• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexican Gunmen Fire at Border Patrol Agents

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ANZALDUAS PARK - The FBI is investigating after armed men shot at border patrol agents on the Rio Grande.

A Border Patrol Spokesperson tells CHANNEL 5 NEWS agents chased a vehicle to the river's edge near Anzalduas Park this morning.

Mexican Gunmen Fire at Border Patrol Agents - KRGV CHANNEL 5 NEWS - The Rio Grande Valley's News Channel - Breaking News, Breaking Stories - RGV News

What's the democrat line? the border is safer than it has ever been? Yeah, sounds like it.

j-mac

What's new? They've been doing this for years. I consider it an act of war, but I guess corporate America is addicted to cheap foreign labor and the Democrats want to appease Latino voters.

What's new? They've been doing this for years. I consider it an act of war, but I guess corporate America is addicted to cheap foreign labor and the Democrats want to appease Latino voters.

Totally! We need to stock our borders with real troops, and live ammo, so the violence doesn't spill over.

j-mac

hmmm maybe if we didn't have this ridiculous war on marijuana it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

What's the democrat line? the border is safer than it has ever been? Yeah, sounds like it.

j-mac

I have no idea of the actual statistics of violence or crimes on the border and don't care to look them up right this minute, but I'm pretty sure that like most other things it's not a wise idea to take one instance of something and extrapolate it out to fit your narrative.

Just saying.

I have no idea of the actual statistics of violence or crimes on the border and don't care to look them up right this minute, but I'm pretty sure that like most other things it's not a wise idea to take one instance of something and extrapolate it out to fit your narrative.

Just saying.

This is a pretty standard day on the border, if you've been paying attention.

hmmm maybe if we didn't have this ridiculous war on marijuana it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Yeah. NORML would be so proud of you, parrotting the party line. The problem is that mexican drug cartels came into existence when the DEA closed down the columbia cartels' transit points for cocaine shipments. MJ has never been more than a sideline for them. They have a history of trafficking cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine. Do you think we should legalize those drugs, too? :roll:

My best friends son is a Border Patrol Agent that puts his ass on the line every damn day and when this crap happens the ACLU will often steps up to protest intolerance or some BS.

There are documented stories of Uniformed Mexican Military and Police personnel firing at our people.

I agree this would be an act of war except these acts are not sanctioned by the Mexican Government. They are done by corrupt members of those organizations who are under control of the drug cartels.

I would like to see Mexico's leadership to get off of Arizona's ass for trying to protect our citizens from illegal and ask for our military help to clean house. Sadly the Drug Cartels have more support and money than the Mexican Government.

Yeah. NORML would be so proud of you, parrotting the party line. The problem is that mexican drug cartels came into existence when the DEA closed down the columbia cartels' transit points for cocaine shipments. MJ has never been more than a sideline for them. They have a history of trafficking cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine. Do you think we should legalize those drugs, too? :roll:

I have no idea who that is, and I don't belong to a party.

Marijuana is the most used drug and clearly they didn't think this car load was small potatoes. Can you imagine if little old ladies could grow their own dope on their porch? How many lives would be spared? Prohibition of marijuana doesn't work and prohibition is needlessly dangerous to the lives of American citizens.

I have no idea who that is, and I don't belong to a party.

Marijuana is the most used drug and clearly they didn't think this car load was small potatoes. Can you imagine if little old ladies could grow their own dope on their porch? How many lives would be spared? Prohibition of marijuana doesn't work and prohibition is needlessly dangerous to the lives of American citizens.

:roll: Great argument, but it certainly wouldn't end our problems with Mexico. The cartels would still be smuggling other dangerous drugs and human beings. Why don't you take your drug legalization argument to a thread where it is relevant?

I'm so tired barking moonbats droning on and on about how legalizing mj will solve all of our problems with Mexico.

Yes, legalizing mj would be helpful in some ways, but it won't come close to resolving that morass of stupidity on our southern border.

Last edited:
:roll: Great argument, but it certainly wouldn't end our problems with Mexico. The cartels would still be smuggling other dangerous drugs and human beings. Why don't you take your drug legalization argument to a thread where it is relevant?

I'm so tired barking moonbats droning on and on about how legalizing mj will solve all of our problems with Mexico.

Yes, legalizing mj would be helpful in some ways, but it won't come close to resolving that morass of stupidity.

O'Grady: Texans Against the War on Drugs - WSJ.com

Texans Against the War on Drugs The resolutions offered by El Paso's city council to end prohibition are quashed by fear of retaliation by Washington.

In the national debate about the efficacy and morality of the U.S. war on drugs, it is not uncommon for prohibitionists to accuse their opponents of harboring libertine motives. But as opposition to current policy increases in places like this culturally conservative and predominantly Catholic border city, that charge isn't sticking.

j-mac
I predict that illegal immigration will be a major issue come November this year, and 2012. Clearly we are having trouble creating enough jobs for our own citizens, we shouldn't have to support the poor of OTHER countries...

Yes, legalizing mj would be helpful in some ways, but it won't come close to resolving that morass of stupidity on our southern border.

I know its so silly to worry about people being shot up. What a silly nilly I am.

I think its so funny. This is the only board that I go to where people make assumptions about the person they're debating with before knowing them or knowing anything about their position. Then create an argument on their behalf and then argue against the argument that they created. Its so smart, I am so impressed. I didn't even know what intelligence was until I saw this fascinating way of debating with someone. You're effing brilliant.

If the media would direct the same passion and attention to what is going on at our borders as they do about gay marriage, what Lyndsey Lohan did at the club last night or racism in the Tea Party the entire country would be outraged. We'd have a border fence up pronto and the flow of human traffic and drugs slowed considerably.

Back
Top Bottom