• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meryl Streep Quietly Shreds the King of Self Importance

Seemed somewhat hateful.
Not aware of where those red herrings originated. Has Trump spoken out against Canadians and others in this country legally? I thought that he hired lots of foreign workers. And I did not know that Hollywood, or at least Streep, had such a persecution complex. How could an entire industry which relies on so many tax breaks as well as the financial support of millions of people, many of whom voted for Trump, be despised?

When Hugh Laurie said it first it hit me fast.

Trump never said he want foreigners out. Trump has never said anything about Hollywood. Trump has commented on the press, but it is well deserved and self inflicted.

Not what was that organization she was talking about where the press has to call out Trump on each and every slip up, or something like that?

It's not true at all.

Trump uses that "arms flailing" gesture whenever he's talking about anyone who backtracks on comments he's made and then flails around claiming to not remember his initial comments.

But not nearly as specific and exaggerated in the case with the reporter. You can try and rationize simple reality all you'd like, but I'm not interested.
He's used it when talking about Ted Cruz, he's used it, at the very same rally at which he's been accused of mocking Kovaleski, when discussing an Army general who was making flustered, flailing comments in a media interview discussing ISIS.

I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that Trump uses MANY exaggerated hand gestures.

More rationalization. I seen the footage of those incidents and they're simply not the same. Not even close.
This is just another one of them.

Nope.
It has nothing to do with Kovaleski's disability, but rather the fact that Kovaleski was backtracking on his own reporting which supported Trump's claim that Muslims in Jersey City, NJ were celebrating the destruction in Manhattan on 9/11.

It has everything to do withi his disablity. His movements were far too specific to indicate anything else.
The allegation that Trump was mocking Kovaleski is just left-wing media spin intended to distract from the fact that both the Washington Post and the local NY/NJ CBS affiliate corroborated Trump's claim that Muslims in Jersey City were in fact seen celebrating the 9/11 attacks.

Wrong. It's not left wing or right wing or 'spin' of any kind. The only spin here is by the terminally deluded who have to pretent that Trump was doing something other than what the video shows.
Unfortunately many people are uninformed sheep who allow themselves to be led around by the nose by a media that was clearly in the bag for Hillary Clinton.

Fortunately, enough people saw through the smoke screen that we haven't been saddled with that idiot, or another 4 years of left wing dumbassedness.

Totally irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Thanks for trying.

The whole thing is silly, but Trump was right about one thing - Meryl Streep is one of the most over rated actresses out there.

the funny thing-those who care what she says are almost invariably those who voted for Hillary while those of us who voted for Trump couldn't give a damn what a hollywood actress says about a topic where her perspective is so far removed from reality that it matters not

Like I said in the other thread. It doesn't matter what Meryl Streep says or does. It does matter what Trump says or does. Trump should recognize that it doesn't matter what Streep says, but he can't. He's blathering his mouth on twitter about it, of course.

I don't really care what Meryl Streep says or does, outside of when I'm trying to enjoy a movie she is in. She doesn't represent our country.

I do care what Donald Trump says or does, because he does represent our country. He did mock a disabled person, but he also shows here what a thin skin he has to criticism from citizens in general.

If someone is gonna make a fuss about Meryl Streep's quotes, a person who doesn't have a say in running our country, then maybe they need a safe space?

no he didn't. he did the same thing to Cruz. The reporter's disability caused a paralysis in the hand, not uncontrolled waiving of that body part.

The videos show otherwise. What he did to Cruz is visibly not the same thing as he did to the reporter, and he's clearly shown movingg his hand/arm in a manner/position very close to how the reporter does.

This is you being dishonest. He did not mock the reporters disability.

I'm simply not interested in helping you accept reality, just here to point out that you are wrong and being dishonest.

One more vivid example of what cult behavior looks like. ^

Were you shaking your head up and down agreeing with her like the bobble heads in the audience were last night?

Making it up as you go, the first rule of Trumpism? If he said he and the earth don't revolve around the sun, the sun revolves around him, would you bobble? Look again.
The "bobble heads", as you call them, don't move. The audience listened in somber respect.

no he didn't. he did the same thing to Cruz. The reporter's disability caused a paralysis in the hand, not uncontrolled waiving of that body part.

Your assuming bullies care about accuracy. My younger brother has cerebral palsy. He doesn't spasm and his hands are fine. And yet most bullies who made fun of him as a kid, and the occasional adult now, would give a very similar performance to Trump. It is a performance I am way too familiar with.

The videos show otherwise. What he did to Cruz is visibly not the same thing as he did to the reporter, and he's clearly shown movingg his hand/arm in a manner/position very close to how the reporter does.

I watched the videos and its obvious that he was not trying to ape the reporter's disability. in the course of MOVING his arm, a STILL photograph could be MISINTERPRETED as being similar to the FROZEN position the reporter's arm is normally in, but MOVEMENT is the polar opposite of what that reporter's disability does to the reporter's arm

It has everything to do withi his disablity. His movements were far too specific to indicate anything else.

If Trump were familiar enough with Kovaleski's disability to "specifically" mock it, as you allege, he would know that Kovaleski does not flail his arms around at all, especially not the disabled arm which is essentially stationary.

But you're gonna believe whatever harebrained nonsense you wanna believe so feel free to go on doing it.

I watched the videos and its obvious that he was not trying to ape the reporter's disability. in the course of MOVING his arm, a STILL photograph could be MISINTERPRETED as being similar to the FROZEN position the reporter's arm is normally in, but MOVEMENT is the polar opposite of what that reporter's disability does to the reporter's arm

We'll just have to agree to disagree, in that case. It's screamingly obvious to me that he was, indeed, mocking him by using his disability as a prop.

Then they all have a fit because he'll respond....

Smug liberal elitism at it's hypocritical best.

Did the right not have fits about Obama? Is the hypocrisy limited to the left?

Pointing fingers...pretty much all we do these days.

Your assuming bullies care about accuracy. My younger brother has cerebral palsy. He doesn't spasm and his hands are fine. And yet most bullies who made fun of him as a kid, and the occasional adult now, would give a very similar performance to Trump. It is a performance I am way too familiar with.

Well what matters is the intent of Trump, not the way Trump haters pretended he intended like that idiot mother who has an autistic child who said Trump was hateful towards autistics which was complete Hillary campaign fecal material

Did the right not have fits about Obama? Is the hypocrisy limited to the left?

Pointing fingers...pretty much all we do these days.

I'm not following you here. person a says person b is bad, person b says person a is "overated" person a is offended, and upset that person b would dare reply to person a's comment. We see a lot of that today. this is wha I was talking about.

We'll just have to agree to disagree, in that case. It's screamingly obvious to me that he was, indeed, mocking him by using his disability as a prop.

Fair enough and if paralysis is the symptom of the disability, movement is not a very good way to mock it

I'm not following you here. person a says person b is bad, person b says person a is "overated" person a is offended, and upset that person b would dare reply to person a's comment. We see a lot of that today. this is wha I was talking about.

Yes, but we're calling it out as some leftist hypocrisy when the same thing also exists on the right. It's just more of the same issue, the hyperpartisanship of our system. Point fingers at the other side and dismiss. There's no real analysis or thinking in it. And where did Streep get upset about Trump's reply?

Yes, but we're calling it out as some leftist hypocrisy when the same thing also exists on the right. It's just more of the same issue, the hyperpartisanship of our system. Point fingers at the other side and dismiss. There's no real analysis or thinking in it. And where did Streep get upset about Trump's reply?

of course it does on all sides. This one is talking about smug self importand liberal elitist shock that someone would dare respond....

The whole thing is silly, but Trump was right about one thing - Meryl Streep is one of the most over rated actresses out there.

heh, please. If she was praising Trump you guys would be lauding her. But anyone who dares to oppose the orange messiah is overrated. Starbucks, Streep, SNL, all the former presidents, etc.

Hell, in the mind of the Trump fanatics, Scott Baio is a great actor and a true patriot.

quietly?

sure. quietly. on a soap box in front of millions.

this is why the Electoral College is sacred. the idiots in their ivory towers in California just don't get it.

If Trump were familiar enough with Kovaleski's disability to "specifically" mock it, as you allege, he would know that Kovaleski does not flail his arms around at all, especially not the disabled arm which is essentially stationary.

But you're gonna believe whatever harebrained nonsense you wanna believe so feel free to go on doing it.

Trump has a long, rich history of attacking individuals personally, for their physical characteristics.

of course it does on all sides. This one is talking about smug self importand liberal elitist shock that someone would dare respond....

I don't think Streep was upset with the response. I think those who speaking out against Trump's tweets, myself included, do so because it's completely unprofessional for a President to act in this manner. There are far more requirements and expectations of tact and decorum for Head of State than an average citizen. I find Trump's tweets to, in general, be highly embarrassing to the Republic. As President, he has to take the high-road. Any citizen gets to complain for any reason. Sometimes those reasons are valid, sometimes not. But the President cannot be sitting around all day Tweeting responses to individuals in such a manner. He has to act like a President.

It's right there on tape. He mocked the man by mocking his disability.
There you go being dishonest again. He did not mock his disability.

Whine all you'd like, but it won't change that simple fact.
iLOL
The person whining , claiming the other is. :lamo
Hilarious.

One more vivid example of what cult behavior looks like.
Still confused I see. Figures.
If you think he made fun of the reporter because he was disabled, or made fun of his disability, it is you who is engaged in cult behavior.

Back
Top Bottom