• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania's trees and 12 Monkeys

RobertU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Melania Trump’s decision to adorn the White House with red Christmas trees may be a sign that the election of Donald Trump created a major disruption in the space-time continuum.

In the TV series 12 Monkeys, a cult plots to destroy time itself. The wave of destruction is signaled by forests turning from green to red.

See related story: https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-elections/329674-universe-turned-against-hillary.html

Somebody in the WH staff possibly on Melanias team watches the show. That much is true.

Melania Trump lashes out at media for mocking her blood-red Christmas trees at White House

213eb91a3bfb5d038bef1e8821fcda8d

I have to wonder if this is yet another Melania way of saying - I really don't care. Do U?

There is literally no matter too small for the White House to troll America about.

It's a theme of red, white, and blue. Each room is done in one color and gas a theme attached to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is literally no matter too small for the White House to troll America about.

Ironically, I'd just been thinking that there was literally no matter too small for his detractors to troll Trump et ux about.

Melania Trump’s decision to adorn the White House with red Christmas trees may be a sign that the election of Donald Trump created a major disruption in the space-time continuum.

In the TV series 12 Monkeys, a cult plots to destroy time itself. The wave of destruction is signaled by forests turning from green to red.

See related story: https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-elections/329674-universe-turned-against-hillary.html

Cranberries, everyone is hating on cranberries. Oh, and valor and bravery.

I understand the desire to decorate for Christmas and there's no doubt they do look beautiful.

That being said, I doubt I'll ever understand the desire to go as overboard as that. In just the foyer alone, the 27 red trees have over 14,000 hanging red ornaments.

I understand the desire to decorate for Christmas and there's no doubt they do look beautiful.

That being said, I doubt I'll ever understand the desire to go as overboard as that. In just the foyer alone, the 27 red trees have over 14,000 hanging red ornaments.

It must be a bitch walking through that hallway.

The red trees are more Addams Family than First Family.

Their house is a museum
Where people come to see 'em
They really are a scre-'em

In the TV series 12 Monkeys, a cult plots to destroy time itself.

Errr....wait...

I thought the

cult was believed to intend to destroy life on Earth (when really it was to release some animals and put a scientist in a cage as a **** you), but the thing went off, humanity was wiped out almost, and yet some survived and lived underground. So some or other plot succeeded, and in the future everyone is underground because the surface is deadly (thanks, plague). Enter Bruce Willis, future "prisoner."

The good guys then sent him back to pre-empt all this or to find a cure or to do something useful about the situation (I don't recall it being entirely clear)

The cult wasn't trying to destroy time. I suppose you could lift alleged rules of time travel from other sci-fi works and claim that changing the past such that the reason for a person's having been sent back to change it ceases to exist as a result of changes that person made in the past, thereby breaking causality, you'd have a problem of some sort on your hands. But past-cult couldn't possibly plot to cause future people looking out for humanity in the future to send someone back to change the past, thereby breaking time (which is what would be necessary if "the cult" was plotting to destroy time).

If memory serves, the ending was ambiguous but actually in line from the "rules" of the other fiction I'm thinking of: that by accidentally sending the prisoner back to 1990 instead of 1996 and asking him to investigate, they planted the seed. Prisoner (willis) originates the idea of wiping out humanity while investigating it in the wrong year. Someone actually carries out the idea, but that idea only existed because Willis was sent back and thereby allowed to plant it.

In other words, all events depicted are part of an inscrutable time paradox and the real original history is lost......if it makes sense to speak of an original history, which it probably doesn't. If time travel is possible, attempts to describe reality in temporally linear terms must be false.

(My wife disagrees and thinks the point is that Jones stops Peters, but isn't that past-Jones not future-Jones?)

Well, that's more babble than I intended. But I do like a movie that gets a few thoughts stewing....

Last edited:
Errr....wait...

I thought the

cult was believed to intend to destroy life on Earth (when really it was to release some animals and put a scientist in a cage as a **** you), but the thing went off, humanity was wiped out almost, and yet some survived and lived underground. So some or other plot succeeded, and in the future everyone is underground because the surface is deadly (thanks, plague). Enter Bruce Willis, future "prisoner."

The good guys then sent him back to pre-empt all this or to find a cure or to do something useful about the situation (I don't recall it being entirely clear)

The cult wasn't trying to destroy time. I suppose you could lift alleged rules of time travel from other sci-fi works and claim that changing the past such that the reason for a person's having been sent back to change it ceases to exist as a result of changes that person made in the past, thereby breaking causality, you'd have a problem of some sort on your hands. But past-cult couldn't possibly plot to cause future people looking out for humanity in the future to send someone back to change the past, thereby breaking time (which is what would be necessary if "the cult" was plotting to destroy time).

If memory serves, the ending was ambiguous but actually in line from the "rules" of the other fiction I'm thinking of: that by accidentally sending the prisoner back to 1990 instead of 1996 and asking him to investigate, they planted the seed. Prisoner (willis) originates the idea of wiping out humanity while investigating it in the wrong year. Someone actually carries out the idea, but that idea only existed because Willis was sent back and thereby allowed to plant it.

In other words, all events depicted are part of an inscrutable time paradox and the real original history is lost......if it makes sense to speak of an original history, which it probably doesn't. If time travel is possible, attempts to describe reality in temporally linear terms must be false.

(My wife disagrees and thinks the point is that Jones stops Peters, but isn't that past-Jones not future-Jones?)

Well, that's more babble than I intended. But I do like a movie that gets a few thoughts stewing....

The TV version of the movie took a different direction.

You seem to follow the same principle here.

It must be a bitch walking through that hallway.

LOL I see what you did there...

Errr....wait...

I thought the

Thanks for explaining the plot. I saw this once back in high school, and it confused the heck out of me.

I had read (no pun intended) her choice this year was a bit off kilter but I didn't take the time to actually look. Now that I've seen it? This is making last years look delightful. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom