• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meghan McCain on Jan. 6 Consequences: 'I'll Believe It When I See It'

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I know, I know - too many in here think that she's a pig. I'm no super fan of hers either BUT she does make sense once in awhile. As much as I'm afraid that her call about bringing justice to those who once held or are still holding office won't happen, I'm still with fingers crossed that it just might happen.

1650826366164.png
"I would like to see real legal ramifications for what happened on January 6, and who's responsible," Meghan McCain told Newsweek. "I understand why it's not the number one issue for American voters, because they're worried about the economy and Russia and security and safety in major cities. I understand all of that.

"But there still has to be consequences for this behavior and this kind of violence. My fear and my sort of anxiety in this space is just that, I feel like I have been told so many times that this is going to be the moment this is going to be the thing that finally, you know, gets him. This is the lawsuit, this is the whatever this is."

Amid the attack on the Capitol, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California reportedly spoke with Trump by phone to urge him to call off his supporters.

Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler, a Washington Republican, said that Trump responded to McCarthy by saying: "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are."

I know, I know - too many in here think that she's a pig. I'm no super fan of hers either BUT she does make sense once in awhile. As much as I'm afraid that her call about bringing justice to those who once held or are still holding office won't happen, I'm still with fingers crossed that it just might happen.

View attachment 67387306
"I would like to see real legal ramifications for what happened on January 6, and who's responsible," Meghan McCain told Newsweek. "I understand why it's not the number one issue for American voters, because they're worried about the economy and Russia and security and safety in major cities. I understand all of that.

"But there still has to be consequences for this behavior and this kind of violence. My fear and my sort of anxiety in this space is just that, I feel like I have been told so many times that this is going to be the moment this is going to be the thing that finally, you know, gets him. This is the lawsuit, this is the whatever this is."

Amid the attack on the Capitol, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California reportedly spoke with Trump by phone to urge him to call off his supporters.

Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler, a Washington Republican, said that Trump responded to McCarthy by saying: "Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are."
It really should be the number one concern among voters, it's the only problem we have the moment that could literally end the nation.

It really should be the number one concern among voters, it's the only problem we have the moment that could literally end the nation.
True that. I almost set up a poll here asking if members think that 1/6 Investigation will fall short of getting the major players connected to 1/6/21 - that'll stick. As important as this truly is, as you stated, in this crazy world that we live in now, it's not a slam dunk as it should be.

Does the nation's top cable news channel even cover it?

True that. I almost set up a poll here asking if members think that 1/6 Investigation will fall short of getting the major players connected to 1/6/21 - that'll stick. As important as this truly is, as you stated, in this crazy world that we live in now, it's not a slam dunk as it should be.
I agree completely. I do not expect any of the congresscritters or cabinet members to face any real consequences. Maybe barred from office at the most.
LOL @ Stone Tablet and Laugh and Learn.

View attachment 67387306

Personally, seeing justice served on everyone who was involved in the Jan 6th ****ery is up there right behind addressing climate change and the Ukraine/Russia situation.
And sure, the economy.

Trump nation has wanted the whole thing to go away since about 2 PM on Jan 6th.

The rest of the nation has drifted off to preoccupation with gasoline prices.

None the less, I fully expect that the principal participants in the scheme will be identified and documented.

Including, and especlally the skinheads who were involved with the mission to turn a protest into a riot.

And their coorination and communication with the Trump White House and its key allies, before, during, and after,

The role of the committee is to assemble and present the evidence to the general public. It will also put the participants in front of the TV cameras so the nation can watch them squirm, lie, and take the fifth.

Then they can turn the referrals over to the Justice Department.

Back
Top Bottom