• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania entered the political fray? Is she fair game for Media?

• Total voters
She entered the political fray a long time ago with the whole "Cyber Bullying" thing with her Husband being a key cyber bully. She's been fair game ever since, so I disagree this is the first time she has been free game.

That's not politics, the bullying thing. That alone doesn't make her 'fair game', unless she uses politics to advance her cause. And no, just being the wife of the President doesn't make everything she does political.

Oh, it’s on now......

That's not politics, the bullying thing. That alone doesn't make her 'fair game', unless she uses politics to advance her cause. And no, just being the wife of the President doesn't make everything she does political.

She tried to make a call against cyber bullying using her position when her husband is the biggest cyber bully of them all. That DOES make her fair game for her hypocrisy in the very least.

Melania Trump became fair game when she first campaigned for her husband.

Yes. Members of the media started going after Jackie Kennedy, including suggesting affairs, when that was her husband''s balliwick, Then John died a martyr's death and they backed off. It turned out later that those machinations were created by Rose Kennedy who suspected a coming divorce, which turned out to be true. A month prior to Jack's assassination, Jackie had engaged a well known divorce attorney from Texas where the clan had no influence, presenting him with a dossier about Marilyn Monroe and another with other liaisons discovered and documented by a PI Jackie had hired. Her goal, keeping custody of her children.

Toward the end of WWII and even after FDR's death, certain members of the media went after Eleanor Roosevelt, citing her as a lesbian communist. She responded by killing them with kindness. Whatever her personal choices, she was a great woman who loved her country. But some never forgave her for pushing integration of the armed forces.

Louisa Catherine Johnson Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams, our 6th president was accused by the media supporting his opposition, accused her of being a Tory and a spy. She was also an immigrant.

Andy Jackson's wife is a story in and of herself, as are the many duels he fought over her honor while serving the nation.

First ladies are not voted into office, they are in place, regardless of their own desires, to support their husbands, and therefore not fair game. However our press believes everyone is a fair target because as the self appointed 4th estate the people have a right to know, including whatever lies the 4th estate holds as true. They claim the public has the right to know, and I call BS. Nothing is written in the Constitution or any other laws giving the people the right to know. WWII releases of information proved that true. People were given false data to confuse the enemy. No one who was patriotic complained.

The people may want to know, there is no right to know. The same with First Ladies. The people may want to know, especially the prurient, but there is no right to know her favorite underwear or choice of toilet paper.

Okay...

I meant, a first lady publicly calling for an administration official to be fired.

The more I think about it, the funnier it is.

If there was one thing the Trump clown car did not need ... it was another Trump to share driving duties.

But here we are.

lololol

My thoughts are by going public with an official press release prior to one being fired, stating they do not deserve to serve in the WH, well she has entered the fray

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...-aide-no-longer-deserves-the-honor-of-serving

Yes – Explain

No – Explain

Unsure – Explain

Irrelevant poll.

She has always been fair game to people in the Multimedia echo chamber. Heck, some of them even think Barron is fair game.

Moving on...

She tried to make a call against cyber bullying using her position when her husband is the biggest cyber bully of them all. That DOES make her fair game.

No it does not. Not unless you say Trump being a bully is something she has to answer for.
Why does anyone want to make her 'fair game' anyway? Not like she's ever going to be allowed to have any significance.

Well she is now fair game, unlike Michelle was. The hate, the racist memes were just plain disgusting. Glad I live in a Country where that would not be tolerated by the PM, Cabinet and so on

Just last month my wife and I were in Victoria for a week. As always Canada was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively. We went to Canada for a week to wind down from another brutally hot summer. Having been to Canada many times we knew we'd enjoy it.

Life in the US is full of angst these days. It's palpable. We're becoming jaded here in the US. What a difference it was this time in Canada. We didn't expect to feel the difference. It was difficult to leave.

No it does not. Not unless you say Trump being a bully is something she has to answer for.

If you say you are against cyber bullying as first lady, yet you say NOTHING about your husband who is the biggest cyber bully, yes you are free game.

Why does anyone want to make her 'fair game' anyway? Not like she's ever going to be allowed to have any significance.

To point out her hypocrisy using her position, yet says nothing about her own husband who is the biggest cyber bully of all using his position to do it.

Melania Trump became fair game when she first campaigned for her husband.

Remind me of her campaign contribution. Unless standing behind Trump's shoulder and politely applauding when appropriate counts.

My thoughts are by going public with an official press release prior to one being fired, stating they do not deserve to serve in the WH, well she has entered the fray

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...-aide-no-longer-deserves-the-honor-of-serving

Yes – Explain

No – Explain

Unsure – Explain
Sure, fine, why not, you guys have been creaming your jeans to go after her. Go ahead, drop to levels unknown to mankind because she criticized someone in her own husband's administration.

If you say you are against cyber bullying as first lady, yet you say NOTHING about your husband who is the biggest cyber bully, yes you are free game.

To point out her hypocrisy using her position, yet says nothing about her own husband who is the biggest cyber bully of all using his position to do it.

Are you asking Melania Trump to call her husband, President Trump, a bully and what, berate him? Point at him, make accusations, provide examples? You think the fact she hasn't makes her 'fair game'? Fair game for what? What should the media do that would make you nod and say it's justice happening?

Irrelevant poll.

Nope- wrong again- the poll is for members.

She has always been fair game to people in the Multimedia echo chamber. Heck, some of them even think Barron is fair game.
For some, not MSM, and not the crap the Michelle went thru

Moving on...
CYA

She has out-polled her husband in popularity and should just show some class and let him do whatever it is he does. Melania should Be Best, maybe?

Are you asking Melania Trump to call her husband, President Trump, a bully and what, berate him? Point at him, make accusations, provide examples? You think the fact she hasn't makes her 'fair game'? Fair game for what? What should the media do that would make you nod and say it's justice happening?

Think what you are saying for a moment. You are essentially saying a first lady should say "racism is bad" with her husband being in the KKK and you are saying she isn't fair game. Think man, think.

Remind me of her campaign contribution. Unless standing behind Trump's shoulder and politely applauding when appropriate counts.

Technically she campaigned for Trump in 2000, when she appeared with him while he campaigned for that year's Reform Party presidential nomination.

In November 2015, she was asked about her husband's presidential campaign and replied: "I encouraged him because I know what he will do and what he can do for America. He loves the American people and he wants to help them."

In July 2016, she gave a speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

Just last month my wife and I were in Victoria for a week. As always Canada was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively. We went to Canada for a week to wind down from another brutally hot summer. Having been to Canada many times we knew we'd enjoy it.

Life in the US is full of angst these days. It's palpable. We're becoming jaded here in the US. What a difference it was this time in Canada. We didn't expect to feel the difference. It was difficult to leave.

Well sometime you should visit PEI/NS. We on the east coast consider those in Victoria, Vancouver lower mainland to be a tad hyper.

The first lady’s staff clashed with Ricardel during a trip to Africa last month over plane seating.

Over plane seating? Did someone have to ride on the wing?

Sounds a little bit of someone being a special diva. Regardless it is odd she felt there was a need for issuing a public statement. Doesn't she have Twitter?

Okay...

I meant, a first lady publicly calling for an administration official to be fired.

Each of the first ladies mentioned did so. Eleanor Roosevelt, six different times and individuals.

Irrelevant poll.

Moving on...

I haven't encountered anyone on here who thinks Barron is "fair game."

not the crap the Michelle went thru

I still like Michelle, a tough cookie who knows how to kill with kindness, she reminds me of mama bear protecting her cubs. The ancient Jews, among others in North Africa, believed the bear was the king of the jungle, because mama was so fierce. In fact the dame Dov, which means bear, is respected as guardian of his people.

I'd vote for Michelle as president. Some people naturally gain respect. She's one of them.

Thing is she was a problem child, well according to the press.
More info in the link
Regardless, Melania IMHO is fair game. Unless I am convinced otherwise. I previously considered her off limits. Now, no

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...le-main_trumpricardel-345p:homepage/story-ans

My understanding is this argument with Mira and Melania escalated during her trip to Africa not providing support for the First Lady during the trip. Also the First Lady's staff which is relatively small compared to former First Ladies, and her two closest aides are often left off of Air Force One when traveling overseas which Mira has a hand in such plans. They should be on the same plane with the First Lady. I also heard about her undermining Mattis. Will she stay or will she go? My guess she is packing up her office as I type this.

I still like Michelle, a tough cookie who knows how to kill with kindness, she reminds me of mama bear protecting her cubs. The ancient Jews, among others in North Africa, believed the bear was the king of the jungle, because mama was so fierce. In fact the dame Dov, which means bear, is respected as guardian of his people.

I'd vote for Michelle as president. Some people naturally gain respect. She's one of them.

Back in ‘08, Barack got a lot of black women votes because of Michelle. I remember reading about it because then abandoned Hilllary. And it wasn’t because they liked Barack.

melania has shown herself to be the closest thing to 'normal' that adult family has to offer
being the spouse of donald tRump has likely offered her a valid perspective on bullying
it surprised me when she preserved Michelle's white house garden ... but then she even copied Michelle's first-lady speech
to me, michelle has been the only of-age member of the clan not to be found embarrassing
the woman with whom she argued is bolton's aide. if the aide is anything as unrealistic as bolton then i can understand the reason for argument
press accounts indicate an ongoing pattern of disrespect. lodging and seating arrangements for michelle's staff have gone unmade
michelle was pissed that her senior staff did not get the promotions she recommended to kelly while kelly's staff received their promotions
apparently a word from the president was required for kelly to correct that disparity
when someone like michelle is used to being catered to, it is not surprising she may not appreciate it when her wants and needs go lacking by the very staff who are supposed to attend to her

Back
Top Bottom