• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexican Army engages Gulf Cartel(Video provided)

Gray_Fox_86

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This is a video that happened earlier in the year. Basically the Gulf Cartel's leader was captured so they sent a convoy of soldiers to try and free him. You can see the convoy leaving after seven minutes of battle. Turn up the volume!

"Your silence gives consent" (assuming that you are referring to the above video when you say that and not the non-sense that is shown below it) I love it. Why am i the only one posting on this? I was really quite surprised when I saw how little there was on Debate Politics about the Mexican Drug War. i can not understand how we here in America can be so quaintly concerned with this war. As shown in your video Grey_Fox_86 this is a serious and legitimate conflict. We have so many times jumped into lesser skirmishes in much more remote parts of the world. We're talking 28,000 dead since the beginning of this campaign. That is about four time the number of troops which have been lost in Iraq and Afghanistan combined! We need to tighten our policy. I'll be you didn't know that we are supplying the weapons. That is right. the majority of the firearms wielded against the Mexican Army and Police come straight over the border. We must take action now. Stop doing Coke America!

"Your silence gives consent" (assuming that you are referring to the above video when you say that and not the non-sense that is shown below it) I love it. Why am i the only one posting on this? I was really quite surprised when I saw how little there was on Debate Politics about the Mexican Drug War. i can not understand how we here in America can be so quaintly concerned with this war. As shown in your video Grey_Fox_86 this is a serious and legitimate conflict. We have so many times jumped into lesser skirmishes in much more remote parts of the world. We're talking 28,000 dead since the beginning of this campaign. That is about four time the number of troops which have been lost in Iraq and Afghanistan combined! We need to tighten our policy. I'll be you didn't know that we are supplying the weapons. That is right. the majority of the firearms wielded against the Mexican Army and Police come straight over the border. We must take action now. Stop doing Coke America!
Because we only care about Mexico when they're sending us cheap labor, cheap consumer goods, or spending money to fix our immigration problem for us.

Does this not bother anyone? Is this just OK? I think it necessary to consider the consequences. Aside from the widespread loss of life, which is apparently not of concern to us, there is the possibility of Mexico slipping from the theoretical democratic state into something much less. By this I mean anarchy, a chaotic splatter the likes of which have really never been seen in North America. Do we want Mexico to look like Somalia or the Sudan? Can we afford to take this risk? With troops already spread thin across the globe, and the most recent developments on the Korean Peninsula I think not. We are still early enough to quell the flames, and if we don't we will face again a super power's worst nightmare: Blow Back. Do we really want to have to again ask "why do they hate our freedoms?"

Back
Top Bottom