• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Memo to Democrats: We have not shot...

craigfarmer

Reaction score
After watching the Presidential news conference, it's clear why Democrats have no shot to regain power in the House or Senate in 2006, or the Presidency in 2008.

President Bush has found a magical road map to victory that can only be blocked by complacency and/or scandal.

First, whether through focus groups or trial-and-error, Bush and the Republicans have developed a LANGUAGE that presents the best aspects of their policies and proposals that obscure the true costs, and invite the American people to dream again. They have at once presented BIG IDEAS that engender support among academic types, while carefully standing with the masses on a daily basis.

Also, the President has skillfully minimized the consequences of his purported goals on many issues...

Abortion, Affirmative Action, Gay Rights, Environmental protection, and Immigration policy are just a few examples... which allows him to shift the discussion toward politically potent components.

Finally, the Republican base both Fiscal and Social Conservatives have FOR THE TIME BEING trusted the President to venture far away from traditional Conservatism into Liberal Democratic territory...

see the rest

http://www.newliberals.org

As long as the Republican base is willing to allow Republicans to embrace any idea that will contribute to electoral success, Democrats has no shot at winning.

At some point, the Republican power surge has to peak, and the different coalitions will demand more purity, but we have to remember Democrats held power in the Congress for GENERATIONS.

There should be a rule: Anyone who points out a problem, should have a solution.

My solutions?

I have 2 options.

DECLARE VICTORY ON PARTICULAR ISSUES, AND PROPOSE MORE

and/or

BAND TOGETHER AND INFLICT HIGH PROFILE DEFEATS ON MAJOR ISSUES

Craig Farmer
making the word "liberal" safe again!

Craig,

Thank you for sharing! These posts are increasingly becoming advertisements.

Debate Politics, endorses intelligent discourse which means participation. Please validate your opinion within your topic or others post topics. Else find another place to advertise.

Consider this a warning.
Please see the rules for posible actions against you.

Last edited:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH. someone using their freedom of speech. what a beautiful thing nor do we all want to hear it. But we do have the option to switch the page. I like it and I don't but I wonder if anyone ever thought if the soldiers overseas REALLY got to have there vote in time

Umm..vague is talking about linking his site in the forum. Second, Farmer is an idiot because he blames the Democratic party today as the problem. Third, stop jumping to conclusions (but you can jump to the conclusion Farmer is an idiot).

Back
Top Bottom