• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meghan McCain: If Obama had disrespected the military like Trump, 'my head would have exploded'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...bama-had-disrespected-the-military-like-trump

“The View” co-host Meghan McCain on Monday tore into President Trump’s criticism of a retired Navy admiral, urging her fellow conservatives to take it more seriously.

McCain listed a number of Trump’s recent actions that have drawn accusations of disrespect toward the military, saying that if former President Obama had done the same, Republicans would have been outraged.

“We should be intellectually honest here at this table that if President Obama had missed Veterans Day or missed the Armistice ceremony in France for the 100th anniversary of World War I, my head would have exploded right here on this table in front of all of you,” she said.
=========================================================
Trump's obvious & repeated disrespect for our military is making a mockery of the office of President, the commander in chief.

Trump his held to a different standard than other Presidents.

Trump his held to a different standard than other Presidents.

Who was it said, “if not for double-standards, we’d have none at all?”

Didn’t Trump tell Wallace that the reason he has not visited troops in harm’s way is because he doesn’t believe in the reason the troops are there? Esprit de Corps!

The quicker we quit listening to Trump the better off we all will be. (I contend Trump is purposefully saying things just to draw attention to himself.)

I wonder how many Conservatives expected to wake up today knowing they'd now have to condemn the guy who led the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for the largest terrorist attack in American history.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...bama-had-disrespected-the-military-like-trump

“The View” co-host Meghan McCain on Monday tore into President Trump’s criticism of a retired Navy admiral, urging her fellow conservatives to take it more seriously.

McCain listed a number of Trump’s recent actions that have drawn accusations of disrespect toward the military, saying that if former President Obama had done the same, Republicans would have been outraged.

“We should be intellectually honest here at this table that if President Obama had missed Veterans Day or missed the Armistice ceremony in France for the 100th anniversary of World War I, my head would have exploded right here on this table in front of all of you,” she said.
Trump's obvious & repeated disrespect for our military is making a mockery of the office of President, the commander in chief.

If McRaven can't stand the heat, he should get out of the kitchen.

I don't think so. McRaven is a guy, right?

should have been paying more attention-thought you were talking about M2 :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure a former Navy Seal can take the orange moron's/Gen. Bone Spur's criticisms in stride.

I wonder how many Conservatives expected to wake up today knowing they'd now have to condemn the guy who led the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for the largest terrorist attack in American history.
I've said it before and I'll continue saying it. The next time a Trump supporter claims they support our military, our veterans and/or law enforcement, everyone should laugh in their face for their blatant lie.

McRaven is a retired four star admiral, served under two administrations and led the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. I'm reasonably confident he can stand the heat.

medals.jpg

Last edited:
Who was it said, “if not for double-standards, we’d have none at all?”

Didn’t Trump tell Wallace that the reason he has not visited troops in harm’s way is because he doesn’t believe in the reason the troops are there? Esprit de Corps!

Obama didn't support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, either. But unlike the fat little preschooler playing with his GI Joes on the floor of the Oval Office, he went to visit the troops in the war zone.

Trump is an absolute disgrace, and he clearly doesn't support the military.

When Obama tried to take credit for the killing of Bin Laden, Trump Fan Nation was screaming, absolutely screaming that he had nothing to do with it. It was the Seals led by a brilliant military leader. Flash forward a few years, and the reality TV game show host tells them said military leader isn't so brilliant after all, and the citizens of Trump Fan Nation have joined in Trump's criticism.

It's embarrassing to see how much the Republican Party hates the military now. They are too wrapped up in tossing their panties at the feet of a lying fraud named Trump.

McRaven is a retired four star admiral, served under two administrations and led the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden. I'm reasonably confident he can stand the heat.

Then he doesn't need MM to sound off about his conflict with Trump, does he?

Oh well, given the Trump hatred McRaven has exhibited he probably appreciates all the support he gets.

When Obama tried to take credit for the killing of Bin Laden, Trump Fan Nation was screaming, absolutely screaming that he had nothing to do with it. It was the Seals led by a brilliant military leader. Flash forward a few years, and the reality TV game show host tells them said military leader isn't so brilliant after all, and the citizens of Trump Fan Nation have joined in Trump's criticism.

It's embarrassing to see how much the Republican Party hates the military now. They are too wrapped up in tossing their panties at the feet of a lying fraud named Trump.

Welp...Seal Team Six is officially non-grata now that Trump has condemned them. Such is life.

Then he doesn't need MM to sound off about his conflict with Trump, does he?

Oh well, given the Trump hatred McRaven has exhibited he probably appreciates all the support he gets.

Did you know when you woke up this morning that you'd be required to condemn the man who got Osama Bin Laden?

If Trump insulted your mother you'd disown her in a New York minute.

Did you know when you woke up this morning that you'd be required to condemn the man who got Osama Bin Laden?

Gotta wonder where is that final straw? Camel is showing some stress......

From the link:

“We can’t be gaslit into thinking this is normal, especially as conservatives,” McCain said Monday. “Had president Obama done this, I 100 percent would be screaming bloody murder right here on this show.”

Meghan is correct, President Obama would have been excoriated for this and justifiably so.

Jmo

I haven't condemned McRaven.

Why do you always spin ****?

Completely irrelevant post.

I highly doubt McRaven (a retired Admiral, former Navy Seal, and former US Special Operations) will ever be intimidated by a silver spoon fed draft dodger.

The complaint was from Meghan McCain, and she was spot on as you would be one of many here at DP lined up to grill Obama (or anyone else you disagree with) if he had said anything like what Trump did.

Obama didn't support the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, either. But unlike the fat little preschooler playing with his GI Joes on the floor of the Oval Office, he went to visit the troops in the war zone.

Trump is an absolute disgrace, and he clearly doesn't support the military.

When he does things like criticize McRaven, I just have to remember to tell myself that Trump really is a narcissist, and cares only about Trump, that's it, the end, and then what he does makes perfect sense. McRaven criticized Trump, therefore, McRaven is a bad person.

If Obama had done 1/8 of the things Trump has done, Trumpeteers would be going crazy. Absolutely crazy. But they'll excuse everything they can if it's Trump. That's how integrity lacking, hyperpartisan tripe works.

I've said it before and I'll continue saying it. The next time a Trump supporter claims they support our military, our veterans and/or law enforcement, everyone should laugh in their face for their blatant lie.

As soon as they start calling for civility and decorum in general, I laugh at them. They were so triggered by aggressive press questioning but have no issues with Trump's behavior in general. Bunch of spineless cultists if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom