• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Merry Christmas!

That's a goodun!
maybe my favorite. The guy was so good. I first saw him do this on SNL with IIRC Vanessa Williams, Trisha has a better voice.

Why didn't someone tell me about this thread? I have been posting all my Christmas favorites (well, actually, a few of my Christmas favorites) in:

"What are you listening to? ver. 15.0"

and

"Your "song of the day/week" thread....."

(I do have to thank some of the posters above who posted to one of those threads as well as here. I heard some great new-to me-Christmas songs in those threads.)

I learned this in English, but the German version is so much more moving, IMO.

Why didn't someone tell me about this thread? I have been posting all my Christmas favorites (well, actually, a few of my Christmas favorites) in:

"What are you listening to? ver. 15.0"

and

"Your "song of the day/week" thread....."

(I do have to thank some of the posters above who posted to one of those threads as well as here. I heard some great new-to me-Christmas songs in those threads.)
I'll check it out! Merry Christmas!

I learned this in English, but the German version is so much more moving, IMO.

I remember singing this in German in school. No, not a German school. Just a good music program. We often sang songs in different languages. When I got older I learned that opera singers had to learn many different language so as to phrase the music well.

"Cantique De Noel / O Holy Night"
Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti

I remember singing this in German in school. No, not a German school. Just a good music program. We often sang songs in different languages. When I got older I learned that opera singers had to learn many different language so as to phrase the music well.

Me, too!! 3rd grade, Spokane Wa...early 60's. But it wasn't part of the music program. I had an actual German language class.

Me, too!! 3rd grade, Spokane Wa...early 60's. But it wasn't part of the music program. I had an actual German language class.

Only French was offered at my elementary school. :) I believe we started in the third grade.

Back
Top Bottom