• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mel Gibson

He was ranting when he said it so - yeah. It was a rant inclusive of a racial slur.

Saying nigger is considered a 'racist rant' now?

@ RivRat -- you missed something.
Like what?

assuming a gang of n*ggers would rape her is certainly racist, isn't it?
Assuming? He's not assuming ****. He's saying that IF a group of ****tards rape her, it's "her" fault due to being dressed provacatively. (which is stupid for another reason entirely, he's obviously jealous) But, If a group of guys DID rape her, they WOULD be niggers for doing that.

He was ranting when he said it so - yeah. It was a rant inclusive of a racial slur.

That's not a racist rant. I expected to hear him going on and on in a derogatory manner about some racial group of people. THAT would be a racist rant. But namecalling is hardly a racist rant.

At least get all self-righteous for the right reasons.

Last edited:
*Sigh*

It seems to be common practice to parse people's words and pounce on them.

Parse/Pounce/Parse/Pounce/Parse/Pounce. Yikes!

Has lost his ever-lovin mind.

Don't hit play if insanity makes you nervous.

WORLD EXCLUSIVE AUDIO: Mel Gibson's Explosive Racist Rant -- Listen To It Here | RadarOnline.com

First time I had a chance to hear the actual recording. Am guessing this isn't going to be the popular response to the thread but i was somewhat underwhelmed. Just from the news reports was thinking it was something a lot worse.

Not a doctor (and never played one on TV)....but it sounded like he was drunk and clumsily trying to hurt someone with words that he does or did once care about. Have been there before (on both sides of the equation) to some degree.

And that dropping the n-bomb in the middle came across more as an after thought. Hardly qualified the overall spew as a "racist rant".

But.....with all that said. Gibson screwed up. The actions can only hurt his career. (and he prolly ain't gonna be getting any sugar from that girlfriend anytime soon....;))

IMO the second tape was much worse. But this 'career hurt' is only temporary. He'll be back. They always are.

But.....with all that said. Gibson screwed up. The actions can only hurt his career.

Like what?

Assuming? He's not assuming ****. He's saying that IF a group of ****tards rape her, it's "her" fault due to being dressed provacatively. (which is stupid for another reason entirely, he's obviously jealous) But, If a group of guys DID rape her, they WOULD be niggers for doing that.

you know what? you might be right...maybe i'm judging him on his past anti jew rants.

Not a doctor (and never played one on TV)....

but more importantly, did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express?

anyway to the subject matter..
in my armchair analytical point of view, which is from a clipped audio segment of her in apparent subservience(though something tells me there is certainly more to this), i believe he's bipolar and possibly out of whatever keeps it in check..

Yeah, something is seriously wrong with him. I'm thinking booze and drugs.

I'm thinking the booze and drugs were his attempt to fix what is seriously wrong with him.:) I honestly feel bad for the guy because he's obviously in need of some serious self-reflection and some serious repair work. Been there, done that.

Pretty sure its illegal for her to record these without his knowledge. They are pretty damn bad though.

States Requiring Two Party Notification
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida Massachusetts
Maryland
Michigan
Montana New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

One wonders why he doesn't sue her for releasing them...

States Requiring Two Party Notification
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida Massachusetts
Maryland
Michigan
Montana New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

One wonders why he doesn't sue her for releasing them...

I know Illinois does. Not sure your list is accurate

I thought the same - but maybe she's trying to protect herself if anything untoward does happen to her. Well. I think getting punched in the face and losing two teeth while holding one's infant does qualify as it already having happened.

I'm not a big fan of confrontation, so I would have opened with "I'm recording this call. If you object, hang up now. By continuing to stay on the line, you are giving me permission to record this call." If he blustered on for more than five seconds, I would then hang up.

I'm from Minnesota but because we were calling all over the States, we always had to end our notification with "... and this call may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance."

I know Illinois does. Not sure your list is accurate

@ Noodle -- I thought the same thing even as I posted it. I live in Illinois. Should have checked. Their website itself is contradictory, saying this: "12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington." American Legal Guide on Recording Telephone Conversations (USA) Dang it!

He is a total beast. What a creep!

As far as the two-party notification of recordings, that's a technicality. I'm glad Mel was revealed to be the slimy, misogynistic, racist that he is. He blamed his anti-Jewish rant on alcohol previously. Then he used the phrase "pack of niggers" and "wetback" is these rants. No, they weren't racist rants, but his usage of those terms shows his mindset. I know that I never use that type of terminology. I'm sure he uses the term "kike" as well.

I went to school with Alan Neirob, his publicist, and the son of Holocaust survivors. Nicest guy in the world. I wonder his spin on all this.

I think he needs a long stay in an inpatient mental health facility.

Yup. Get him stabilized.

Back
Top Bottom