• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megyn Kelly in GQ

airbrushing......

Megyn-Kelly.jpg

She's very hot but is that the best picture they could take of her? Her face looks confused.

While the magazine has not yet made a link available for the story, TVNewser does have some excerpts, including the magazine’s description of the conservative host:

Abhorred by the left, adored by the right, frequently pinata’d by The Daily Show, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has become the very blonde face—and legs—of the network. And she’s okay with that.

And it's good to see that they made sure to mention that she's a conservative host, rather than an actual journalist. At least she knows her place on Fox. Sit there, argue with the libs, look pretty.

I think FOX News hires more babes than any other network combined.

Why is that?

Why is that?
Same reason they use babes to sell beer and cars; men want to watch them and women want to be them.

Why is that?

Because they understand one thing that keeps people watching. If it's pleasing to the eye, people are more likely to watch. Good business tactic.

Because they understand one thing that keeps people watching. If it's pleasing to the eye, people are more likely to watch. Good business tactic.
Although it's kinda sad to see a network that claims to be so fair and balanced to reach for the low-hanging fruit. While effective, titties are not exactly the marketing hallmark of a serious organization.

This, to me, is one more coin in the Populist jar for FOX. They appeal to the lowest common denominator for advertising dollars. Hell, if smashing your face with a hammer were vogue with most Americans, FOX would be up there espousing it's benefits with their hosts proudly showing off their own bruises.

If they hired cute women ONLY because they were cute, I would agree with you Hoplite. Megyn Kelly is incredibly smart and is a great interviewer. They're not just there because of their looks.

If they hired cute women ONLY because they were cute, I would agree with you Hoplite. Megyn Kelly is incredibly smart and is a great interviewer. They're not just there because of their looks.

Megyn Kelly is beautiful, smart and a great interviewer - just as you say. Gretchen Carlson is cute - but that's where the similarities end.

She's smokin'.

FNC should do a swimsuit show.

Really? I have not picked that up from watching her. She seems more hostile and combative than anything else.

Really? I have not picked that up from watching her. She seems more hostile and combative than anything else.

That's because you're used to leftist journalists tossing softballs to politicians who aren't righties. I think she's relatively good at what she does. However, this layout cheapens her. There is no need for a journalist to promote ones self as a sex pot. Women have come too far to fall back on crap like this.

Part of the reason I don't watch Fox News is that it does seem to be a prerequisite that their female talent be young, blonde and pretty. Then you look at the males. Brit Hume looks like Lurch. Bret Baier (sp?) looks like he belongs on one of those Charmin toilet paper commercials (the cartoon bears singing about their bumwad). Bill O'Reilly looks like Gene Hackman's homely brother. I don't need my news people/commentators to be attractive, so it bugs me that it appears to be necessary for the females. It's nothing less than sexist.

I've seen worse. Neil Cavuto is an awful interviewer.

She makes a hobby out of tearing arguments apart and reducing their proponents to tears - which is kind of kinky because she's crazy hot while doing it. She's the toughest interview on TV - unless you're Bwarney Fwank and then I'm sure he'd say O'Reilly. Olbermann is a *****cat - mainly because he's a *****.

Personally, I find I learn more about someone's position when I don't have a journalist trying to score points for the audience wanting a jousting contest.

And he's nothing to look at, either. :? I wish they'd get some decent looking men on board.

Although it's kinda sad to see a network that claims to be so fair and balanced to reach for the low-hanging fruit. While effective, titties are not exactly the marketing hallmark of a serious organization.

This, to me, is one more coin in the Populist jar for FOX. They appeal to the lowest common denominator for advertising dollars. Hell, if smashing your face with a hammer were vogue with most Americans, FOX would be up there espousing it's benefits with their hosts proudly showing off their own bruises.

If they hired women less pretty you would complain because the should find prettier women. No matter what Fox does you will find fault

She is a lawyer and that is how lawyers try to get at the truth

Personally, I find I learn more about someone's position when I don't have a journalist trying to score points for the audience wanting a jousting contest.

I share your sentiment. That's why I never watch Geraldo - the relentless narcissism is most annoying. Megyn Kelly is pretty damn good at sticking to the subject, though.

Sure, but I do get annoyed with how sometimes she wants to get louder and have a "Delay fight" like the rest of them (the art of confusing one's opponent by blurbing two words or so, causing the other person to stop their thought mid-sentence to allow for host interception. when the host doesn't put more into it, the guest continues once more before another joust occurs.)

That's because you're used to leftist journalists tossing softballs to politicians who aren't righties. I think she's relatively good at what she does. However, this layout cheapens her. There is no need for a journalist to promote ones self as a sex pot. Women have come too far to fall back on crap like this.
Ok, are you seriously claiming she doesnt softball?

Oh I'm sure there are worse. But she tends to act like head sorority sister on pledge week and I'm not looking for that in a newscaster.

If they hired women less pretty you would complain because the should find prettier women. No matter what Fox does you will find fault
Not true. I dont care if they hire Quasimodo, as long as he can do the job without turning into a dick for ratings. And I dont honestly care what network she's on, I'd have the same problem with her if she was on FOX, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, or NPR.

She is a lawyer and that is how lawyers try to get at the truth
Except she's not in a court room. And a lot of the time she isnt trying to get to the truth, she'll take someone's point and oversimplify it to where it misses the person's original point.

Last edited:

Why is that?

Eye candy for the angry, dirty old men that watch while clutching onto their guns and Bibles:roll:

Back
Top Bottom