• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

"She showed it to me..I was kind of disgusted..I reported it to the Sheriff's department yesterday..they said they were going to direct the threat squad on it."

Obama will probably remain completely quiet on this. Of course, the sherrif is a Republican, so who can blame him.

A huge part of this illegal immigration law in AZ is designed to stop the massive amounts of drug trafficking that is being ignored from coming across their borders.

Just another bullet in the chamber of what is going to be a helluva fight in the coming days. And as always, the liberals are on the wrong side, this time aiding and abetting the types that make threats like this.

That's probably the best news scumbag sympathizers have heard.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

FOXNews.com - Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts Price on Ariz. Sheriff's Head
Our friendly neighbors to the south seem to be involved in some heavy handed lobbying on behalf of their illegal compatriots and business interestest to the Norte.

That's frightening. I hope they can trace the source through the international phone number. It would appear the Mexican drug cartel may be upping the ante. That would most likely be a very big mistake.

"Never poke a sleeping bear."

Its physically, the sheriff's head. To earn the million, the sheriff's head must be chopped off and sent to the cartel

Its physically, the sheriff's head. To earn the million, the sheriff's head must be chopped off and sent to the cartel

I don't think that'd be any problem if it's true or, the greater tragedy, if it's NOT true, but someone does it anyway. Ever hear of the Columbian Necktie?

A Colombian necktie is a method of execution where the victim's throat is slashed (with a knife or other sharp object) and their tongue is pulled out through the open wound. It was a frequent method of killing during the Colombian history period called La Violencia that started in 1948 after the leader Jorge Eliecer Gaitan was murdered.

I don't think that'd be any problem if it's true or, the greater tragedy, if it's NOT true, but someone does it anyway. Ever hear of the Columbian Necktie?

Yes, I'm very familiar with that of type of necktie.

The issue here is that, the cartel with up the stakes (1m to 2m to 3m, etc, etc) until they get results

Hell, even the sheriff's friends or family may be tempted to do the deed

Yes, I'm very familiar with that of type of necktie.

The issue here is that, the cartel with up the stakes (1m to 2m to 3m, etc, etc) until they get results

Hell, even the sheriff's friends or family may be tempted to do the deed

If this can be traced back to the cartels and anything happens to this man, they may well have brought the wrath of God down on them. If the U.S. wakes up and decides to devote real resources to solving this problem, these cartels will be swatted like a mosquito on an elephant. Personally, I kind of doubt they are involved. It would be SUCH a stupid thing to do.

If this can be traced back to the cartels and anything happens to this man, they may well have brought the wrath of God down on them. If the U.S. wakes up and decides to devote real resources to solving this problem, these cartels will be swatted like a mosquito on an elephant. Personally, I kind of doubt they are involved. It would be SUCH a stupid thing to do.

The Cartels knows it's safe till 2012. Right now, if someone... does the deed, the OBama Admin might sue the Arizona PD for investigating the issue... afterall, that might result in "racial profiling".

The Cartels knows it's safe till 2012. Right now, if someone... does the deed, the OBama Admin might sue the Arizona PD for investigating the issue... afterall, that might result in "racial profiling".

Yes like 2012 would change anything. The US government had the Clinton admin to seal the boarder, it had the Bush admin to seal the boarder and deal with mexican drug cartels, it will have the Obama admin to do the same, and it will have the next admin to do the same.

Nothing will get done because business likes cheap labour, and Americans like their drugs

. Personally, I kind of doubt they are involved. It would be SUCH a stupid thing to do.

The Cartels putting, the hit out on an American who becomes a "pain in the ass" isn't anything new. The sheriff is in a tight spot. He's pissed off both sides of the political arena (Cartel and WH)

Yes like 2012 would change anything. The US government had the Clinton admin to seal the boarder, it had the Bush admin to seal the boarder and deal with mexican drug cartels, it will have the Obama admin to do the same, and it will have the next admin to do the same.

Nothing will get done because business likes cheap labour, and Americans like their drugs

Yeah, that's it! It's a conspiracy between three presidents to keep the slave laborers coming across the border and keeping American supplied with drugs.

Doing the right thing often carries a price.

...and it deserves the support of your leadership.

It's like the Arizona governor said, the enemy of Arizona is now the federal government. How sad is that?

The Cartels putting, the hit out on an American who becomes a "pain in the ass" isn't anything new. The sheriff is in a tight spot. He's pissed off both sides of the political arena (Cartel and WH)

It might not be new, but few Americano's hear about it. Now that we have a president hostile to our own laws, and hostile to the state, this is yet another log on the illegal alien fire. Death threats to public officials by foreign criminal enterprises doesn't go down well with most.

People might have been more tolerant when 20 million illegals had work, but considering Obi has only made the unemployment matters worse, has made the business climate unpredicateble, people are finally starting to realize these 20 million are costing taxpayers not only jobs, but sucking up services to the tune of billions.

Last edited:

Obama will probably remain completely quiet on this. Of course, the sherrif is a Republican, so who can blame him.

A huge part of this illegal immigration law in AZ is designed to stop the massive amounts of drug trafficking that is being ignored from coming across their borders.

Just another bullet in the chamber of what is going to be a helluva fight in the coming days. And as always, the liberals are on the wrong side, this time aiding and abetting the types that make threats like this.

I think its really unfortunate and should be responded to with appropriate force. However, I can't say I am surprised that his show boating antics have brought this on him. :shrug:

Arpaio should do the same, offer $1M for a cartel head.

Arpaio should do the same, offer $1M for a cartel head.

I've long said that we should be sending special ops and tactical air strikes into cartel territories to take them out every time a new one comes up.

You guys realize that the cartels have been making death threats against political, military, and law enforcement leaders for decades, right? They've killed soldiers, police officers, police chiefs, judges, prosecutors and mayors.

Why the sudden concern and shock?

http://www.kvoa.com/news/drug-cartels-threaten-nogales-police-deptartment/

La Familia cartel kills 12 federal agents in Mexico drug war attack - Times Online

Mexico prez: cartels show no 'limits or scruples'

Did you know that 25,000 people, most of them Mexicans, have already been killed in this war?

Were you just not paying attention?

Last edited:
You guys realize that the cartels have been making death threats against political, military, and law enforcement leaders for decades, right? They've killed soldiers, police officers, police chiefs, judges, prosecutors and mayors.

Why the sudden concern and shock?

KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona Drug cartels threaten Nogales Police Deptartment

La Familia cartel kills 12 federal agents in Mexico drug war attack - Times Online

Mexico prez: cartels show no 'limits or scruples'

Did you know that 25,000 people, most of them Mexicans, have already been killed in this war?

Were you just not paying attention?

I dont really care about mexican causalties on their side of the border. What I do care about is US citizens, even those as detestable as Sheriff Joe, being threatened from across their border.

I dont really care about mexican causalties on their side of the border. What I do care about is US citizens, even those as detestable as Sheriff Joe, being threatened from across their border.

I think her point was that this isn't anything new or unheard of. If I had to guess the reason why we are talking about this story is because Sheriff Joe is a well known person to most of us. But I do agree that if the Cartel comes here to the U.S. and kills an American we should do something back.

The problem is that Sheriff Joe isn't an isolated incident. This **** has been happening for years.

The Cartels have already carried out executions in the U.S.

But, I suppose it's nice that Sheriff Joe's name value means that people are finally paying attention. After all, if it's some no-name prosecutor from Nogales, that hardly holds the same cachet.

Last edited:
...and it deserves the support of your leadership.

It's like the Arizona governor said, the enemy of Arizona is now the federal government. How sad is that?

God, you all are such drama queens. The enemy of Arizona is stupidity, lack of common sense, and the inability to sit down at a table the discuss solutions with people who have different ideas until - combined - a solution is provided.

Deportations are up under Obama: Illegal immigrant deportations up under Obama | obama, illegal, data - News - The Orange County Register

There are more border agents on the ground under Obama: PolitiFact | U.S. has more border patrol agents on the border with Mexico than ever, but debate goes on

And he's trying to get more there: TriValley Central

Has he solved the problem? No. But neither has everyone's crazy favorite governor. SB1070 is nothing but a band-aid that is driving illegal AND legal immigrants out of the state (into other states) and is already starting to have negative economic impacts. The (unintended?) flipside of SB1070 :: WRAL.com Sure, illegals cost money - but what some people forgot, is that they spend money, too.

NOW - I'll let you all get back to the actual point of the thread.

God, you all are such drama queens. The enemy of Arizona is stupidity, lack of common sense, and the inability to sit down at a table the discuss solutions with people who have different ideas until - combined - a solution is provided.

Deportations are up under Obama: Illegal immigrant deportations up under Obama | obama, illegal, data - News - The Orange County Register

There are more border agents on the ground under Obama: PolitiFact | U.S. has more border patrol agents on the border with Mexico than ever, but debate goes on

And he's trying to get more there: TriValley Central

Has he solved the problem? No. But neither has everyone's crazy favorite governor. SB1070 is nothing but a band-aid that is driving illegal AND legal immigrants out of the state (into other states) and is already starting to have negative economic impacts. The (unintended?) flipside of SB1070 :: WRAL.com Sure, illegals cost money - but what some people forgot, is that they spend money, too.

NOW - I'll let you all get back to the actual point of the thread.

You really don't get any of this.

It's simply about trying to stop the flow of illegals into the country. I realize this is intended to be a valuable Democratic voting bloc once that amnesty kicks in, but you aren't getting them in the voting booths without a fight, compadre.

Back
Top Bottom