• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megan Kelly vs Al Sharpton

She stood her ground, but remarkably Sharpton said plenty of things in that interview that were not too bad. (And I am usually very critical of Sharpton these days.)

The main problem with the Ferguson case is what it became for other purposes. On the case itself you can establish that Michael Brown charged at Darren Wilson, and you can also establish that Brown was killed while unarmed. You can establish that the officer felt his life at risk, but you can talk to witnesses giving some other account of events. All of that almost does not matter now post the DOJ report as what the event itself means to Sharpton, or Jackson, or black politicians, or BLM, or various other movements has other context.

I am no fan of hers, but wow, did she ever stand her ground with him, nailing the lying little self absorbed, hate pimping weasel to the wall. Kudos

'So the DOJ Had It Wrong?': Megyn Grills Sharpton Over Ferguson Comments | Fox News Insider

WTF is he babbling about here? “If I say what I believe to be the case, based on talking to several witnesses, I should apologize for what? Should Donald Trump apologize because he believed the Central Park joggers victims accused were put in jail and did 13-15 years in jail?”

It never ceases to amaze me that that fraudulent, lying race baiter gets air time.

Man, he was determined to give props to Obama, wasn't he? She did a nice job of calling some of those dopey comments out.

LMAO on the entire Freddie Gray part. "He's the only one dead". Profound, Al.

The whole discussion on Wilson was a fascinating window into the liar's (sick) mind. He lied about what the DOJ said about civil rights. I loved how she showed the words from the DOJ on pages 11 and 12 of their report. But the good Reverend said witnesses didn't see that. They said it on his television show! And we all know that everything said on television is the truth. I don't care at all for Megyn but she did a nice job with this asshole.

Here is the transcript for those interested.
Sharpton Snaps at Megyn Kelly to ?Calm Down? When Challenged on Ferguson Findings

I like this part the best
SHARPTON: I reported what the DOJ said. That they didn’t knopw —

KELLY: About the death of Michael Brown?

SHARPTON: I don't know that I stated the line you want, but you didn’t see me out there, protesting afterward, did you? [GRABS HER MICROPHONE] Did you?

KELLY: I think that's a good place to wrap. [BACK IN STUDIO] How about that?
No, but the little coward stirred the hornet nest, got his moment of fame and disappeared.

I think that she is slightly overplaying the hand. While it was pretty evidence once the coroners' report came out that the officer was right, Al led with the people who told him they were witnesses.... and basically got played by people who appealed to his confirmation bias. While he should correct the record, I'm not sure he "owes an apology" for simply being wrong.

But generally, yes. Never, ever, get into a wrangle with Megyn Kelly unless you are very, very sure of yourself.

She stood her ground, but remarkably Sharpton said plenty of things in that interview that were not too bad. (And I am usually very critical of Sharpton these days.)

The main problem with the Ferguson case is what it became for other purposes. On the case itself you can establish that Michael Brown charged at Darren Wilson, and you can also establish that Brown was killed while unarmed. You can establish that the officer felt his life at risk, but you can talk to witnesses giving some other account of events. All of that almost does not matter now post the DOJ report as what the event itself means to Sharpton, or Jackson, or black politicians, or BLM, or various other movements has other context.

Heres the problem with that, eye witness' are mostly worthless in the end. Eye witness' before DNA put many an innocent person in prison with their testimony.

Eye Witness accounts are incredibly unreliable. To condemn anyone merely on what a witness says is criminal in itself whether its a private citizen or a cop.

The state prosecutor the DOJ thoroughly investigate the ferguson case and you saw the end result, megan showed it to you.

If they could have proved one iota of it they would have hung Offcer Wilson by his testicles. Truth is they had nothing

Ive known of Al Sharpton since the beginning of his career on the Morton Downey Jr show.
Al Sharpton is the creator, the creator of racial tension and the promoter of racism in america. He makes race relations all the worse.

Ive known of Al Sharpton since the beginning of his career on the Morton Downey Jr show.
Al Sharpton is the creator, the creator of racial tension and the promoter of racism in america. He makes race relations all the worse.

One of the few people able to make a good living from racism. I can't imagine why Megyn would interview him in the firstplace. He should be ignored.

One of the few people able to make a good living from racism. I can't imagine why Megyn would interview him in the firstplace. He should be ignored.

Sometimes it is good to put the spotlight on people like Al the world should see their BS for what it is, looks like Megan gave him room to hang himself and he obliged.

I have no idea why blacks who must see through him allow him to keep using them to enrich himself. 40 yrs of all sharpton and he hasnt done ONE THING to improve race relations all he does is promote it and instigate it and make it worse.

You cant engage white people if you blame them everytime you get constipated.

Back
Top Bottom