• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Melania plagiarized Michelle Obama

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Here’s the key moment in Trump’s speech tonight:

My parents impressed on me the value of that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. Show the values and morals in in the daily life. That is the lesson that we continue to pass on to our son.

We need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. [Cheering] Because we want our children in these nations to know that the only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

And this is from Michelle Obama’s speech in 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/755251813989904384/video/1
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox....ump-michelle-obama?client=ms-android-verizon#

Holy ****. This is unreal.

Somebody on Trump's campaign screwed the pooch on this deal.

Except that these are all well-worn platitudes not unique to either woman.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist kind of guy, but it's pretty blatant that that part of the speech is copied.

Except that these are all well-worn platitudes not unique to either woman.

You can't be serious. THAT was plagiarized. I doubt she did this, but the similarities are astounding. This is a major scandal. Let's see how this is handled.

How? Did she stick a battle ship in the rear of her panties?

You can't be serious. THAT was plagiarized. I doubt she did this, but the similarities are astounding. This is a major scandal. Let's see how this is handled.

It... really isn't.

It's tasteless and incompetent, but that's what I've come to expect from the Trump campaign. On the long list of ills he's committed during his campaign, this is sitting somewhere around, "Oh. Business as usual, I guess." Talking about the insanity of his platform is a far more worthy scandal than this.

It... really isn't.

It's tasteless and incompetent, but that's what I've come to expect from the Trump campaign. On the long list of ills he's committed during his campaign, this is sitting somewhere around, "Oh. Business as usual, I guess." Talking about the insanity of his platform is a far more worthy scandal than this.

This dog will hunt. Trump has to address this. His wife looks like a buffoon.

The speeches look too close to be coincidental. It's almost line for line....yeesh. How did that happen?

This dog will hunt. Trump has to address this. His wife looks like a buffoon.

So has the entirety of the Trump campaign since the beginning. And?

This is not some kind of barn burner compared to, like, the stuff he's actually proposed doing. And the fact that we get distracted by stuff like this is part of how he's gotten this far.

The best part is, she told Matt Lauer she 'wrote it herself with not much help'

Incompetent speechwriter, incompetent campaign, incompetent candidate.

Here’s the key moment in Trump’s speech tonight:

My parents impressed on me the value of that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. Show the values and morals in in the daily life. That is the lesson that we continue to pass on to our son.

We need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. [Cheering] Because we want our children in these nations to know that the only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

And this is from Michelle Obama’s speech in 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/status/755251813989904384/video/1
https://www.google.com/amp/www.vox....ump-michelle-obama?client=ms-android-verizon#

Holy ****. This is unreal.

Somebody on Trump's campaign screwed the pooch on this deal.
They are extremely similar, except that Melania is certainly no Michele Obama! Not even close.

If it was Michele Obama who had done that...the right wing would've ripped her apart. So why should Melania get a pass?

If it was Michele Obama who had done that...the right wing would've ripped her apart. So why should Melania get a pass?

It would have been Michelle of Arc.

Boy, isn't that the case.

The only winger here to comment so far is pretending it's not plagiarism- just coincidence.

Apparently marching orders have not been issued yet.

Because she couldn't come up with anything original.
In all fairness though, besides Obama few in public life in this capacity write their own speeches (or books).

Boy, isn't that the case.

The only winger here to comment so far is pretending it's not plagiarism- just coincidence.

Apparently marching orders have not been issued yet.

This turd can't be polished. Someone will get fired.

I find it interesting that a full hour into the scandal, Fox News is the only network who hasn't picked up the story.

Guess they are waiting for Roger Ailes to finish his 'activities' after reviewing the tape?

No surprise, this hasn't appeared on the Fake News radar yet.

Back
Top Bottom