• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

texmaster

Hippie Hater
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.

The scouts are supplied by drivers who bring them food, water, batteries for radios -- all the items they need to stay in the wilderness for a long time.

Click here for more on this story from Adam Housley.

“To say that this area is out of control is an understatement," said an agent who patrols the area and asked not to be named. "We (federal border agents), as well as the Pima County Sheriff Office and the Bureau of Land Management, can attest to that.”

Much of the drug traffic originates in the Menagers Dam area, the Vekol Valley, Stanfield and around the Tohono O’odham Indian Reservation. It even follows a natural gas pipeline that runs from Mexico into Arizona.

In these areas, which are south and west of Tucson, sources said there are “cartel scouts galore” watching the movements of federal, state and local law enforcement, from the border all the way up to Interstate 8.

“Every night we’re getting beaten like a pinata at a birthday party by drug, alien smugglers," a second federal agent told Fox News by e-mail. "The danger is out there, with all the weapons being found coming northbound…. someone needs to know about this!”

FOXNews.com - Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

And Obama's focus is on suing Arizona for their attempt to stop the chaos.

Armed squads of Mexicans who get maps, GPS and intel from regional Mexican government officials and are willing to kill U.S LEOs and U.S. nationals.

I betcha, the BPs do not have the man power needed to deploy counter scout/ counter sniper guys in these mountains to bite back

Its major fail on part of the current admin

Yes. But it generally helps when the things the government is doing do not contradict each other.

How does suing the state government of Arizona over a potentially unconstitutional law conflict with enforcing the law against violent criminals? If the AZ law is unconstitutional it shouldn't be on the books, period. And it is the federal government's obligation to sue over it if necessary. It's not like the lawsuit is somehow depleting our ability to go after these drug cartels. I just don't see a contradiction.

And Obama's focus is on suing Arizona for their attempt to stop the chaos.

How would the immigration law in Arizona stop Mexican drug cartels from living and hiding in the desert? Are officials some how not able to arrest these men due to the lack of enforcing the law?

Last edited:
You want to know why your house is filled with ants? It's because you keep on pouring honey on the floor. You can use all the Raid you want, but the ants aren't gonna go away until you clean up the mess that's drawing them in.

How does suing the state government of Arizona over a potentially unconstitutional law conflict with enforcing the law against violent criminals? If the AZ law is unconstitutional it shouldn't be on the books, period. And it is the federal government's obligation to sue over it if necessary. It's not like the lawsuit is somehow depleting our ability to go after these drug cartels. I just don't see a contradiction.

If the AZ law is unconstitutional, then wouldn't the Federal law be as well? After all they look on face like carbon copies of each other.

j-mac

How would the immigration law in Arizona stop Mexican drug cartels from living and hiding in the desert? Are officials some how not able to arrest these men due to the lack of enforcing the law?

I'm saying the focus should actually be on securing the border not fighing a state law passed to protect the people.

I'm saying the focus should actually be on securing the border not fighing a state law passed to protect the people.

I think both can be done. I'm all for immigration law. I'm not for this profiling law. I don't want my niece and nephew (who are half Mexican) being interrogated by police for the sole fact that they are half Mexican. There is a definite need for strong laws and action against employers of illegal immigrants and the illegal immigrants themselves. What I don't want is a year long waiting period for immigrants to be able to enter this country. They should be able to quickly get a green card/work permit and enter the country and can then work for their citizenship while contributing to the country legally.

You want to know why your house is filled with ants? It's because you keep on pouring honey on the floor. You can use all the Raid you want, but the ants aren't gonna go away until you clean up the mess that's drawing them in.

How do we suppose we do that? Remove employment and entprenuial oppurtunites int he country for anyone below middle class? As long as the country the immigrants are coming from are worse off then America then they will keep coming, legally and illegally.

I think both can be done. I'm all for immigration law. I'm not for this profiling law.
Care to point out where in the Arizona law it permits or encourages "profiling"?

I think both can be done.

Obviously they can't because he isn't.

I'm all for immigration law. I'm not for this profiling law. I don't want my niece and nephew (who are half Mexican) being interrogated by police for the sole fact that they are half Mexican.

Sigh. Read the law. profiling is specifically prohibited.

Your fear is based on nothing in the law.

There is a definite need for strong laws and action against employers of illegal immigrants and the illegal immigrants themselves. What I don't want is a year long waiting period for immigrants to be able to enter this country. They should be able to quickly get a green card/work permit and enter the country and can then work for their citizenship while contributing to the country legally.

why in God's name should that be? What are you so eager about getting people in here faster than we can verify who they are?

Last edited:
I think what clearly needs to happen is military divisions deployed along the border along with the latest spy-drone technology to aid in ferreting out these lookouts and their suppliers.

Back
Top Bottom