about those facts. It's that people like you ignore any talk that doesn't agree with your uninformed beliefs

I do not you have a lot of assumptions here which is part of the main problem with BLM in the first place. First off, I welcome a discussion on this as I said in my OP. Also even before this post, I had written another post a few days ago on here asking many questions about BLM and what exactly they want to see get accomplished. I asked for specifics and got NONE! I had gotten one really good but rather vague answer out of that thread. Nothing else really of substance.

This in turn leads me to believe that the BLM group leans conspiratorial in nature and that part of the problem is that their members are not too focused on issues within their own communities but would rather go around blaming white bogey-men and a system that has been doing nothing but holding them UP, yes I said UP not DOWN (like they believe) for the past sixty odd years.

Last edited:
I do not you have a lot of assumptions here which is part of the main problem with BLM in the first place. First off, I welcome a discussion on this as I said in my OP. Also even before this post, I had written another post a few days ago on here asking many questions about BLM and what exactly they want to see get accomplished. I asked for specifics and got NONE! I had gotten one really good but rather vague answer out of that thread. Nothing else really of substance.

This in turn leads me to believe that the BLM group leans conspiratorial in nature and that part of the problem is that their members are not too focused on issues within their own communities but would rather go around blaming white bogey-men and a system that has been doing nothing but holding them UP, yes I said UP not DOWN (like they believe) for the past sixty odd years.

I point out that the report discusses the exact thing that you say no one wants to talk about......and you start ranting about BLM.

Will you ever be responsive to points that don't support your beliefs, or will you always respond with straw men and red herrings about those evil liberals? 10 to 1 odds says that, in spite of your claim that you want to discuss the issue, you will say little to nothing (in this thread or any other thread) about the fact that the police demonstrate racial bias in the way they use force against black people. That's because you don't want to discuss the issue. You just want ammo to attack the left.

But the study also finds no bias in use of deadly force between blacks and whites and it is that lie that fuels BLM.

I mean, I'd guess that the use of force against police officers who were polite and had just cause to stop also has a racial bias... but that has nothing to do with the topic either.

I point out that the report discusses the exact thing that you say no one wants to talk about......and you start ranting about BLM.

Will you ever be responsive to points that don't support your beliefs, or will you always respond with straw men and red herrings about those evil liberals? 10 to 1 odds says that, in spite of your claim that you want to discuss the issue, you will say little to nothing (in this thread or any other thread) about the fact that the police demonstrate racial bias in the way they use force against black people. That's because you don't want to discuss the issue. You just want ammo to attack the left.

So what should we as a society be doing differently?? I have asked this question to various supporters of BLM and no one seems to have a specific concise answer to the problem that they claim exists. Just broad assumptions.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Beautiful.

I saw that paper the other day and read Roland Fryer's (the author of the paper) comments on the surprise (to him) findings of his paper.

“If anything, officers are less likely to shoot black suspects, ceteris paribus, though the racial differences are not significant,”
“Given the spate of video evidence on police shootings–all of which are of blacks–it is a bit surprising that they are less than half of the observations in the data,”

I saw that paper the other day and read Roland Fryer's (the author of the paper) comments on the surprise (to him) findings of his paper.

“If anything, officers are less likely to shoot black suspects, ceteris paribus, though the racial differences are not significant,”
“Given the spate of video evidence on police shootings–all of which are of blacks–it is a bit surprising that they are less than half of the observations in the data,”

The only thing that ticks me off is when people try to paint BLM as a terrorist organization or some asininity in likeness.

The only thing that ticks me off is when people try to paint BLM as a terrorist organization or some asininity in likeness.

Depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

Obama must have read that report before speaking at the police memorial; then changed his speech to sound like a complete asshole. Good find.

But the study also finds no bias in use of deadly force between blacks and whites and it is that lie that fuels BLM.

I mean, I'd guess that the use of force against police officers who were polite and had just cause to stop also has a racial bias... but that has nothing to do with the topic either.

The fact that the police are more likely to use force against a black person who is 100% compliant with the police and has not committed a crime is completely on topic

So what should we as a society be doing differently??

I have asked this question to various supporters of BLM and no one seems to have a specific concise answer to the problem that they claim exists. Just broad assumptions.

There have been numerous proposals about how to address the issue (ex body cams, training, oversight, etc). If you're only asking this question of BLM supporters then, IMO, you're doing it wrong.

And I want to point out that, as I predicted, you have little to say about the racially disparate use of force by police. As I predicted, you just blather on about "evil liberals"

The fact that the police are more likely to use force against a black person who is 100% compliant with the police and has not committed a crime is completely on topic

No, it's not. The BLM is the topic. The lie that blacks are being murdered by police is the topic. It is this lie that drives the BLM movement and it is this lie that fuels the cop killings.

Back
Top Bottom