• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Memorial Day

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gentlemen, we all swore that we'd let the others live on in us (At least, we did. That's part of being a Marine).

LCpl Walter O'Haire
Sgt Jason Amores
LCpl Cody Childers
LCpl Brendan Fyfe

You gents were (are) family (a disfunctional, alcoholic, family) As long as I carry on, I'll carry you forward. Till we meet again.

11295742_1586881068259754_3666216567124899077_n.jpg

Samuel-Adams-Imperial-Stout1.jpg

Last edited:
Semper Fidelis.

It is hard to realize some of our friends are really gone.

We have friends whose son died in Afghanistan in 2012 when he was 20 years old. It has been four years now and I still have trouble with that. It just doesn't seem possible that I can't go up and give him a chest bump anymore.
The least I can do is fly my flag this weekend to honor all the other sons, dads, and brothers I never knew. Currently there is only myself and another neighbor on a two block long block who flies the flag.

Someday I would love to see the red,white, and blue on every front yard on my block on Memorial Day.

Gentlemen, we all swore that we'd let the others live on in us (At least, we did. That's part of being a Marine).

LCpl Walter O'Haire
Sgt Jason Amores
LCpl Cody Childers
LCpl Brendan Fyfe

You gents were (are) family (a disfunctional, alcoholic, family) As long as I carry on, I'll carry you forward. Till we meet again.

11295742_1586881068259754_3666216567124899077_n.jpg

Samuel-Adams-Imperial-Stout1.jpg

Amen. :party

If you are able,
save them a place
inside of you
and save one backward glance
when you are leaving
for the places they can
no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say
you loved them,
though you may
or may not have always.
Take what they have left
and what they have taught you
with their dying
and keep it with your own.
And in that time
when men decide and feel safe
to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace
those gentle heroes
you left behind.

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
1 January 1970
Dak To, Vietnam

If you served much after 1970 you probably never saw this stuff but if you were serving overseas in the 40's-60's this is how you got paid. The top note is standard scrip while the bottom one is from Japan and is how our forces there were paid.

830EED1B-2ADF-4C96-983B-DF014766D770_zpsgfwwujep.jpg

1,354,700+ Americans have fallen over the past 241 years in years of war.

All game some, and some gave all.

Back
Top Bottom