• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meth Makes a Comeback

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Thanks to Mexican superlabs...

Salter said in 2012, the DEA was buying meth undercover off the streets for $1,100 an ounce. Today, his agents are regularly getting ounces for just $250 to $450.

"That's as cheap as I have ever seen methamphetamine my entire career," he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/health/meth-overdoses-increase-oklahoma-mexico-superlabs/index.html

I thought Trump was going to fix this. Looks to me like he made it worse.

Making Meth Great Again!

...while much of America is focused on combating the devastating impacts of opioid addiction, some states like Oklahoma are struggling to fight a new battle against an old foe.

Making Meth Great Again!

Ridiculous. Meth has never left, still the Queen of bathtub highs as it's been since the first days of prohibition. Nothing to do with Trump or any other president. Meth is pervasive and everywhere you see people with no teeth who look malnourished, with skin problems. You've been baited and suckered.

Old news repeated again. And it barely touches on the venue or size of the problem.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...oin-addiction-pregnancy-addiction/1288964002/

Drugs won't be stopped by a stupid wall. It's not like people are carrying tons of meth on their backs. :roll:

Don't even need a ladder. Just a cheap drone in a desolate part of the border.

Ridiculous. Meth has never left, still the Queen of bathtub highs as it's been since the first days of prohibition. Nothing to do with Trump or any other president. Meth is pervasive and everywhere you see people with no teeth who look malnourished, with skin problems. You've been baited and suckered.

Old news repeated again. And it barely touches on the venue or size of the problem.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...oin-addiction-pregnancy-addiction/1288964002/

Faces of meth.

The price of the drug falling by 60% in 6 years is not a good thing. And, that is new.

Faces of meth.

The chemicals they show in the op:

180919223942-meth-shake-and-bake-file-super-169.jpg

Question I have: Who in their right mind?

The chemicals they show in the op:

180919223942-meth-shake-and-bake-file-super-169.jpg

Question I have: Who in their right mind?

Doomsday bunker building right wing loons in Appalachia squatting on 10 acres with their gun collection look at that ****ing mess and say to themselves, "You know what? I'm not near paranoid enough. Gimme some of that!"

Last edited:
Don't even need a ladder. Just a cheap drone in a desolate part of the border.

Also, the cartels are working with the Indian tribes. They provide cover and let them transit the reservation, in exchange for not selling on the Rez. The problems is some cartel members are making side money selling on the Rez. Each tribe sets their own rules, within limits. But as a practical point, the government has a difficult time setting up surveillance and capture of cartel muels on the Rez.

You don't hear enough about this because it's hard to get anyone on record. So there is that.

Also, the cartels are working with the Indian tribes. They provide cover and let them transit the reservation, in exchange for not selling on the Rez. The problems is some cartel members are making side money selling on the Rez. Each tribe sets their own rules, within limits. But as a practical point, the government has a difficult time setting up surveillance and capture of cartel muels on the Rez.

You don't hear enough about this because it's hard to get anyone on record. So there is that.

This is true.

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4079999/indian-reservations-have-become-highways-for-drug-cartels/

The price of the drug falling by 60% in 6 years is not a good thing. And, that is new.

Please. Meth is so prevalent, price was never an issue.

Heroin on the other hand has hit unbelievable purity levels and at the price of meth, coming straight from Afghanistan and former Russian republics in the east.

I've met old people, really old people, passing the names of dealers because heroin is cheaper than the prescriptive opioids, and more effective. People who never did drugs or drank alcohol in their youths. An 81 year old woman tells me her dealer delivers, a $10 lid cut down by her lasts two weeks. The drugstore charges her a copay of $80 for a script she has to refill every 7 days and she must go pick it up. She made her connection at the local senior citizens center 3 years ago.

Please. Meth is so prevalent, price was never an issue.

Heroin on the other hand has hit unbelievable purity levels and at the price of meth, coming straight from Afghanistan and former Russian republics in the east.

I've met old people, really old people, passing the names of dealers because heroin is cheaper than the prescriptive opioids, and more effective. People who never did drugs or drank alcohol in their youths. An 81 year old woman tells me her dealer delivers, a $10 lid cut down by her lasts two weeks. The drugstore charges her a copay of $80 for a script she has to refill every 7 days and she must go pick it up. She made her connection at the local senior citizens center 3 years ago.

That is so very sad.

These drug threads always depress me. I sort of wish I did not stumble across that article in the op.

I empathize. Part of the problem, drugs tend to be seductive.

Making Meth Great Again!

Looks like Sarah Palin's son has a job now.

When there are thousands of mules......

:roll:

Will a border wall stop drugs from coming into the United States?

Several experts cast doubt on the wall’s potential effect. They noted that much of the illegal drugs coming into the United States arrive through legal ports of entry and that smugglers also use other tools that a wall wouldn’t stop...

"Traffickers have been very innovative in finding strategies to circumvent existing walls and border control thus far, and more of the same strategy (i.e. more of a wall) doesn't offer much promise as a successful strategy," said Rosalie Pacula, co-director of the RAND Drug Policy Research Center.

...The commission did not list a border wall in its recommendations for fighting the drug epidemic.

No wall will stop any drugs.

You're welcome.

Sea mines and attack subs are needed...:lol:

59b997f59803c51e008b597b-960-720.jpg

As for getting into the US....

This might give us a clue.

104310021-GettyImages-141241267.530x298.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom