• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Merry Christmas!

"Amahl and the Night Visitors"
Gian Carlo Menotti

The Nutcracker = Christmas.

I took my 5 year old to a children's matinee of the Nutcracker. At the end, he jumped up on his seat and putting fingers in his mouth gave the loudest whistles he could. Sort of shocked the fur coat crowd sitting around us. LOL at least he loved it!

"Light of the Stable"
Emmylou Harris

(Harmonies are sung by Linda Rondstadt, Dolly Parton, and Neil Young.)

"Santa Claus is Comin' to London"
Bruce Springsteen

"Merry Christmas Baby"
Bruce Sprinsteen

"Cherry Tree Carol"
Hazel Ramberansingh

"Jesus Christ The Apple Tree"
lyrics by Elizabeth Poston*

*I have seen it proposed that the melody is old, maybe a Shaker tune. Previously I had seen the song attributed to Elizabeth Poston.

The funniest Christmas TV episode ever I think was the Festivus episode on Seinfeld. "A Festivus For The Rest of Us". Sounds like it was presented by Don King.

The funniest Christmas TV episode ever I think was the Festivus episode on Seinfeld. "A Festivus For The Rest of Us". Sounds like it was presented by Don King.
I just watched that on you tube. So darn funny. Happy Festivus to all!

"The Season's Upon Us"
Dropkick Murphys

"Jesus Christ The Apple Tree"
lyrics by Elizabeth Poston*

*I have seen it proposed that the melody is old, maybe a Shaker tune. Previously I had seen the song attributed to Elizabeth Poston.

Good fit for the Shakers to adopt it, what with their Tree of Life being an apple tree. But the lyrics are based on Song of Solomon 2:3. I love that image of resting under the boughs of the Apple Tree.

1640052848493.png

Back
Top Bottom