• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mental illness kills.

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I heard on the radio this morning some of the things the crazy Uvalde kid did as a kid, as told by the kids he grew up with.
He was bullied because he stuttered. He tortured cats, and actually beheaded his own family cat. Most of his peers knew something was wrong with the kid.
We need to figure out some kind of way to keep people like this from buying guns.
Ideas?

I heard on the radio this morning some of the things the crazy Uvalde kid did as a kid, as told by the kids he grew up with.
He was bullied because he stuttered. He tortured cats, and actually beheaded his own family cat. Most of his peers knew something was wrong with the kid.
We need to figure out some kind of way to keep people like this from buying guns.

Ideas?

Will “most of his peers” go on record with their multiple “see something, say something” stories? The wheel which never squeaks is apt to get less grease.

Ideas?
YOUR news source, Fox,, reported this morning that the shooter had been arrested 4 years ago for saying he was gonna shoot up a school in 2022.

Then they went on and on about how liberals did not watch him or lock him up or whatever they could think of to say to make it a liberal policy fault.
After a few hours of Fox reporting this, the story was completely debunked by real media.

I have told you many times. If you watch Fox it ****s up your head. Get off that shit.
It kills.

YOUR news source, Fox,, reported this morning that the shooter had been arrested 4 years ago for saying he was gonna shoot up a school in 2022.

Then they went on and on about how liberals did not watch him or lock him up or whatever they could think of to say to make it a liberal policy fault.
After a few hours of Fox reporting this, the story was completely debunked by real media.

I have told you many times. If you watch Fox it ****s up your head. Get off that shit.
It kills.

I actually heard this on the Stephanie Miller show on XM channel 127. Which is the liberal talk channel. No kidding.

Yeah, I know Trump, Trump, Trump…….

The Constitution is just a piece of paper, afterall.

I actually heard this on the Stephanie Miller show on XM channel 127. Which is the liberal talk channel. No kidding.
I just looked her up. She is a comedian.

At least she has a job, I guess.

How did you find her?

Ideas?
Personally I believe background checks should be expanded to longer waiting times and neighbors should be interviewed by FBI and if allegations are verified they should be refused to buy a gun. If they dispute the findings; they can go to court

Yeah, I know Trump, Trump, Trump…….

The Constitution is just a piece of paper, afterall.

It long ago should have been tossed with it rewritten to fit the evolving times as was intended. Sadly, our forefathers really screwed the pooch in giving rural land so much power over GDP producing populations.
The red state problem has kicked democracy to the ground and I don't think it can get back up.

"Channel 127
SiriusXM Progress amplifies voices demanding justice, equality, and liberty for all. Hear progressive viewpoints from a wide range of voices including Zerlina Maxwell, Stephanie Miller, Thom Hartmann, Michelangelo Signorile, Dean Obeidallah, John Fugelsang, and more..."

There's a disconnect here.

I just looked her up. She is a comedian.

At least she has a job, I guess.

How did you find her?
I used to listen to her when I was a Bernie bro. Also Thom Hartmann. Commie commentators on the radio!

I used to listen to her when I was a Bernie bro. Also Thom Hartmann. Commie commentators on the radio!
I dont know any of these people.
And, I have not listened to the radio this century.

Personally I believe background checks should be expanded to longer waiting times and neighbors should be interviewed by FBI and if allegations are verified they should be refused to buy a gun. If they dispute the findings; they can go to court
There are 22 million background checks each year, and that doesn't include private sales. How many FBI agents will this take? How much expense should a prospective buyer have to pay in court to dispute the findings of neighbors?

Cops have AR-15s. Why don't they use them?

Why wasn't this lady that afraid?

When I was a kid in the late 60s, the cops had machine guns bolted to there dash boards.
Anyone else remember that?

Was that just a Newark thing?

There are 22 million background checks each year, and that doesn't include private sales. How many FBI agents will this take? How much expense should a prospective buyer have to pay in court to dispute the findings of neighbors?
There need to be absolute standards to pass or fail. Possibly a computer should make the decision rather than a biased or lazy human.

Ideas?
Universally free mental healthcare for all Americans.

There is nothing we can do because to the right their guns are more important that the lives of children. To those of you who feel this way I hope you and yours are never a victim of such a thing as it would be a very difficult way to learn you were wrong.

Universally free mental healthcare for all Americans.
Maybe. A state hospital system like we had in the 60s without the abuse, possibly. It may be a good investment.

There is nothing we can do because to the right their guns are more important that the lives of children. To those of you who feel this way I hope you and yours are never a victim of such a thing as it would be a very difficult way to learn you were wrong.
Are you asking people to give up their rights in order to protect children?

Back
Top Bottom