• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Memphis Police Incident

I think people misunderstand the issue with BLM and police brutality. It is a "blue issue" not a racial issue

The Chief had to describe the incident on video in an attempt to de-sensitive viewers when it is released. It tells you a lot

Like the family attorney said he was a "human pinata" beaten for 3 minutes.

His namewas Tyre Nichols :(

What these officers did was horrific and they did it just because they could :mad:
These guys learned to lynch…..

I think people misunderstand the issue with BLM and police brutality. It is a "blue issue" not a racial issue

The Chief had to describe the incident on video in an attempt to de-sensitive viewers when it is released. It tells you a lot

Like the family attorney said he was a "human pinata" beaten for 3 minutes.

His namewas Tyre Nichols :(

What these officers did was horrific and they did it just because they could :mad:
Oh its going to happen to more than just a black person someday. I’ve seen footage of a white man get killed by the very same thing as George Floyd.

About an hour and a half until they release the video. It's multiple cameras from different perspectives I think, and combined is over an hour long. Nobody is watching beginning to end before coming to their conclusions.

Yes, he sells black victimization.
I really think he does the people he seeks to lead a very big disservice.
As I said, smack dab in the middle of the show. He was a well educated big burly black man. Very well spoken. Both of his "points" were obviously not in the least objective but rather pontificating from victimization.

Like I said, I my neighborhood everyone got beat by the police once cuffed. Color played no part.
And as to the black cops being fired but white would not be. Come on. Each incident is different, each department different.
peace
That's what you beleive, you have no proof. But he believes something different. It is all opinion you know. And what people is he leading? Was it a elected officer who said that or a private citizen like you? What was his name? Everyone with an opinion on TV is not a leader. Is Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity your leaders?

Given that one of the charges is "Aggravated Kidnapping", I suspect the video may show either there was no probable cause to perform the traffic stop, or no legal reason to perform the arrest taking the victim into custody.

The best part of all this? Tonight the cops in Memphis (& I suspect elsewhere), are thinking very hard & carefully in how they interact with their citizenry tonight!
Scorpion squads probable cause isnt in their vocabulary.

As I said before. None of what you said is factual. What you are saying is that you know more than the FBI. She was unarmed. There has never been any evidence that shows she had a gun. But I understand that you must find ways to justify your beliefs that police are right 100% of the time.
Emn is a fascist so… its no wonder.

I think the races of the officer’s being the same as the victim presents a different dynamic. I’ll agree there is a problem with US policing. Can you point out another incident where there was not some component of racism inviolved in recent history. It’s the first one that I am aware of.
There is something to be said about internalized racism and “im one of the good ones guys!”

I reject the premise that just because the perpetrators and victim were all Black that "there was no race involved." there's a ton of data to suggest that when when PoC become ****ing cops they brutalize minorities more (see the ****ing Border Patrol).

But the reality is even white folk would benefit from law enforcement of all stripes being less out of control.
Yeah lots of latino border patrol officers still treat immigrants like dirt.

With all due respect to all in this community, it gets very difficult to focus on the thread's actual topic when y'all start going over and over and over about other cases that might be similar. I just gave up in another thread because just two of the members were back and forth at each other and it was ... well, I gave up.

Here there seems to be more about other cases than about this particular case. Just an observation that possibly some folks that may have an interest in the topic and may want to contribute just give up after 3 or 4 pages where the majority of the comments are not about the topic. But I suspect I'm just setting myself up for the 'Who the F____ are you?' response.

Anyway, what I was trying to do was to see if anyone has picked up any hint from any source that maybe these law enforcement personnel thought they had somebody else in custody? Somebody they were specifically concerned about and had some special need to be looking for and possibly be worried about? Has anyone seen any evidence that they looked at anything that identified this fella before they (the law enforcement) went nutso on him? And apologies if that has been covered and I missed it. I started trying to dodge those references/posts about other cases and stay with just this case.

With all due respect to all in this community, it gets very difficult to focus on the thread's actual topic when y'all start going over and over and over about other cases that might be similar. I just gave up in another thread because just two of the members were back and forth at each other and it was ... well, I gave up.

Here there seems to be more about other cases than about this particular case. Just an observation that possibly some folks that may have an interest in the topic and may want to contribute just give up after 3 or 4 pages where the majority of the comments are not about the topic. But I suspect I'm just setting myself up for the 'Who the F____ are you?' response.

Anyway, what I was trying to do was to see if anyone has picked up any hint from any source that maybe these law enforcement personnel thought they had somebody else in custody? Somebody they were specifically concerned about and had some special need to be looking for and possibly be worried about? Has anyone seen any evidence that they looked at anything that identified this fella before they (the law enforcement) went nutso on him? And apologies if that has been covered and I missed it. I started trying to dodge those references/posts about other cases and stay with just this case.
No, nothing like that. Just that they're a special high crime area unit focusing on violent crimes. Unmarked cars, plainclothes, allegedly aggressive interactions with civilians.

It's bad. They're ****ed.

4 videos released here:

Not all the facts are in, or at least have been made public. That, by definition, is going to be left to the courtroom.
We all should be probably just keeping 'our power dry' until then.

4 videos released here:

TY I kept going to the city website and couldn't find them. Watching them on Agenda Free though. I have to wonder if these guy weren't aware there was a pole camera there and though they could mysteriously cover their own body cams. It's heartbreaking hearing him screaming for his mom and knowing she was only a few houses away. That pole video is pretty damning.

TY I kept going to the city website and couldn't find them. Watching them on Agenda Free though. I have to wonder if these guy weren't aware there was a pole camera there and though they could mysteriously cover their own body cams. It's heartbreaking hearing him screaming for his mom and knowing she was only a few houses away. That pole video is pretty damning.
I thought it was over when they got him up, but no that was just so they could hold him and continue the beating. Fists and sticks.

Not all the facts are in, or at least have been made public. That, by definition, is going to be left to the courtroom.
We all should be probably just keeping 'our power dry' until then.

Sorry but standing him up just so they could punch and beat him more, kicking him while on the ground while two officers are holding him down, there is no excuse.

I get a sense that a lot of folks here want the officers involved to be guilty, whether they are or not.

I don't see much about that running away business in the OP's linked article.

There is still no official cause of death.

And I am not so very sure of what I am seeing in those videos, but video number two is so unclear I can't see when all the beating took place. In fact, from 6:25 to 7:07 in video #2 there seems to be an officer in some sort of physical discomfort. I am sure I see him limping around.

Bottom line is I am not at all convinced this is such a case where an honorable, kind-hearted citizen was being so nice and for no reason was struck by officers. Print articles seem to be making this fella as being so cool. All smiles in all those pictures of him.

Okay, so I am reading more than once that there was three minutes of beating. Could somebody please point me to that evidence in one of the videos? I would appreciate that. That Vimeo software messed up this unit. Later I might pull out another unit and try again, but as of right now I get a sense right here in this small community of DebatePolitics that we have a kind of auto their guilty style of crowd anger being posted and I can't find what supports that idea.

Now, if the cops are guilty, fine; they get put before a judge and/or a jury. But we don't even know what the cause of death is yet. We don't know if this fella was intoxicated or worse. I am seeing all this how fantastic this guy was, yet he ran away.

Now if you folks want to go jamming me up for just wanting to know the facts and not going into an auto-rage mode; well, have at it. I don't know. Something smells a tad off. Sorry, I can't go with the crowd here on this one. Not yet, anyway.

You are in denial

"U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland announced Thursday that the Department of Justice has filed charges against four former and current Louisville police officers in connection with the death of Breonna Taylor. The charges include civil rights offenses, unlawful conspiracies, unconstitutional use of force and obstruction offenses."

Again, none of those charges were for the shooting death of Taylor.

The conspiracy charges were based on technical defects in the search warrant that the Feds are alleging were lies, and another officer was charged for firing rounds that went into another apartment.

Mattingly and Cosgrove, who actually shot Taylor were not charged

I said this when Floyd was killed.. It was on film, the cop knew it and didn't care... These cops knew they were being filmed and they didn't care..

That's scary as hell...
What’s scary is people like you who think violent felons like Floyd have a right to steal from people and violently resist arrest and so you lie about a non violent restraint justifiably used on a violent resisting felon

Again, none of those charges were for the shooting death of Taylor.

The conspiracy charges were based on technical defects in the search warrant that the Feds are alleging were lies, and another officer was charged for firing rounds that went into another apartment.

Mattingly and Cosgrove, who actually shot Taylor were not charged
What do you think unconstitutional use of force means?

I reject the premise that just because the perpetrators and victim were all Black that "there was no race involved." there's a ton of data to suggest that when when PoC become ****ing cops they brutalize minorities more (see the ****ing Border Patrol).
This makes no sense. Nobody can claim that his was a racially motivated incident; all parties are the same race.

I get a sense that a lot of folks here want the officers involved to be guilty, whether they are or not.

I don't see much about that running away business in the OP's linked article.

There is still no official cause of death.

And I am not so very sure of what I am seeing in those videos, but video number two is so unclear I can't see when all the beating took place. In fact, from 6:25 to 7:07 in video #2 there seems to be an officer in some sort of physical discomfort. I am sure I see him limping around.

Bottom line is I am not at all convinced this is such a case where an honorable, kind-hearted citizen was being so nice and for no reason was struck by officers. Print articles seem to be making this fella as being so cool. All smiles in all those pictures of him.

Okay, so I am reading more than once that there was three minutes of beating. Could somebody please point me to that evidence in one of the videos? I would appreciate that. That Vimeo software messed up this unit. Later I might pull out another unit and try again, but as of right now I get a sense right here in this small community of DebatePolitics that we have a kind of auto their guilty style of crowd anger being posted and I can't find what supports that idea.

Now, if the cops are guilty, fine; they get put before a judge and/or a jury. But we don't even know what the cause of death is yet. We don't know if this fella was intoxicated or worse. I am seeing all this how fantastic this guy was, yet he ran away.

Now if you folks want to go jamming me up for just wanting to know the facts and not going into an auto-rage mode; well, have at it. I don't know. Something smells a tad off. Sorry, I can't go with the crowd here on this one. Not yet, anyway.
WTF more do you need to see?

What do you think unconstitutional use of force means?
Why are you asking me questions when you haven’t even read the documents? Stop being dishonest, go read them and tell me where I’m wrong.

You simply are ignorant and haven’t read of these and when I explain them to you then you deny it and try to argue terms you don’t understand.

Let’s explain this to you again. NO ONE WAS CHARGED FOR SHOOTING BREONNA TAYLOR and if you can prove that’s a lie quote an indictment.

Back
Top Bottom