• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at [W:101]

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WATCH: Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias’ at Fox
Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at Fox

“Fox News host Megyn Kelly insisted in an interview over the weekend that her network had no “right-wing bias,” and that it was, in fact, “fair and balanced” like the slogan said.

While speaking to CBS host Charlie Rose from her studio recently, the Fox News host blasted “most of news” for having a “left-leaning bias.”

“You don’t believe there is a right-wing bias at Fox, a conservative bias at Fox?” Rose interrupted.

“No,” Kelly quickly replied. “No, I don’t. I think that Fox News is fair and balanced. And I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology.”

“Truth in media”……………….Not a Faux, ‘fersure
ALSO SEE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzASs7VUu1I&feature=player_embedded

Her summary was accurate.

Note she was distinguishing the conservative evening show hosts from the news reporting. As she states the conservative show hosts do not hide their ideology of leaning to the Right.

Also think MSNBC does a valid objective job in their news reporting. Which isn't to suggest that Maddow and the rest of the evening show hosts don't have a strong Left ideology.

Hypocritical leftists...

Most news is left wing bias but it is a huge crime for one to be right wing bias..

everyone knows that Fox is a Republican commercial and MSNBC is a Democratic commercial, even those on both sides who deny it. there's no point even debating it.

“You don’t believe there is a right-wing bias at Fox, a conservative bias at Fox?” Rose interrupted.

“No,” Kelly quickly replied. “No, I don’t. I think that Fox News is fair and balanced. And I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology.”

If I dropped that, I'd invite someone in to witness my accomplishment before flushing.

I mean...that's impressive

WATCH: Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias’ at Fox
Megyn Kelly manages to keep a straight face while denying ‘right-wing bias at Fox

“Fox News host Megyn Kelly insisted in an interview over the weekend that her network had no “right-wing bias,” and that it was, in fact, “fair and balanced” like the slogan said.

While speaking to CBS host Charlie Rose from her studio recently, the Fox News host blasted “most of news” for having a “left-leaning bias.”

ALSO SEE:

And what she said was absolutely true. I will watch the Fox News news reports. As she pointed out, And I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology. Sean Hannity and some of the others host opinion shows, and they make no secret of it. Bret Baier's show has no bias. Megyn Kelly, who I've watched a few times since the debates, isn't very biased.

By the way, for a "conservative" you sure do love to quote from left leaning sites. You do it all the time all over this board. I never saw a "conservative" who's so fascinated with and believing of the opinion of the far left.

And what she said was absolutely true. I will watch the Fox News news reports. As she pointed out, And I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology. Sean Hannity and some of the others host opinion shows, and they make no secret of it. Bret Baier's show has no bias. Megyn Kelly, who I've watched a few times since the debates, isn't very biased.

By the way, for a "conservative" you sure do love to quote from left leaning sites. You do it all the time all over this board. I never saw a "conservative" who's so fascinated with and believing of the opinion of the far left.

You can truly sit here and say that Megyn Kelly reporting doesn't lean right ????

Since it is impossible for anybody not named Mr. Spock NOT have a bias one way or the other, I'd have to say Megyn Kelly leans right.

Oh ? Is it warm in De Nile ?

Never heard of the Moody memos ?

"Two days after the 2006 election, The Huffington Post reported that its news department had acquired a copy of a leaked internal memo from Mr. Moody that recommended the following: "…[L]et's be on the lookout for any statements from the Iraqi insurgents, who must be thrilled at the prospect of a Dem-controlled congress." Within hours of the memo's publication, Fox News anchor Martha McCallum, went on-air on the program The Live Desk with reports of Iraqi insurgents cheering the firing of Donald Rumsfeld and the results of the 2006 congressional election."

I was watching the show when she said it...and I can confirm that she kept a totally straight face. Never flinched or looked away.

I thought there was an initial subtle reaction from Charlie...but he suppressed it.

Megan is a looker; very intelligent; very quick on her feet...but she obviously is blind when it comes to FoxNEWS.

I was watching the show when she said it...and I can confirm that she kept a totally straight face. Never flinched or looked away.

I thought there was an initial subtle reaction from Charlie...but he suppressed it.

Megan is a looker; very intelligent; very quick on her feet...but she obviously is blind when it comes to FoxNEWS.

Blind to the hand that feeds her. Or she could just be suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

In all fairness Faux Noise is not a news network as it claims..............of all the 24 hour day.......the only thing Faux can call news is the AP crawl at the bottom of the screen

In all fairness Faux Noise is not a news network as it claims..............of all the 24 hour day.......the only thing Faux can call news is the AP crawl at the bottom of the screen

"Faux" News? Interesting that a "conservative" uses far left kiddie names to attack an entire network of programming.

Maybe if you watched a couple of shows instead of relying on far left websites to do your thinking for you you'd know that your post is a lie. Most of the evening programs are opinion. They make NO claims to the contrary. MANY of the news programs are news programs.

Why do you keep pretending you're a conservative, BTW? Just curious.

"Faux" News? Interesting that a "conservative" uses far left kiddie names to attack an entire network of programming.

Maybe if you watched a couple of shows instead of relying on far left websites to do your thinking for you you'd know that your post is a lie. Most of the evening programs are opinion. They make NO claims to the contrary. MANY of the news programs are news programs.

Titles like "moderate" "conservative" and "liberal" are ALL questionable.

Since it is impossible for anybody not named Mr. Spock NOT have a bias one way or the other, I'd have to say Megyn Kelly leans right.

Spock was biased- he always favored logic. ;)

Fox does report a few minutes of unbiased news per day. The rest of the day is filled with right leaning blabber. They do invite some left leaning pundits for appearance, but sadly, they aren't allowed to speak for very long.
Kelly knows exactly what questions to ask to get the responses she wants to hear.
As any news, Fox is to be taken with a grain of salt. Dig deeper and never depend on one source for information.

t
As a matter of fact, I watch Faux on a daily basis so I can stay up on the latest GOP talking points.........and read Red State, WND, Breitbart, The Caller to name a few............What liberal sites do you read from..............or watch MSNBC, CNN.................eh?

Your problem is you do not like the news reports demonstrating what today Conservatism really is...................Is not the case?

t
As a matter of fact, I watch Faux on a daily basis so I can stay up on the latest GOP talking points.........and read Red State, WND, Breitbart, The Caller to name a few............What liberal sites do you read from..............or watch MSNBC, CNN.................eh?

Your problem is you do not like the news reports demonstrating what today Conservatism really is...................Is not the case?

I watch.....MSNBC every...morning.....as I've posted here oh, about 10000 times. I also....watch Chris Hayes....as I've also posted here.....and I watch...Chris Matthews....which I've also posted.....here and I watch CNN and MSNBC on the.....weekends. Unlike you....I don't watch....Fox News except when I watch.....Bret Baier....who you obviously don't watch.

I watch.....MSNBC every...morning.....as I've posted here oh, about 10000 times. I also....watch Chris Hayes....as I've also posted here.....and I watch...Chris Matthews....which I've also posted.....here and I watch CNN and MSNBC on the.....weekends. Unlike you....I don't watch....Fox News except when I watch.....Bret Baier....who you obviously don't watch.

I've seen Bret Bair...............like so what............Faux is RW fog horn that ........... searching for a word.................lies thru its teeth..........

Are you aware that Roger Ailes daily sends a memo to all the talking heads on what news will be covered and how they should report it?

Now tell me.............how fair and balanced is that?

I've seen Bret Bair...............like so what............Faux is RW fog horn that ........... searching for a word.................lies thru its teeth..........

Are you aware that Roger Ailes daily sends a memo to all the talking heads on what news will be covered and how they should report it?

Now tell me.............how fair and balanced is that?

I'm being rude to you and making fun of your ellipses and for that I apologize. Plus I have no points/infractions and don't need any.

So as to your post, I don't know what Roger Ailes sends to his staff. Nor do you. You and I don't work there. I only dwell on things I could possibly find out, and it's not relevant anyway. I watch Bret Baier's show now that Al Sharpton lost his gig, and except for the 3 person panel at the end, it's not an opinion show. His report of the news is no different than what Andrea Mitchell reports on MSNBC in the early afternoon. News is news. Baier doesn't lie.

You claim to be a conservative yet admit you disagree with every conservative pundit and claim that all your left wing, far left sources are accurate. If you agree with them, then either you think you as a conservative are a bad, stupid, evil person, or you're lying about being a conservative.

I'm being rude to you and making fun of your ellipses and for that I apologize. Plus I have no points/infractions and don't need any.

So as to your post, I don't know what Roger Ailes sends to his staff. Nor do you. You and I don't work there. I only dwell on things I could possibly find out, and it's not relevant anyway. I watch Bret Baier's show now that Al Sharpton lost his gig, and except for the 3 person panel at the end, it's not an opinion show. His report of the news is no different than what Andrea Mitchell reports on MSNBC in the early afternoon. News is news. Baier doesn't lie.

You claim to be a conservative yet admit you disagree with every conservative pundit and claim that all your left wing, far left sources are accurate. If you agree with them, then either you think you as a conservative are a bad, stupid, evil person, or you're lying about being a conservative.

This coming from someone who claims to be a moderate???

Anyway...I am shocked that Megyn Kelly was able to keep a straight face when responding to Rose's question. And I admire that he did not laugh out loud in response.

I take no offense and I am old enough to like and know who I am…………. I see most criticism as friendly back and forth…….

But Roger Ailes does what he does and has been widely reported……. Bret is OK and seems to be straight up…………. But is still told what stories he will and/or will not be allowed to cover….. And I did not say Bret lies………… I said Faux is less that truthful………. There’s a difference

Here’s where I am coming from …………

I believe everything written is less than truthful……………. unless I can verify the facts from an independent source …………. And I make NO judgement on folks……….as you seem to think……..I try to treat others as I expect to be treated and believe folks share themselves honestly…………

I come from a 3 generation GOP family and began my political life as a Goldwater conservative………. And remain so today…… I am deeply troubled by the folks who took over the GOP and what they demand to be called conservativism……….
Please don’t try and tell me who I am…………. Because you do not have the right to do so …………..nor do you have any idea of who/what I am…….
I hold no animosity towards anyone who posts here…….and the ones I cannot deal with for various reasons I do not reply to their twaddle……..

May the force be with you…….;)

I take no offense and I am old enough to like and know who I am…………. I see most criticism as friendly back and forth…….

But Roger Ailes does what he does and has been widely reported……. Bret is OK and seems to be straight up…………. But is still told what stories he will and/or will not be allowed to cover….. And I did not say Bret lies………… I said Faux is less that truthful………. There’s a difference

Here’s where I am coming from …………

I believe everything written is less than truthful……………. unless I can verify the facts from an independent source …………. And I make NO judgement on folks……….as you seem to think……..I try to treat others as I expect to be treated and believe folks share themselves honestly…………

I come from a 3 generation GOP family and began my political life as a Goldwater conservative………. And remain so today…… I am deeply troubled by the folks who took over the GOP and what they demand to be called conservativism……….
Please don’t try and tell me who I am…………. Because you do not have the right to do so …………..nor do you have any idea of who/what I am…….
I hold no animosity towards anyone who posts here…….and the ones I cannot deal with for various reasons I do not reply to their twaddle……..

May the force be with you…….;)

Goldwater was before my time (sadly) but I would have been a Goldwater girl had I been aware then. I was very young when he ran. My parents were Goldwater fans.

Fox News lies to the same degree that the other networks lie, which IMO is a lot. Bret Baier is a Godsend to that network. Shep Smith isn't so bad either but I don't get to watch him much. I never watch the morning shows, like Fox and Friends. Too non-cerebral for me. I would watch Megyn Kelly because I appreciate how she exposed Trump for the POS that he is, but my brain gets fried helping 3 kids with homework, so at night I tend to not watch political shows.

If you're calling yourself a Goldwater conservative, I'll take your word for it, except even the Goldwater folks don't tend to gravitate to left wing sites. The opposite of today's conservative isn't far left.

The force is always with me.

Goldwater was before my time (sadly) but I would have been a Goldwater girl had I been aware then. I was very young when he ran. My parents were Goldwater fans.

Fox News lies to the same degree that the other networks lie, which IMO is a lot. Bret Baier is a Godsend to that network. Shep Smith isn't so bad either but I don't get to watch him much. I never watch the morning shows, like Fox and Friends. Too non-cerebral for me. I would watch Megyn Kelly because I appreciate how she exposed Trump for the POS that he is, but my brain gets fried helping 3 kids with homework, so at night I tend to not watch political shows.

If you're calling yourself a Goldwater conservative, I'll take your word for it, except even the Goldwater folks don't tend to gravitate to left wing sites. The opposite of today's conservative isn't far left.

The force is always with me.

All those "left wing" sites do is report news reports from MSM sources............ They just collect them...............I could substitute the link from the MSM source but chose to provide the secondary source too..........like in being "intellectually honest"........

I am glad the source is with you and always has........

Best to you.........:)

ALSO SEE:

She was referring to "News" not opinion programming.

Kelly: "I do believe there's a left leaning bias in news... in most of news."

Rose: “You don’t believe there is a right-wing bias at Fox?"

Kelly: "No."

Rose: "a conservative bias at Fox?”

Kelly: “No, I don’t. I think that Fox News is fair and balanced. And I think the conservatives who are on air here make no bones about their ideology.”

Leave it to a liberal website to take her words out of context, and a phony conservative to spread their dishonesty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom