• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania Trump speechwriter comes forward to apologize

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CLEVELAND --
A speechwriter for Donald Trump's company said Wednesday she made a mistake and apologized for using passages from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech in the Republican party convention speech delivered by Melania Trump.

I can accept that. OK, She plagiarized the speech she wrote for Melania Trump from Michelle Obama's speech, and offered her resignation. Donald Trump won't accept it, but IMHO, he should fire her, even though her intentions were not bad.

The takeaway here for me is that the plagiarism has been admitted to, and an apology offered. Works for me. This was not an intentional act of Ms. Trump. Now let's move on......Wait just a minute. Asked who she admired, Ms. Trump said that it was................ Michelle Obama. Oops, I think Republican heads are going to explode now. LOL.

Article is here.

Meanwhile at RNC headquarters:

Last edited:
Its BS.....Trump realized this issue wasn't going away.....he needs to save face and doesn't want to admit mistakes or apologize. So he found a "fall guy" or fall woman in this case.

I can accept that. OK, She plagiarized the speech she wrote for Melania Trump from Michelle Obama's speech, and offered her resignation. Donald Trump won't accept it, but IMHO, he should fire her, even though her intentions were not bad.

The takeaway here for me is that the plagiarism has been admitted to, and an apology offered. Works for me. This was not an intentional act of Ms. Trump. Now let's move on......Wait just a minute. Asked who she admired, Ms. Trump said that it was................ Michelle Obama. Oops, I think Republican heads are going to explode now. LOL.

Article is here.

:2rofll:...too funny!

The takeaway here for me is that the plagiarism has been admitted to, and an apology offered. Works for me. This was not an intentional act of Ms. Trump.

LOL! You missed the message. She didn't admit to plagiarism, she admitted to a mistake. No intent shown.

Without intent proven.....there can be no plagiarism.

What she did (although you missed it) is to clearly state that there was no plagiarism.

:roll:

LOL! You missed the message. She didn't admit to plagiarism, she admitted to a mistake. No intent shown.

What she did (although you missed it) is to clearly state that there was no plagiarism.

A dodge. Just another example of how amateur the Trump people are.

What part of this did you miss?

"apologized for using passages from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech in the Republican party convention speech delivered by Melania Trump".

Reading is fundamental.

Also, why did you edit my post, removing the following...

"Asked who she admired, Ms. Trump said that it was................ Michelle Obama. Oops, I think Republican heads are going to explode now. LOL."

Honesty is also fundamental. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
A dodge. Just another example of how amateur the Trump people are.

An unsupported opinion.

Just another example of how amateur the Hillary people are.

Article is here.
I dont think Trump can fire her because if he does its like acknowledging that this whole thing actually 'matters'. I like that Trump didnt fire her. I think the campaign ought to take out full page adds on the front pages of media outlets to ridicule those that have spent the last 3 days ****ting themselves over this. We have resolution of the first lady speech scandal. Thank goodness!

What part of this did you miss?

"apologized for using passages from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech in the Republican party convention speech delivered by Melania Trump".

Reading is fundamental.

Your quote is not from the speech writer.....it's from the article written by someone else.

She didn't apologize for plagiarism.

That's because there was no intent and therefore, no plagiarism.

You missed the whole point of what she said.......so, yes.....reading IS fundamental.

:lamo

She didn't apologize for plagiarism though, did she?

That's because there was no intent and therefore, no plagiarism.

You missed the whole point of what she said.......so, yes.....reading IS fundamental.

:lamo

Works for me. I was convicted of a DWI once, but it wasn't intentional. Therefore I never drove drunk. LOL.

An unsupported opinion.

Just another example of how amateur the Hillary people are.

(laughing) Where in the hell did you get Hillary in this whole thing? Are you that desperate to divert.

The Trumpeters are a mass of amateurs. And that's exactly what kind of administration he would have. Amateurs that will have their asses handed to them on the world stage.

Just really not that important. What I don't get is, why would you take from a speech that would easily be recognized? That's what makes me think it was just a mistake. And obviously, this is not MO's exclusive intellectual property. She copied it from many others before her, so it is impossible for it to be plagiarism.

In other news, the MSM has still not gotten around to investigating BO's or MO's background and questionable connections.

when biden... chairman of the judiciary plagiarized several times while running for pres and AFTER getting caught in college

he says much ado about nothing.. and obama selects him as VP while knowing biden says its nothing .. showing the hypocrisy of democrats

the part that I find most disturbing is the defense of said speech...the outright delusional denial

how can a country ever come together for betterment when everyone defends their side even when obviously so wrong

honestly, people have lost their integrity...we complain about politicians but it is rotten right down to the core and we are the core

the part that I find most disturbing is the defense of said speech...the outright delusional denial

how can a country ever come together for betterment when everyone defends their side even when obviously so wrong

honestly, people have lost their integrity...we complain about politicians but it is rotten right down to the core and we are the core

VP biden said all his serial plagiarisms said much ado about nothing.. even getting caught in college and continuing as chairman of the judiciary

That is patently fsalse.

Its BS.....Trump realized this issue wasn't going away.....he needs to save face and doesn't want to admit mistakes or apologize. So he found a "fall guy" or fall woman in this case.
Links or it didn't happen.

when biden... chairman of the judiciary plagiarized several times while running for pres and AFTER getting caught in college

he says much ado about nothing.. and obama selects him as VP while knowing biden says its nothing .. showing the hypocrisy of democrats

Biden's Presidential campaign in 1988 came to a screeching halt in the primaries when his plagiarism, in both college as well as the Kinnock speech, came to light. I am no democrat and no friend to democrats, but your statement is absolutely false. The Democrats stopped supporting him en masse in 1988.

Works for me. I was convicted of a DWI once, but it wasn't intentional. Therefore I never drove drunk. LOL.

I'll let my kids know when they go back to school in the Fall that it's okay to copy someone else's words in their assignments and not give credit to the source. All they have to do is say "I didn't intend to do that" and voila!

The takeaway here for me is that the plagiarism has been admitted to, and an apology offered. Works for me. This was not an intentional act of Ms. Trump. Now let's move on......Wait just a minute. Asked who she admired, Ms. Trump said that it was................ Michelle Obama. Oops, I think Republican heads are going to explode now. LOL.[/QUOTE}

The speech writer's letter of apology--posted by our local ABC affiliate earlier today is this:
http://www.koat.com/blob/view/-/40799692/data/1/-/5wnmg3/-/Trump-write-speech-letter.pdf

For heavens sake, this was two short phrases at the beginning of what was obviously Melania's speech. The phrases were not word for word but were similar and now we know were phrases Melania liked from Michelle's speech back then. I can honestly see how this was an honest mistake on the part of an inexperienced political speech writer. And since it almost certainly never occurred to anybody else to read Michelle Obama's speech back then, and who remembers that anyway, I don't think it odd that the professional guys missed it.

But certainly, the Trump haters will make as much of a big deal out of it as they can however hypocritical they are that they didn't gig Michelle for the minor plagiarism noted in her speech or any other leftist who borrows phrases from somebody else.

The democrats have a potential candidate who is a murderer, a serial pathological liar, and a feckless politician with a record of confirmed failure. By targeting Melania Trump, the democrats expose themselves as a party with no success, no leadership, and no courage. They confirm that they have no issues to champion and no causes to support(unless, of course, you include BLM, The New Black Panthers, and welfare) and no plan for making our country as great as it used to be. All they can do is stand around like a bunch of first graders and complain and try to blame everybody else on the playground for their miserable failures but themselves.

Not much of a fall guy. In allowing the speechwriter to make this statement the campaign is admitting that Trump stood next to his wife on national television while she lied about writing the speech and they committed plagiarism out of her love of the Obamas.

Back
Top Bottom