• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Men Re their Own Favorite Experts

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I know, I'm sure as hell never wrong on anything.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...orite-experts-on-any-given-subject/?tid=sm_tw

A fascinating new working paper finds that men are far more likely than women to back up their arguments with appeals to a higher authority: themselves.

King and her colleagues found a huge difference in self-citation patterns between men and women. "Over the years between 1779-2011, men cite their own papers 56% more than women do," they found. And in recent decades, men have stepped up their self-citation game relative to women: "In the last two decades of our data, men self-cite 70 percent more than women."

:lamo

You're full of it.

(See above for proof.)

:mrgreen:

You're full of it.

(See above for proof.)

:mrgreen:

I'm full of answers. Ask me any question, I'm sure I can pull an answer out of my butt.

This is what women refer to as "mansplaining". lol

This study also helps validate the notion that men don't like to look at maps when they get lost. lol

This study helps validate the notion that men don't like to look at maps when they get lost. lol

We invented GPS so that we can avoid asking for directions.

We invented GPS so that we can avoid asking for directions.

Men sure got lucky with that invention. Now all they have to do is look at it. But that's the same problem they had with maps....and road signs. :2razz:

I don't know. Trump has to got to be personally responsible for about 30% of that

Did you ask you wife first?

Now there's someone who is never wrong, even when she is.

I got her on something the other day. I forgot what it was already, probably the artist of a song or detail of a certain movie we both saw. At first she denied it, then she argued about it, then when I showed her the google she said that wasn't what she really meant. :)

Problem:

The GPS's voice is a woman. D:

I changed mine to an Australian male voice. Now it says, "Crikey! I think yer lost, mate. I can't help you. I think I'll go find someone else to help."

Back
Top Bottom