• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Men are most attractive at 40

Maybe in ten more years I will finally be able to grow a respectable beard.

Maybe in ten more years I will finally be able to grow a respectable beard.

Well I think I lost some of my "mocho" in the last 10 years because now I'm into and taking pride in gowing garden specialties.....lol....a huge leap from the "I will never cook" kind of guy I used to be....lol

I have to agree with this one. My boyfriend is 42, and I find him incredibly masculine and sexy.

I'm 18, supposedly my peak year; if this is the best I'm going to look, I'd hate to think about what I'll look like when I'm old.

I do have a respectable beard though.

I'm 18, supposedly my peak year; if this is the best I'm going to look, I'd hate to think about what I'll look like when I'm old.

not that kind of peak......dave......just sayin'.

I'm into and taking pride in gowing garden specialties.....l

"Specialties" like annual herbs with an erect, bushy form, growth height between 2 and 7 m, with male and female flowers are on separate plants,stems slightly woody, simple or sparsely branched, 1 to 2.5 cm diameter, rough, hairy, resinous in the upper part of the plant with leaves that are dark green and sparsely hairy on the upper surface, paler and more densely hairy below; hand-shaped, with 5 to 9 finger-like leaflets growing from the tip of a narrow 4 to 5 cm long leaf stalk, the leaflets with sharply toothed margins and prominent veins, and with green flowers, the male flowers on small, branched flower stalks, in the leaf axis with a tiny leaf opposite; female flowers in leafy spikes and clothed in sticky hairs by any chance?

"Specialties" like annual herbs with an erect, bushy form, growth height between 2 and 7 m, with male and female flowers are on separate plants,stems slightly woody, simple or sparsely branched, 1 to 2.5 cm diameter, rough, hairy, resinous in the upper part of the plant with leaves that are dark green and sparsely hairy on the upper surface, paler and more densely hairy below; hand-shaped, with 5 to 9 finger-like leaflets growing from the tip of a narrow 4 to 5 cm long leaf stalk, the leaflets with sharply toothed margins and prominent veins, and with green flowers, the male flowers on small, branched flower stalks, in the leaf axis with a tiny leaf opposite; female flowers in leafy spikes and clothed in sticky hairs by any chance?

oh my...you are very well versed.

Nobody believed me when I said it in the other thread, but I still believe the relationship between age and attractiveness is relative to the age of the beholder.

Nobody believed me when I said it in the other thread, but I still believe the relationship between age and attractiveness is relative to the age of the beholder.

well, there's attractiveness, and attraction to. very different. i think young men can be very hot, but i'm not necessarily attracted to them, for obvious reasons.

I agree Dav. My tastes in men aged with me over the years.

This is why I don't find 18 year olds very exciting these days, though when I was 18, I liked them A LOT. ;) Now I look at them, think about all the training they would require, and just feel tired.

lol same :mrgreen:

Plastic surgery for the win.

LOL...not into it but perhaps I should start...lol

This is why I don't find 18 year olds very exciting these days, though when I was 18, I liked them A LOT. ;) Now I look at them, think about all the training they would require, and just feel tired.

You mean you're not a "cougar"?....lol

Attractive in what sense? To marry or just to gawk at when they're half naked at the beach? Cause if I'm marrying someone else, he will be a handsome, successful man in his 40's. If I'm just looking at abs at the beach, I'm surely not following the happy trail surrounded by mid-aged spread. I'm looking at the dudes I know will go all night and then some.

Honestly, I don't know why 18 is considered a "peak" for males. I can't think of anything I was at 18 that I am not better at(mentally, physically, spiritually) now at 31. Sure I probably could have ****ed 8 times a day back then, but the total time would still have been about 20 minutes added up.

I think 18 is considered a peak age for women. At least, a lot of models are 18, if not younger.
18-year-old men (if they can be considered "men") aren't old enough to do much; they can't even buy a legal beer, or get into a lot of clubs.
What's so "peaky" about that?
They usually have zits, and haven't lost that adolescent gangly look.
They often don't have much facial or chest hair to speak of.
They're usually not as tall or as broad-shouldered or as muscular as they'll be a few years hence.

I've never gotten the impression that 18-year-old males were considered the zenith of masculine attractiveness, either by women or by other men. Not in the universal or society-wide way that very young women are considered "attractive".
Most 18-year-old girls prefer slightly older guys- early 20s.
Most older women looking for young guys also prefer guys in their 20s.
That's been my impression, anyway.

Last edited:
I never have found young guys all that attractive, even when I was young. 18 is most certainly NOT the peak for men. Eighteen year olds aren't even men yet. They generally still look like little boys and don't have enough experience to be good in bed or hold adult conversations.

Just say'n...;)

Most attractive? Pretty darn attractive but not sure about most. Too many things to factor in.
I'm 55 and I consider 40 a bit young for me. I know men in their 50's and even 60's who I consider very attractive.
Guess it depends on the age of the person doing the looking.

Guys under 30 that I find good looking, I'm thinking "Damn, he's cute! I'd like to have a son like that.:)

I never have found young guys all that attractive, even when I was young. 18 is most certainly NOT the peak for men. Eighteen year olds aren't even men yet. They generally still look like little boys and don't have enough experience to be good in bed or hold adult conversations.

Even if they could, they're usually either scrawny or pudgy; they still have kid bodies.
Most of them don't have grown-up bodies, or faces. They don't look entirely sexually mature, is what I'm saying.

It is about the beholder. I've changed so much in the past even 10 years. What I found attractive back in the day has really nothing to do with what I find attractive now.

Back
Top Bottom