• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meteorologists face unprecedented harassment from conspiracy theorists

Recall according to AOC the planet only has six years left. Remember when it was only religious fanatics who constantly predicted the end of the world?

Recall according to AOC the planet only has six years left. Remember when it was only religious fanatics who constantly predicted the end of the world?
This is a decent attempt at deflection. You strung together at least two unrelated deflections to improve the chances of one sticking, and you also demonized the Other while simultaneously doing a victimhood gig. Well done. The only things keeping it from a textbook Kellyanne Conway-class deflection are the absence of a third deflection and the failure to crib some words from the OP as a jumping off point.

Still, I give it a solid B and wish you and your deflection the best.

This is a decent attempt at deflection. You strung together at least two unrelated deflections to improve the chances of one sticking, and you also demonized the Other while simultaneously doing a victimhood gig. Well done. The only things keeping it from a textbook Kellyanne Conway-class deflection are the absence of a third deflection and the failure to crib some words from the OP as a jumping off point.

Actually I just stated two facts. People can take it whatever way they want.

Actually I just stated two facts. People can take it whatever way they want.
Actually you attempted a deflection. It was a good one too. Unfortunately now you’re replying with this “oh, just stating some stuff” which is akin to walking away from the deflection when instead you should have actively doubled down on it. A successful deflection often takes 5 to 10 dedicated follow-ups before the thread is derailed and you’ve successfully gotten people talking about anything other than harassment of meteorologists.

WHAT THE HELL does AOC have to do with the harrassment of Meteorologists?? Oh, that's right - nothing!

What is it with our Righties? They can't stay on topic without putting up a soapbox to vent their frustrations?

What is it with our Righties? They can't stay on topic without putting up a soapbox to vent their frustrations?
MAGAs are expected to deflect unwanted attention away from sensitive topics so I won’t hold that against them. I just wish they held themselves to a higher standard when doing so. Do they not realize what is on the line? Right-wing conspiracy theorists are at risk of being exposed in a thread like this. @DrewPaul has a responsibility to provide active, effective cover for them. If he hasn’t the courage to defend them, then the least he can do is deflect with both quality and consistency.

I like my conspiracy theory. A lot of people are saying that, believe me.

I like my conspiracy theory. A lot of people are saying that, believe me.

For it to be really good...Trump has to be involved somehow.

These guys are actually loving it. People actually care and get excited about climate. If nobody cared they wouldn't even have a job.

Actually you attempted a deflection. It was a good one too. Unfortunately now you’re replying with this “oh, just stating some stuff” which is akin to walking away from the deflection when instead you should have actively doubled down on it. A successful deflection often takes 5 to 10 dedicated follow-ups before the thread is derailed and you’ve successfully gotten people talking about anything other than harassment of meteorologists.
I don't harass meteorologists I don't know anyone who does and I suspect you don't either. You'll probably label this a deflection, however what they list as harassment is the same type of harassment many high profile types on the left or the right endure daily. Its regrettably become a way of life. There is a nexus to statements like AOC made. Do you think we have 6 years left?

I don't harass meteorologists I don't know anyone who does and I suspect you don't either. You'll probably label this a deflection, however what they list as harassment is the same type of harassment many high profile types on the left or the right endure daily. Its regrettably become a way of life. There is a nexus to statements like AOC made. Do you think we have 6 years left?
THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITHG AOC. If you have the hots for her, call her office, see if she will agree to meet with you.

THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITHG AOC. If you have the hots for her, call her office, see if she will agree to meet with you.
I have the hots for you snowflake...can we meet sometime?

The Luddites were members of a 19th-century movement of English textile workers which opposed the use of certain types of cost-saving machinery, often by destroying the machines in clandestine raids. They protested against manufacturers who used machines in "a fraudulent and deceitful manner" to replace the skilled labour of workers and drive down wages by producing inferior goods.[1][2] Members of the group referred to themselves as Luddites, self-described followers of "Ned Ludd", a legendary weaver whose name was used as a pseudonym in threatening letters to mill owners and government officials.[3]

I wonder how many of them are flat earthers.
e56ee01685cc147e82f77fbbddb10d79.jpg

I dont want to live on this planet anymore x.x

They are trolls. They want you to go off topic.

Back
Top Bottom