• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico – A U.S. Border Patrol agent fatally shot a 15-year-old Mexican boy after a group trying to illegally enter Texas threw rocks at officers near downtown El Paso, U.S. authorities said Tuesday.
The shooting, which happened Monday evening beneath a railroad bridge linking the two nations, drew sharp criticism from Mexico, where the government said Tuesday that "the use of firearms to repel attacks with stones represents disproportionate use of force, particularly coming from authorities who have received specialized training."
It was the second death of a Mexican at the hands of Border Patrol officers in less than two weeks, and the case threatened to swell into a full-blown international incident when U.S. and Mexican officials traded suggestions of misconduct.
Arturo Sandoval, a spokesman for the Chihuahua Attorney General's office, said a spent 40-mm shell was found near the body — raising the question of whether the fatal shot was fired inside Mexico, although he did not explicitly make that suggestion. That would violate the rules for Border Patrol agents, who are supposed to stay on the U.S. side of the border.
Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high - Yahoo! News
'
Damn straight anger is high. WTF Are Mexican's doing throwing rocks at our Border Patrol Agents?

Lethal force isn't the appropriate response to rock throwing.

Ever heard of "stoning"? A rock can be a lethal weapon.

Problem is the Border Patrol hasn't killed enough people lately. They need to shoot a few hundred more. Any ****er trying to illegally cross the border who is dumb enough to throw rocks at an armed man needs to be ****ing shot before he's living next door to you.

The hells? Yes it is. Throw rocks at police/border patrol get shot. Solves the problem of our people getting maimed/killed/injured by rocks thrown at them. Besides, what a silly comment you make, what should they do? Pick up some stones and throw them back???

The hells? Yes it is. Throw rocks at police/border patrol get shot. Solves the problem of our people getting maimed/killed/injured by rocks thrown at them. Besides, what a silly comment you make, what should they do? Pick up some stones and throw them back???

Ever heard of less than lethal?

Did you ever hear of that old Biblical way of executing people, called stoning? Rocks can hurt and kill. There's one thing that bullets can prevent, repeat rock throwing.

That is for movies. Real Life you don't carry less then lethal equipment to deal with a group of people stupid enough to thrown stones at armed law enforcement officers. You throw rocks, you get shot. Simple, easy, safe for our people.

Or do you think our Agents should risk life and limb? Why do you hate them??

Did you ever hear of that old Biblical way of executing people, called stoning? Rocks can hurt and kill. There's one thing that bullets can prevent, repeat rock throwing.

I just wanna clear something up when it comes to physically stoning someone.

stoningDM_468x406.jpg

Sure rocks can kill... but not even a close comparison. Unless you're suggesting the 15 year old kid buried a cop in the sand...

So please, let go of the "stoning by execution nonsense.

I think this is a reasonable force, since rocks could cause a risk of life to them. Plus ever heard of something called stoning? Aka Lapadation

Stoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia So yes throwing stones is a risk to the officers, so I think they reacted with the right move thought they could have just shot him in the leg in my own opinion.

Last edited:
That is for movies. Real Life you don't carry less then lethal equipment to deal with a group of people stupid enough to thrown stones at armed law enforcement officers. You throw rocks, you get shot. Simple, easy, safe for our people.

Less than lethal isn't "just for movies", and it's far better to use less than lethal weapons on a 15 year old throwing rocks than to kill him.

And I don't hate our boarder patrol agents, but I also don't hate young Mexican kids either. They shouldn't be throwing rocks at our guys, but there are better ways to take him down than to lethally shot him.

Just something to keep in mind if you are ever hiking in the woods. Its never a good idea to poke the bears....

Less than lethal isn't "just for movies", and it's far better to use less than lethal weapons on a 15 year old throwing rocks than to kill him.

And I don't hate our boarder patrol agents, but I also don't hate young Mexican kids either. They shouldn't be throwing rocks at our guys, but there are better ways to take him down than to lethally shot him.

The Agents were on bikes. The pedal powered kind. What should they bring with them? Hmmm? And it wasn't one "boy" throwing rocks, it was a group of 4 or more. You have the stance that the Agents should use a less then sure method, and further risk life and limb to... protect the life of someone trying to cause them harm.

Sorry, but you attempt to hurt/kill Law Enforcement, you earn a bullet.

Those who are stoned to death are rendered helpless and unable to defend themselves. Yes, it's a form of capital punishment, but one that the American officers were, in my opinion, more than able to avoid without shooting someone. The distance at which the rocks were thrown is apparently 10 meters (33 feet). Move back another 10 meters-- I don't care how good the person's arm is, it won't be easy to hit you. Easily avoided, nobody is dead.

Yes, it's a bit ridiculous to suddenly start throwing rocks at armed officers, but it is just as ridiculous for that armed officer to pull out a gun and shoot in retaliation. I realize that there is a problem at the borders, but shooting a 15-year-old kid won't fix it.

Riot Police use rubber bullets... bean bags... Tear gas... flash bangs... especially when people are throwing rocks.

I don't know if this guy over-reacted or not. There will be a use of lethal force review and they'll determine if it was warranted. It may have been. Let's wait and see.

No.

And why do you make ridiculous "why do you hate them" statements anytime someone raises a legitimate question. Rock throwing does not automatically justify lethal force, any dummy knows that.

I appreciate the boarder patrol and everything they do. For the most they conduct themselves in a professional manner.

Those who are stoned to death are rendered helpless and unable to defend themselves. Yes, it's a form of capital punishment, but one that the American officers were, in my opinion, more than able to avoid without shooting someone. The distance at which the rocks were thrown is apparently 10 meters (33 feet). Move back another 10 meters-- I don't care how good the person's arm is, it won't be easy to hit you. Easily avoided, nobody is dead.

Yes, it's a bit ridiculous to suddenly start throwing rocks at armed officers, but it is just as ridiculous for that armed officer to pull out a gun and shoot in retaliation. I realize that there is a problem at the borders, but shooting a 15-year-old kid won't fix it.

And if the rock throwers move forward? Should they run away rather then shoot?

No sorry, maybe next time some idiots think it would be a good idea to throw rocks, they'll think again. Or be removed from the gene pool as well.

The Agents were on bikes. The pedal powered kind. What should they bring with them? Hmmm? And it wasn't one "boy" throwing rocks, it was a group of 4 or more. You have the stance that the Agents should use a less then sure method, and further risk life and limb to... protect the life of someone trying to cause them harm.

Sorry, but you attempt to hurt/kill Law Enforcement, you earn a bullet.

Tear gas, bean bag round, taser all stuff you can carry on your person. They should of atleast tried a less than lethal method before shooting to kill. If they used their less than lethal methods, and the threat still existed, I have no problem with using lethal force. But they should not have gone straight to lethal force against someone who didn't have a firearm.

And if the rock throwers move forward? Should they run away rather then shoot?

No sorry, maybe next time some idiots think it would be a good idea to throw rocks, they'll think again. Or be removed from the gene pool as well.

Then they're forced to move forward into America, aren't they?

Why not shoot him with a non-lethal projectile, as the person above mentioned? Or in the leg, as opposed to the head? It would send the same message, without an unnecessary death.

I wonder what people on here would have said if a 15 year old american white kid threw stones at a Mexican Border patrol officer... and they had shot him.

Riot Police use rubber bullets... bean bags... Tear gas... flash bangs... especially when people are throwing rocks.

You should read the article first. This was a bike patrol, they don't really carry a lot of "Anti-idiot" gear with them.

I don't know if this guy over-reacted or not. There will be a use of lethal force review and they'll determine if it was warranted. It may have been. Let's wait and see.

T.J. Bonner, president of the union representing Border Patrol agents, said rock throwing aimed at Border Patrol agents are common and capable of causing serious injury.
"It is a deadly force encounter, one that justifies the use of deadly force," Bonner said.
Same source as above

No.

And why do you make ridiculous "why do you hate them" statements anytime someone raises a legitimate question. Rock throwing does not automatically justify lethal force, any dummy knows that.

I appreciate the boarder patrol and everything they do. For the most they conduct themselves in a professional manner.

I ask such in response to equally ridiculous comments like "They should have used less then lethal means", Yeah, cause Bike Patrols come loaded with all sorts of gear :roll:

The officer that fired his weapon in self-defense also acted professionally.

Tear gas, bean bag round, taser all stuff you can carry on your person. They should of atleast tried a less than lethal method before shooting to kill. If they used their less than lethal methods, and the threat still existed, I have no problem with using lethal force. But they should not have gone straight to lethal force against someone who didn't have a firearm.

Bike Patrols travel light.

Bean Bag rounds are for shotguns.

Tasers require getting in the range of the rocks.

You're just all upset a teen died. I'm not. He earned the bullet. If there was an error here it was that the officer missed. You aim for center mass, not head shots.

I wonder what people on here would have said if a 15 year old american white kid threw stones at a Mexican Border patrol officer... and they had shot him.

Stupid White kid, why would you try to enter Mexico illegally and throw rocks at cops??

Can tell what I would think. And it would not be sympathy for the kid....

Bollocks to Mr. V and Cole, you'd be all over that **** and you know it, Probably be calling for the invasion of Mexico. Or at the very least bombing it...

Back
Top Bottom