• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Metal Band Had Army of Fake Fans...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
What more could we ask for in a world of fake news...a fake band of course...:2razz:

The musician known as Jered Threatin definitely gets points for ambition and creativity. But that likely isn't endearing him, nor his heavy metal band Threatin, to venue managers in the UK, where the California group kicked off a tour promising loads of headbangers and delivering—well, in the case of one concert site, a grand total of four fans. The Telegraph reports on what appears to be an elaborate scheme on Threatin's part, involving fishy social-media likes, allegedly fake industry contacts on the band's website, accusations of doctored concert videos, and even now-deleted YouTube videos of Jered Threatin interviewing … himself. "Essentially, the entire history of Threatin is a lie," writes one band that opened for the group. The member of another band noted: "In all the years I've been involved in music, I've never known anything like this."

The UK tour, which Alternative Press reports began Nov. 1, immediately raised suspicions when, despite Threatin's promises of advance ticket sales, very few people showed; sometimes it was just the opening bands (part of a Nov. 7 concert at a Manchester location can be seen on YouTube). Still, per the BBC, one review described a Threatin performance as "energetic, despite the empty room," with "very good" session musicians. At least two of those musicians—a bassist and drummer—have since quit, and a Sunday show in Belfast was nixed. "It's a really extreme version of 'fake it till you make it,'" one venue manager tells the Telegraph. The Guardian, meanwhile, calls it "a tale of our times—a fake band belonging to this era of fake news and sinister online maneuvers." No word yet from Threatin himself. (A rocker allegedly defrauded 100,000 people.)

Heavy Metal Band Threatin Had Army of Fake Fans, Scammed Its Way Into UK Tour

The lady in the front is like "we're so proud of our boys!".

They road to the show in this.

18nd7tbenr3z8jpg.jpg

:lol: Poor bastard.

Needed better marketing. And more fans.
I feel like I need to take a crap after listening to that bore.

God damn.

Actually they're not half bad...too bad they felt they had to be deceitful in order to make it...

The musician known as Jered Threatin definitely gets points for ambition and creativity. But that likely isn't endearing him, nor his heavy metal band Threatin, to venue managers in the UK, where the California group kicked off a tour promising loads of headbangers and delivering—well, in the case of one concert site, a grand total of four fans. The Telegraph reports on what appears to be an elaborate scheme on Threatin's part, involving fishy social-media likes, allegedly fake industry contacts on the band's website, accusations of doctored concert videos, and even now-deleted YouTube videos of Jered Threatin interviewing … himself. "Essentially, the entire history of Threatin is a lie," writes one band that opened for the group. The member of another band noted: "In all the years I've been involved in music, I've never known anything like this."

The UK tour, which Alternative Press reports began Nov. 1, immediately raised suspicions when, despite Threatin's promises of advance ticket sales, very few people showed; sometimes it was just the opening bands (part of a Nov. 7 concert at a Manchester location can be seen on YouTube). Still, per the BBC, one review described a Threatin performance as "energetic, despite the empty room," with "very good" session musicians. At least two of those musicians—a bassist and drummer—have since quit, and a Sunday show in Belfast was nixed. "It's a really extreme version of 'fake it till you make it,'" one venue manager tells the Telegraph. The Guardian, meanwhile, calls it "a tale of our times—a fake band belonging to this era of fake news and sinister online maneuvers." No word yet from Threatin himself. (A rocker allegedly defrauded 100,000 people.)

Superb!

Rock and Roll is why lying and hyping it untill you make it belong!

I want to see the band!

:lol: Poor bastard.

Needed better marketing. And more fans.

World wide coverage and fame without completing a single tour???

Does not get better than that!

Probably not even signed and now can make a fantasic deal with many a lable!

Back
Top Bottom