• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Megachurch Pastor Comes Out Of Closet

Actually I took communion as a child. By my old church's doctrine that means I am forever a Christian no matter how much I may sin. I no longer have a choice in the matter, any sin I committ is absolved. I simply will sit in a lower house in heaven for my unrighteous and misguided deeds on Earth.

That is not backed up by any biblical precident at all. That is man's law, not God or anything in scripture.

Last edited:
Darkwizard12 already touched on it but let me continue...

Matthew 19: 3-6 3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?"
4 And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,
5 "and said, 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'?
6 "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
I wa

He made man and woman for a reason, and says "let no man seperate." Not hard to understand.
I wanted to put that down, but really, wasn't his question already answered twice before? If he doesn't understand now, there is really no use in beating a dead horse.

That is not backed up by any biblical precident at all. That is man's law, not God or anything in scripture.

But so much that is written in the Bible is man's law, not God's law. It's fun trying to separate the two, is it not?

Interesting interpretation.

He was talking about divorce.

Actually he was talking about marriage in general. Please don't play stupid with me, it will not work.

Jesus loves gays but homosexuality is a sin. How can this man openly live in sin and call himself a Christian? He's a hypocrite.

Does not matter. It was not even Jewish law at the time. What does that tell you.

Sorry, I acidentally pasted by earlier response. What I meant was he was simply speaking of divorce, it had nothing to do with homosexuality. You are reading too much into his words.

But so much that is written in the Bible is man's law, not God's law. It's fun trying to separate the two, is it not?

No it's not. Everything in the Bible is God's law, period. Nice strawman though.

Actually he was talking about marriage in general. Please don't play stupid with me, it will not work.

Once you are married, don't get divorced. That is the lesson. Stop trying to read more into that there is.

Sorry, I acidentally pasted by earlier response. What I meant was he was simply speaking of divorce, it had nothing to do with homosexuality. You are reading too much into his words.

I am not reading anything into the words. He said and I quote "God created man and woman to be together, not man and man, or woman and woman. In marriage he said let NO man tear asunder. Meaning no one.

Your argument is weak and basically you are trying to play a game of semantics. Either give me a real argument or I guess we are done?

No it's not. Everything in the Bible is God's law, period. Nice strawman though.

Oh, so the Bible is the literal word of God? All those hundreds of contradictions, poor cases of math, and petty politics were the work of your omnipotent God? Fascinating.

I am not reading anything into the words. He said and I quote "God created man and woman to be together, not man and man, or woman and woman. In marriage he said let NO man tear asunder. Meaning no one.

Your argument is weak and basically you are trying to play a game of semantics. Either give me a real argument or I guess we are done?

I believe when you change words in a quote it is not "quoting" it is "misquoting".

Meh, it's not a new thought though. Is it wrong? I think so, but it is essentially "easy christianity". The minute you take communion/get babtised, you have no responsiblities to your deeds/sins. Basically, just for being baptized when I was 8 means I can go turn muslim, have sex with animals, or murder 6 million people, and be proud of it, once I die, I will sit happily in heaven. This idea is repudiated in both psalms/proverbs and corinthians and is hardly new to christianity or it's mother religion preceding it, judaism.

Once you are married, don't get divorced. That is the lesson. Stop trying to read more into that there is.

Again with the silliness. You want to throw out Paul's words, and now Christs based on wanting it to mean something it does not. Even biblical scholars agree it was about marriage in general.

Oh, so the Bible is the literal word of God? All those hundreds of contradictions, poor cases of math, and petty politics were the work of your omnipotent God? Fascinating.
It's literal where the bible is literal, and figurative where the bible is figurative.

Last edited:

That's not exactly true. Paul made clear distinctions on what were his own suggestions and what were commandments from God.

Meh, it's not a new thought though. Is it wrong? I think so, but it is essentially "easy christianity". The minute you take communion/get babtised, you have no responsiblities to your deeds/sins. Basically, just for being baptized when I was 8 means I can go turn muslim, have sex with animals, or murder 6 million people, and be proud of it, once I die, I will sit happily in heaven. This idea is repudiated in both psalms/proverbs and corinthians and is hardly new to christianity or it's mother religion preceding it, judaism.

I'm certainly no fan of it. I like to believe I have a choice in rejecting Christianty for the vile and corrupted relgion that it is.

And this has what to do with my initial argument? Nothing. Fallacy is no way to debate.

I have debunked everything you have said way to many times to go over it again. Just ask around or do a search.

Again with the silliness. You want to throw out Paul's words, and now Christs based on wanting it to mean something it does not. Even biblical scholars agree it was about marriage in general.

I'm not the one misquoting Christ in order to shove my interpretation down people's throats.

That's not exactly true. Paul made clear distinctions on what were his own suggestions and what were commandments from God.

His suggestions are not considered law. He as you said was very clear about that.

And this has what to do with my initial argument? Nothing. Fallacy is no way to debate.

I have debunked everything you have said way to many times to go over it again. Just ask around or do a search.

Debunked? You posted one quote from Christ which you interpret your own way.

I'm not the one misquoting Christ in order to shove my interpretation down people's throats.

You can take it how you wish. You are not a Christian, so why should your inaccurate and wrong interpretation matter?

To be fair, you and CT are focusing on the wrong part of the passage as well. The most important one is: 4 And He answered and said to them, "Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female"
Also, you can bring up all the other passages in the new testament, a listed a few, talking about sexual immorality, all defined by the laws governing sexual immorality in the old testament.

Back
Top Bottom