• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Messing with package thieves

Maybe that is the best we can do, instead of running to the store you run to a "Secure pick up point".

Shopping like travel used to be an experience, something to be looked forward too, now it is a chore that adds little quality to our lives.

Feels like more of civilization going in reverse.

YOu think everything new is bad. It is a hell of a lot more convenient, and there is a lot more selection.

I honestly don't get how these US companies operate.
How can you have a delivery service that does not obtain proof of delivery, by having the customer sign off in some way?
Why would any customer of questionable morals ever abstain from cancelling payment, claiming non-delivery? And why would any ditto delivery personnel abstain from stealing the best packages?

Because basically they claim as soon as they leave it on your doorstep, it is not their liability anymore. The problem is that these packages are usually delivered during the day when most people are at work, there is no one to sign for them.

YOu think everything new is bad. It is a hell of a lot more convenient, and there is a lot more selection.

Sounds like there is a lot more criminal activity....which is not OK....we need a solution for that.

Maybe we will need to wait for our budding police state to get more robust.

I honestly don't get how these US companies operate.
How can you have a delivery service that does not obtain proof of delivery, by having the customer sign off in some way?
Why would any customer of questionable morals ever abstain from cancelling payment, claiming non-delivery? And why would any ditto delivery personnel abstain from stealing the best packages?

Thankfully, it is because the majority of people are still honest and honorable people who do what is right.
I take solace in this fact.

Did you hear of the story where over $300,000 in cash spilled out over the New jersey Turnpike a few days ago?
One person returned $12,000 of it.

Thankfully, it is because the majority of people are still honest and honorable people who do what is right.
I take solace in this fact.

Did you hear of the story where over $300,000 in cash spilled out over the New jersey Turnpike a few days ago?
One person returned $12,000 of it.

I guess so. Just doesn't seem very logical to me.
Obviously there are different standards for different businesses. A paper boy isn't quite the same as a food delivery service, which isn't quite the same as a parcel service.
But not getting your paper or the cocktail tomatoes you ordered is also somewhat different than not having any procedure for determining where in the delivery chain a thousand dollar item disappeared.

I guess so. Just doesn't seem very logical to me.
Obviously there are different standards for different businesses. A paper boy isn't quite the same as a food delivery service, which isn't quite the same as a parcel service.
But not getting your paper or the cocktail tomatoes you ordered is also somewhat different than not having any procedure for determining where in the delivery chain a thousand dollar item disappeared.

Very true. You make a good point HK227.
I am just happy most people are generally honest.

One a side note I just finished my 2227th Spider Solitaire game before I logged on and your post was the first quote I saw.
Strange huh?

Back
Top Bottom