• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meghan McCain on Christine O'Donnell

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

On Sunday, I appeared on the D.C. news show This Week with Christiane Amanpour. By the time I had left the show and eaten breakfast at a nearby restaurant, my appearance was already creating an uproar on the Internet.

What had I said that had been so blasphemous? Just my statement on the Republican senatorial candidate for Delaware: "My problem is that, no matter what, Christine O'Donnell is making a mockery of running for public office," I said. "She has no real history, no real success in any kind of business... [the message] that sends to my generation is: One day you can just wake and run for Senate, no matter how [much of] a lack of experience you have. And it scares me for a lot of reasons."

Shocking. A Republican who can see that the Emperor has no clothes.
Meghan McCain on Christine O'Donnell | Political Headlines | Comcast.net

She seems to be doing this a lot. Good for her. Hopefully, good for us.

She's, like, a progressive Republican. She doesn't like any true conservative candidates. And she's also, like, a little too Valley Girl for me.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "true conservative candidates". Everyone I've heard her criticize is over-the-top, drank the Kool-Aid twice insane. You got any examples of "true conservatives" she's gone after?

I think the point she makes in the last paragraph is the key to her stance in my opinion.

It is not the Tea Party as a movement that I have a problem with—people in this country are frustrated and angry—but it is hard for me to take her candidacy seriously and I think it reflects badly on the movement. We are 15 days away from the general election, and as a Republican I hope that we take over control of the House and Senate, but it is hard for me to see Republicans broadening our appeal with a candidate like Christine O’Donnell.

O'Donnell just is the wrong candidate. I did find it interesting how the biggest problem she has with O'Donnell is her thought of the Chinese plot to take over America.

She's, like, a progressive Republican. She doesn't like any true conservative candidates. And she's also, like, a little too Valley Girl for me.

"a little too Valley Girl" . Have no idea how you got that comparison. When I hear Valley Girl I think of someone who is little lite upstairs and says corny things kind of like O'Donnell.

Back
Top Bottom