• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania Trump Orders Removal of Near-200-Year-Old Tree From White House [W:451]

Moderator's Warning:
Notice the thread topic? Stick to it and cease the personal crap or I will start your New Years on a sour note.

That's the Trumps for ya: if it can't be made into money, it needs to go.

So a tree that was over 200 years old, crumbling under its own weight and almost completely rotted out on one side. Was perfectly fine where it stood?

Not to mention they were told that removing it was the best course of action and yet its still the right reason to just say **** Trump?

So a tree that was over 200 years old, crumbling under its own weight and almost completely rotted out on one side. Was perfectly fine where it stood?

Not to mention they were told that removing it was the best course of action and yet its still the right reason to just say **** Trump?

I believe the words "There is no chance of long term survival" were used.

And "DANGER!"

To me, it was a "well duh" moment. Tree was rotting, Had been propped and such for decades. It was a safety hazard.

I am not sure how "Melania Trump orders" is even in the discussion. What she should be deciding is how to distribute the "remains"

To me, it was a "well duh" moment. Tree was rotting, Had been propped and such for decades. It was a safety hazard.

I am not sure how "Melania Trump orders" is even in the discussion. What she should be deciding is how to distribute the "remains"

They could have the tree preserved in a viewable state and placed in a museum to the president who planted it.

Or have the usable wood carved into something presentable inside the white house. To be on display for the rest of its foreseeable years.

They could have the tree preserved in a viewable state and placed in a museum to the president who planted it.

Or have the usable wood carved into something presentable inside the white house. To be on display for the rest of its foreseeable years.

Aren't they having the usable wood preserved?

And the saplings from the original tree are growing (I think they said the trees are now 8-10 feet.

The tree was rotting. Filled with cement to stabilize along with wires.

He is just a kid, no need to pull him into this discussion, he is innocent in all of this. Unlike his uncles dimwit one and dimwit two.

Who are you talking about?

Does Trump have his brothers working with him?

Who are you talking about?

Does Trump have his brothers working with him?

Ditmit one and two are his uncles so obviously I was talking about Barron

Ditmit one and two are his uncles so obviously I was talking about Barron

An uncle of Baron would be a brother of his father. I don't remember any brothers of Donald Trump working in the administration or even be talked about.

That's typically what happens to historic wood. In addition it would not surprise me to learn that one of the saplings lives on at the Jackson residence/museum.

An uncle of Baron would be a brother of his father. I don't remember any brothers of Donald Trump working in the administration or even be talked about.

Yep.

Even they know they need to stay away from the Orange Time Bomb.

Sorry, you are right, it is older brother idiot one and older brother idiot two. Not uncles, you are totally right. My mistake.

I'm sad for the tree as I've seen historically consequential trees taken down in my lifetime. But that said, this isn't on Mrs. Trump. She sought the advice of experts and took it. If the thing was a safety hazard, then sadly, it needs to go. It doesn't sound like she had the thing removed to be a bitch, a nasty person, or any other nefarious reason. She is doing what she feels is right, and after reading the OP, I have to agree with her. Again, it's sad, but it has to be done.

Aren't they having the usable wood preserved?

And the saplings from the original tree are growing (I think they said the trees are now 8-10 feet.

The tree was rotting. Filled with cement to stabilize along with wires.

One has to wonder if it was really more a construction project, then a tree at that point.

That's typically what happens to historic wood. In addition it would not surprise me to learn that one of the saplings lives on at the Jackson residence/museum.

A few of them do, I believe.

Which begs the question, why are they having such a hissy fit. When an actual piece of this tree is still surviving, while the whole is almost completely dead?

A few of them do, I believe.

Which begs the question, why are they having such a hissy fit. When an actual piece of this tree is still surviving, while the whole is almost completely dead?

It feels good.

And feelings are everything in Victim Culture.

I wish they would deport Melania back to Transylvania.....Rather than cut down a beautiful tree

I cant believe were up to 47 pages about a dying tree getting cut down

Bannon says Melania cried on Election night...and they weren't tears of joy...She hates being the "first lady" and wants to back to her village in Transylvania...Is Bannon lying?

A prostitute?...Hardly, Transylvanian women sell themselves to the highest bidders only...Melania fetched a good price from trump...She is a trophy wife bought and paid for...But not a Prostitute

... if that's the case, you got out bided trying to get her (assuming she broke your heart and went with someone with money). Anyway, jokes aside, you still need to answer on what she did to you that has you so distressed. Forget Trump, he's not the subject. Just Melania.

... if that's the case, you got out bided trying to get her (assuming she broke your heart and went with someone with money). Anyway, jokes aside, you still need to answer on what she did to you that has you so distressed. Forget Trump, he's not the subject. Just Melania.

What?....I like most Americans don't purchase trophy wives from Transylvania...trump did...Is this something you want to do?

What?....I like most Americans don't purchase trophy wives from Transylvania...trump did...Is this something you want to do?

Hey, if you want to help a brother out, I'd say hell yeah to that. I'm not married, but like many Americans, I'm not desperate. Now, if Melania wasn't married and didn't have a kid, and was impressed by the amount of money I've made, along with my successes, and would like to be with me (and was 10 years younger), I'm game, so I'm not going to lie about that. She is a beautiful woman, but woman who has class and has been nothing but nice (no matter where she came from). I still think you're a little jealous of Trump, but that's ok (that's human). Anyway, what is it that you have against her (again, forget Trump, he's not the subject)? Or is it you enjoying living in hate that you can't have any decency to give someone a break who has done nothing to provoke or enrage anyone?

Hey, if you want to help a brother out, I'd say hell yeah to that. I'm not married, but like many Americans, I'm not desperate. Now, if Melania wasn't married and didn't have a kid, and was impressed by the amount of money I've made, along with my successes, and would like to be with me (and was 10 years younger), I'm game, so I'm not going to lie about that. She is a beautiful woman, but woman who has class and has been nothing but nice (no matter where she came from). I still think you're a little jealous of Trump, but that's ok (that's human). Anyway, what is it that you have against her (again, forget Trump, he's not the subject)? Or is it you enjoying living in hate that you can't have any decency to give someone a break who has done nothing to provoke or enrage anyone?

Funny to see you rush to defend Melania...Give up your pathetic dreams....She only goes after the big money...Something you no doubt don't have.....Maybe you can be her valet

Back
Top Bottom