• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meygn Kelly Hosts Black Lives Matter Discussion Panel

You still refuse to acknowledge the fact that half of your post was just baseless claims and conjecture. :lol: Whatever.

LOL, I was responding your your post that was nothing but conjecture. It was also entirely false. What I told you is true, whether you care to believe it or not.

Example:

21. If I am carrying a handgun, and I am approached by a police officer, what steps should I take to ensure that the police officer and I feel safe during this interaction?

Do as the officer asks. Tell the officer you are carrying a weapon and have a license to do so. Do not reach for the weapon. Let the officer tell you what to do with the weapon. On houstonpolice.org, there are videos that illustrate what you should do when you are in contact with a police officer.

That's right. You cherry picked the data

No, I reported what the police statistics said. I have now also pointed out to your that the rate of injury at the hands of police based on the second data set is higher for whites.

Face it, you tried to claim from a blurb in the study (aka. you cherry picked) that the rate of physical abuse by officers is higher among blacks without actually reading the study. You got burned. The actual physical contact was varried, and the only real difference in the police data in rates of contact is frisking rate, and the civilian reporting data set showed that more whites were injured by police than blacks.

You lose your argument.

His comments about Fox are pretty funny.

No, I reported what the police statistics said. I have now also pointed out to your that the rate of injury at the hands of police based on the second data set is higher for whites.

Face it, you tried to claim from a blurb in the study (aka. you cherry picked) that the rate of physical abuse by officers is higher among blacks without actually reading the study. You got burned. The actual physical contact was varried, and the only real difference in the police data in rates of contact is frisking rate, and the civilian reporting data set showed that more whites were injured by police than blacks.

You lose your argument.

You reported a subset of the statistics that backs your desired narrative. In other words, you cherry picked the data.

You reported a subset of the statistics that backs your desired narrative. In other words, you cherry picked the data.

Nope. Sangha made a claim about a subset of the data in the report regarding use of force. I looked at the police data that the study used that showed that while "force" was more often used on blacks, the "force" more often used was frisking. The second data set was the impression of civilians in all interactions with police, and in that data set it showed that whites were injured by police more often than blacks.

So either way the data doesn't paint a picture of police brutality against blacks as poster like Abbazorkzog seemed to glean from Sangha's selective post.

I mean, he literally pulled a single blurb from the study and didn't bother actually reading the study to see what his blurb meant.

2) Not true. People in all sorts of non-LE professions are trained to de-escalate hostility from potential/current customers. If the low-wage customer service workers who answer hot lines can do it, so can the police
It goes beyond that I think. If you see some videos, the police actually escalate situations for no discernible reason. That's kinda bonkers but it happens a lot.

Nope. Sangha made a claim about a subset of the data in the report regarding use of force. I looked at the police data that the study used that showed that while "force" was more often used on blacks, the "force" more often used was frisking. The second data set was the impression of civilians in all interactions with police, and in that data set it showed that whites were injured by police more often than blacks.

So either way the data doesn't paint a picture of police brutality against blacks as poster like Abbazorkzog seemed to glean from Sangha's selective post.

I mean, he literally pulled a single blurb from the study and didn't bother actually reading the study to see what his blurb meant.

The study shows that there is a statistically significant disparity in how police treat blacks compared to whites.

The study shows that there is a statistically significant disparity in how police treat blacks compared to whites.

Just not in any of the ways that police are getting shot over. Those are scurrilous lies propagated by the ignorant and purposely deceitful and it is getting police killed.

If you are REALLY incensed about the rate of frisking of black people by police then maybe we should start #BlackBallsMatter

Just not in any of the ways that police are getting shot over. Those are scurrilous lies propagated by the ignorant and purposely deceitful and it is getting police killed.

If you are REALLY incensed about the rate of frisking of black people by police then maybe we should start #BlackBallsMatter

Are you claiming that it is not a problem for police to treat blacks significantly differently than whites ?

I can agree that some of BLM/etc's claims are based on myth rather than reality, but it's not true that they're just making up the whole thing. I do wish both sides were more willing to appreciate their opposites' positions.

No, I reported what the police statistics said.

No, you reported a portion of the stats and chose only the portion that appeared to support your lie

That's called cherry picking and it's dishonest

Why don't you post Panel E from Table 1B instead of 1A?

Last edited:

Why don't you post Panel E from Table 1B?

Or will you refuse to do that because it completely reveals your lies?

No, you reported a portion of the stats and chose only the portion that appeared to support your lie

No, Sangha, I reported the statistics behind the portion of the study that you singled out.

I didn't cherry pick, I provided the actual details behind the blurb that you cherry picked.

No, Sangha, I reported the statistics behind the portion of the study that you singled out.

I didn't cherry pick, I provided the actual details behind the blurb that you cherry picked.

Instead of dodging in a lame attempt to hide the dishonesty in your post, why don't you post Panel E from Table 1B instead of 1A?

I don't know, why do you focus on 1B instead of 1A when the discussion is about police harming black civilians? You want to make a point about police handcuffing blacks more often than whites? Do you think that justifies the BLM movement? Can you show me where that is even a real concern of the BLM movement? You are retreating to a very small hill, sangha.

And why do you focus on any of that when the BLM movement is specifically concerned with police killing black people? You are attempting to divert by cherry picking data not related to the BLM movement.

The one woman was correct when talking about the % of intra-racial homicides. Where she failed was that it's not the % of perpetrators that's the issue, it's the actual rate of homicide. You could have 100% of whites killed be way less of a problem if it was only two white people killed by two other white people vs 95% of blacks killed by black people but the number killed was 30.

I can agree that some of BLM/etc's claims are based on myth rather than reality, but it's not true that they're just making up the whole thing. I do wish both sides were more willing to appreciate their opposites' positions.

SO aside from the murky claim that there is an increase in policy brutality in minority communities what other claims do you think BLM says are true? Or what other opinions do you sympathize with. For instance, I don't hear BLM talking about the things that we are talking about. They go to the extreme and say demilitarize and abolish the police!!! They don't say cops should do more paper work...

Instead of dodging in a lame attempt to hide the dishonesty in your post, why don't you post Panel E from Table 1B instead of 1A?

OK, sure:

statistics.JPG

Like I said, the one major difference between whites and blacks is the handcuffing rate. Is that what BLM is marching about?

I know why you won't post Panel E from Table 1B instead of 1A

It's because it reveals how dishonest your arguments are

LOL. I already verbally described what Panel E shows in that very post.

Do you think the increased rate of handcuffing is what BLM is marching about?

Answer: No, they are marching on a lie that was dispelled by that study... the part of the study that you avoided in your first post.

I mean seriously, Sangha, someone posts an article about how not to get shot by cops and YOU post a study that shows no significant difference in shooting rates between blacks and whites and gloss right over it because part of the study shows a difference in "use of force" which was either frisking or handcuffing based on which survey you use... neither of which says anything about shooting.

YOu are the one trying to change the subject with cherry picking the study and moving the goal posts.

Last edited:
SO aside from the murky claim that there is an increase in policy brutality in minority communities what other claims do you think BLM says are true? Or what other opinions do you sympathize with. For instance, I don't hear BLM talking about the things that we are talking about. They go to the extreme and say demilitarize and abolish the police!!! They don't say cops should do more paper work...

I don't know, but i'm not going to marginalize all of their qualms just because the media cherry picks the worst of them to broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom