• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

#MeToo Killing Women?

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Bystanders less likely to give CPR to women: Respondents said bystanders may worry about hurting a woman while doing CPR chest compressions — or fear being accused of sexual assault.

Jeez. Don't worry, guys. People who perform CPR in an emergency are protected from liability.

I don't think many people would confuse CPR with sexual assault, anyway.

Anyone that 'knows' how to give CPR correctly, in other words, goes thru certification...knows that's total bull****.

THis is just more BS but if ignorant people choose to give CPR without knowing how to do it correctly, they possibly open themselves up to more problems than sexual harassment. Good Sam laws may cover them, but not all places have those.

Who can forget the case of that little boy who pretended to drown to assault an innocent lifeguard just doing her job??

So apparently the expirement confirms what many first responders notice in the real world: that women are less likely to receive CPR from bystanders than men.

I don’t think it is that they are worried about being accused of sexual assault, it is just they are uneasy about it. I noticed this last weekend when my youngest’s Cub Scout Troop went camping. Most the kids’ parents go too so there were a whole mix of us adult men and women there. On the hike we did there were a lot of small rock climbs involved. And we were all helping each other up and over. Every time a man went to help a woman it was a LOT of hesitation in when to grab and where to grab. That kind of stuff was the case long before MeToo. It comes from a place of respect, but in SOME situations it can be counter productive or even dangerous.

That sounds like a bunch of paranoid crap.
When you have incidents like the Duke Lacrosse case, it's easy to get paranoid.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Jeez. Don't worry, guys. People who perform CPR in an emergency are protected from liability.

I don't think many people would confuse CPR with sexual assault, anyway.

If I knew that someone needed CPR and I knew they were a leftist, I woudn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom