• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Merry Christmas!

One of my favourites is Silent Night
While stationed in Germany, heard it in German for the 1st time
Such a beautiful carol

Very nice harmony between Jennifer Nettles and Idina Menzel, also excellent drum interlude. I do not think I ever heard this version before. Thank you for posting it. It is one of my very favorites.

One of my favourites is Silent Night
While stationed in Germany, heard it in German for the 1st time
Such a beautiful carol

...and sung like an angel by Nana Mouskouri, whom I have heard sing in many languages before, but never German. She makes even German, which always sounds harsh to me, sound soft!
And yes, it is a beautiful carol. (I have studied German. I do not mean to disparage the language, but it does sound harsh to me!)

Very nice harmony between Jennifer Nettles and Idina Menzel, also excellent drum interlude. I do not think I ever heard this version before. Thank you for posting it. It is one of my very favorites.
It's my favorite carol, and I listened to a lot of vids trying to find the perfect one to share. I like the more traditional ones, too, but YES it was the drums that sold me on this one. Gotta have strong drums, and somehow they made them joyous. Kind of nontraditional, but I'm glad you liked it!

It's my favorite carol, and I listened to a lot of vids trying to find the perfect one to share. I like the more traditional ones, too, but YES it was the drums that sold me on this one. Gotta have strong drums, and somehow they made them joyous. Kind of nontraditional, but I'm glad you liked it!
Did you see the version by Sinead O'Connor that I posted? (Post 50)

She has a beautiful voice. That is my favorite version

Did you see the version by Sinead O'Connor that I posted? (Post 50)

She has a beautiful voice. That is my favorite version
I saw it. (I know you are addressing MaryP.) That is "Silent Night", however. We were discussing "The Little Drummer Boy". Or at least I think we were. I fell asleep with my clothes and boots on earlier and I may not know what I am discussing! I should change into my pajamas and go to bed!

I saw it. (I know you are addressing MaryP.) That is "Silent Night", however. We were discussing "The Little Drummer Boy". Or at least I think we were. I fell asleep with my clothes and boots on earlier and I may not know what I am discussing! I should change into my pajamas and go to bed!
Oh. Oops. No, it was me....I had posted silent night by Sinead O'Conner then someone posted it in German, which was cool.

But no, you had it right.

Another classic

I love this. It was recorded in 1978. I posted another version of Bruce Springsteen singing this live in 2007 on page 2 of this thread. I also love that version. If anyone else is a Springsteen fan, you can see both versions.

"The Rebel Jesus"
Jackson Browne

"Cantique de Noël" (O Holy Night)
Joan Baez

Last edited:
I have about 8 of his cds
Andrea Bocceli
Beautiful voice

"The Hallelujah Chorus" (from Handel's "Messiah")
The Roches

A discussion of "Good King Wenceslas" by The Roches by Fr. James Martin, S.J., culture editor of "America" magazine.

When I was little, I wondered for the longest time why they put the poor Baby Jesus in a manger full of peas.

Back
Top Bottom