• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Member Only Polls

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashingAmerican

Civil Libertarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Is there a way to make it where only members can vote in the polls?

If not, this would be a good idea. It keeps the numbers from getting skewed.

Well, could always start a poll where only members can see it.

It's my understanding... a mod will correct me if I'm wrong... that the only way "guests" can vote in polls is in the Polls forum itself. You can create a poll in Off Topic, General Political Discussion, almost any other forum that doesn't have a strict thread policy, like "Breaking News, etc., and only registered members can vote in polls made there. :)

Is there a way to make it where only members can vote in the polls?

If not, this would be a good idea. It keeps the numbers from getting skewed.

This question was asked a few years ago and here is a mod's answer.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedb...-registered-users-should-able-vote-polls.html

http://www.debatepolitics.com/feedb...rs-should-able-vote-polls.html#post1059842890
Here's the deal. The only place where guests can vote is in the Polls section. This is a directive that has been decided by vauge. Allowing guests to vote in the Polls Forum allows participation and might encourage them to join DP. This has been discussed before and I do not see it changing. You do have a way to get a good read on forum thoughts on a poll question. When you create the poll, make it so who votes is visible... don't make it anonymous. That way, even if some socks or spammers "game" the poll, we can still get a good read on how the forum sees the issue.

One good idea is to make votes public that way you can see how what actual members voted for if you are going to post a poll in the poll section like that mod suggests.

All three members above... X, Di, and james, nailed this. Thank you.

Question answered, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom