• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Mexico will pay for it."

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
How many people took that to mean that Mexico would write a literal check for the wall and not getting that through other means (e.g. trade agreements, tariffs, lower illegal immigration, stopping jobs from being outsourced to Mexico, ect)?

How many people took that to mean that Mexico would write a literal check for the wall and not getting that through other means (e.g. trade agreements, tariffs, lower illegal immigration, stopping jobs from being outsourced to Mexico, ect)?

To most of us it was just Trump telling a crowd of gullible people what they wanted to hear.

It does mean that U.S. taxpayers should never be asked to foot the bill.

:beatdeadhorse

Nobody took "and Mexico will pay for it" to mean that the Great Wall Of Trump would be entirely funded by more deficit spending - which is exactly what Trump is now demanding. To assert otherwise is simply BS.

Trump said multiple times that Mexico would pay for his ego wall. he lied. it's as simple as that.

Even though Trump laid out exactly how he would get Mexico to pay for the wall, the Trump hating useful idiots, led by the Trump hating multimedia echo chamber and their talking potato heads, insist on believing the totally incorrect notion that Mexico would "write a check".

The thing is, though, no matter now much you point out the facts, those useful idiots will only counter with the nonsense from the echo chamber. It serves their purpose to abide by the quote in my sig.

Trump said multiple times that Mexico would pay for his ego wall. he lied. it's as simple as that.

Ah...so you took at as a literal check...got it. I just need to know what the capacity is of those who I'm dealing with is.

To most of us it was just Trump telling a crowd of gullible people what they wanted to hear.

It does mean that U.S. taxpayers should never be asked to foot the bill.

Is that a yes or no for you?

2016:
It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5- 10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.

So your point is don't take Chump literally? Is that it?

Nobody took "and Mexico will pay for it" to mean that the Great Wall Of Trump would be entirely funded by more deficit spending - which is exactly what Trump is now demanding. To assert otherwise is simply BS.

So you're already not counting things like....

Ford Cancels $1.6 Billion Mexico Plant, Invests $700M in Michigan | Fortune

Ford Motor Co (f, +1.73%) on Tuesday scrapped a planned Mexican car factory and added 700 jobs in Michigan following criticism by Donald Trump, as the U.S. president-elect turned his attention toward rival General Motors Co with the threat of a “big border tax” over compact cars made in Mexico.

The No. 2 U.S. automaker also said it would invest $700 million to expand the Flat Rock, Michigan factory and would make new electric, hybrid and autonomous vehicles there.

Why?

So your point is don't take Chump literally? Is that it?

Nope...my point is seeing how many have a lack of critical thinking skills.

Ah...so you took at as a literal check...got it. I just need to know what the capacity is of those who I'm dealing with is.

It's rich you talk about capacity. You are enabling the bigger douche bag in the history of the presidency.

Nope...my point is seeing how many have a lack of critical thinking skills.

Critical thinking skills? Did he say it or not? And over and over again.

You are implying that we aren't supposed to take him at his word.

I think it is you who lack the critical thinking skills.

It's rich you talk about capacity. You are enabling the bigger douche bag in the history of the presidency.

"the bigger"...rofl.

Let's see...is it "the bigger" than FDR, who ran literal internment camps for Japanese Americans and supported the seizing of their assets? Just want to see how you rate things here.

Critical thinking skills? Did he say it or not? And over and over again.

You are implying that we aren't supposed to take him at his word.

I think it is you who lack the critical thinking skills.

Yes...he said it. Again...you're proving the point I was making. Grats!

I see...you misunderstood the question in the OP. Again...I'm figuring out the intellectual capacity of those with whom I'm dealing with.

i tend to doubt that. i think that you're looking for an alternate reality escape route around what the Trump said. however, i'm here to pin you down with his actual words over and over again until i become bored with the activity. keep quoting me, and i'll keep steering you back.

i tend to doubt that. i think that you're looking for an alternate reality escape route around what the Trump said. however, i'm here to pin you down with his actual words over and over again until i become bored with the activity. keep quoting me, and i'll keep steering you back.

This is hilarious...you think you really have something here? Interesting. I guess if someone in sports says, "We're going to beat their (the other team's) ass!" to you it actually means they are going to be swatting them on the behind a lot.

Keep steering, though. You're only digging yourself deeper.

"the bigger"...rofl.

Let's see...is it "the bigger" than FDR, who ran literal internment camps for Japanese Americans and supported the seizing of their assets? Just want to see how you rate things here.

That's all you have is a typo? :lamo

This is hilarious...you think you really have something here? Interesting. I guess if someone in sports says, "We're going to beat their (the other team's) ass!" to you it actually means they are going to be swatting them on the behind a lot.

Keep steering, though. You're only digging yourself deeper.

lol. i love easy debates.

Donald Trump said:
realDonaldTrump
Mexico will pay for the wall!

5:31 AM - Sep 1, 2016

Back
Top Bottom