• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

But she said the girl was hired through an agency, and had proper paperwork.

If that's the case, then it sounds like that agency should be investigated.

If that's the case, then it sounds like that agency should be investigated.

Maybe. But its not very hard for someone illegal to get legitimite looking paperwork. And if a company hired someone based on that (and filed the I9 form) they weren't doing anything illegal, they were being fooled, but not committing a crime.

In a well-publicized press conference this morning, Meg Whitman's former housekeeper accused California's Republican nominee for governor of verbal abuse and exploitation. Nicky Diaz has hired Gloria Allred, a high-profile laywer who represented a stunt woman accusing Arnold Schwarzenegger of sexual assault during his 2003 campaign for governor (the suit was dismissed). Allred's current endeavor, just a month before the election, is sparking a bit of deja vu.

Yea, this doesn't sound like it's motivated by politics or anything.

Meg Whitman's Nanny Diaries - Nicole Allan - Politics - The Atlantic

I didn't see this posted yet.

It is very possible Whitman did not know her personal employee was illegal, but the story may damage her campaign anyway.

Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper - Video - FoxNews.com

Doesn't matter. The reason she might not have known that her housekeeper was illegal is because she probably broke the law. Let me explain - For more than 10 years, it has been a requirement for employers to verify that prospective employees are in the United States legally. This consists of completing an I-9 form on each and every employee that you hire. This also includes housekeepers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if Whitman did not verify her employee, before hiring her, she has no excuse either. In fact, she should know better. Wasn't she the CEO of a major company?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. The reason she might not have known that her housekeeper was illegal is because she probably broke the law. Let me explain - For more than 10 years, it has been a requirement for employers to verify that prospective employees are in the United States legally. This consists of completing an I-9 form on each and every employee that you hire. This also includes housekeepers. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if Whitman did not verify her employee, before hiring her, she has no excuse either. In fact, she should know better. Wasn't she the CEO of a major company?

Whitman says that the nanny had presented falsified documents to the agency that she worked for. I presume that the agency was the nominal employer and bore the burden of verifying those documents.

Actually TMZ has the documents and have posted them showing that the maid did provide an I9, W4, SSN card and drivers license. Basically, you have a maid that, apparently lied about her imigration status, committed identity theft and, when the maid finally came clean, was fired. After being fired, and apparently for political reasons, she went to Allred (who has a history of this) and filed a complaint.

Actually TMZ has the documents and have posted them showing that the maid did provide an I9, W4, SSN card and drivers license. Basically, you have a maid that, apparently lied about her imigration status, committed identity theft and, when the maid finally came clean, was fired. After being fired, and apparently for political reasons, she went to Allred (who has a history of this) and filed a complaint.

If that is the case, then she should be in jail. Identity theft is serious business. Please post a link ASAP. I am more than willing to change my stance here, if you give me a good reason to do so. Looks like you ARE giving me a good reason, but I do ask that you show me the documentation. Do that, and I will be screaming alongside of you. :)

If that is the case, then she should be in jail. Identity theft is serious business. Please post a link ASAP. I am more than willing to change my stance here, if you give me a good reason to do so. Looks like you ARE giving me a good reason, but I do ask that you show me the documentation. Do that, and I will be screaming alongside of you. :)

TMZ.com - it's not rocket science :D

TMZ.com - it's not rocket science :D

OK, I don't want to seem like an asshat here, but since you made the accusation, you need to post the proof. Still, I am going to the site you gave me, but please do post your proof here. It's the way debate works, and that way, your butt is covered. LOL.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0929_diaz_01.pdf

SS card, W4, I9, and driver's license.

If her docs were good enough to convince the state of CA to give her a drivers license, I think it would be absurd to blame Whitman for this. Pretty pathetic on Allred and Brown's part.

edit: also, michael lohan wants a conservatorship for lindsay? crazy.

Last edited:
OK, I don't want to seem like an asshat here, but since you made the accusation, you need to post the proof. Still, I am going to the site you gave me, but please do post your proof here. It's the way debate works, and that way, your butt is covered. LOL.

You might not want to seem like one, but... :) I have no problem looking like an asshat. There are things I am more than happy to provide links for, and some things I don't. This happened to fall into the dont category.

BTW, if the media actually did their job, it seems that the informtion would have been more public then it currently is. Everyone knows of the maids accusations, not many know about the evidence to the contrary.

If her docs were good enough to convince the state of CA to give her a drivers license, I think it would be absurd to blame Whitman for this. Pretty pathetic on Allred and Brown's part.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

If the Democrats try to make political hay out of this, it could easily backfire. In fact, Whitman could use this to show that fake ID's for illegals is such a serious issue that something needs to be done about it, and push this issue to her base. As a result, she will keep her base, and she can keep hammering on the independents that she will need to beat Brown. On the other hand, Brown could easily lose these independents by attempting to use something that was not Whitman's fault to his political advantage. Unlike base Republicans and Democrats, independents have more open minds, and IMHO, are able to much better think for themselves, which means that Brown would be misrepresenting this situation at his own peril.

Last edited:
Maybe. But its not very hard for someone illegal to get legitimite looking paperwork. And if a company hired someone based on that (and filed the I9 form) they weren't doing anything illegal, they were being fooled, but not committing a crime.

I buy that and in that case, it sounds like the housekeeper was comitting a crime and should be investigated.

Gloria Allred is a media whore who coached this woman for political reasons.

Gloria Allred is a staunch supporter of and contributor to Jerry Brown.

I you are planning to vote for Brown you don't have the best interests of the State or 'WE THE PEOPLE,' in mind.

If he's Brown flush him down.

Last edited:
Excellent thread! +1

You might not want to seem like one, but... :) I have no problem looking like an asshat. There are things I am more than happy to provide links for, and some things I don't. This happened to fall into the dont category.

BTW, if the media actually did their job, it seems that the informtion would have been more public then it currently is. Everyone knows of the maids accusations, not many know about the evidence to the contrary.

Playing dirty is the only hope the Dems have in Nov. The left wing media is agenda driven. I don't expect to see much reporting to the contrary.

The facts now seem to tell the story that Gloria Alred is a lying screaming highly politically motivated Beatch who should be punished with a law suit by Whitman for these lies she has gone to press over.

I would bet that she paid the housekeeper to make up the story and was note hired by her at all but volunteered to do it pro bono.

I would go one step more and say that if pressed the illegal alien would come clean and tell the truth that Alred mad the whole thing up for her pal Jerry Brown.

That could land Arled in some nice hot water.

Alred is a big brown backer and needs to be flushed with him.

Last edited:

Actually it is taken right out of the right wing hand book. The reason I say it is "right wing", is because they are the ones who successfully used the tactic over the last decade +, but both sides tries to use the tactic.

Throw out an accusation and preferably one that a lot will listen too from the start... does not have to be true, but the media frenzy involved is enough for the population to get the "idea". After all the average citizen sees/read "Whitman had illegal alien employed" and get mad at Whitman. When the truth comes out most wont care because they have moved on to another sensational story and the stigmata of the original story sticks with Whitman. After all that is what the Switfboaters did and many others to other politicians. It can very well doom her candidacy... not fair but that is how politics is these days in certain countries.

A more down to earth example, is the teenager claiming rape by a teacher or older man. The rape accusation sticks with many, despite the fact coming out she lied to get back at a man who she had a crush on and who brushed off her advances. The man accused life is pretty much over in the local area.

Actually it is taken right out of the right wing hand book. The reason I say it is "right wing", is because they are the ones who successfully used the tactic over the last decade +, but both sides tries to use the tactic.

Throw out an accusation and preferably one that a lot will listen too from the start... does not have to be true, but the media frenzy involved is enough for the population to get the "idea". After all the average citizen sees/read "Whitman had illegal alien employed" and get mad at Whitman. When the truth comes out most wont care because they have moved on to another sensational story and the stigmata of the original story sticks with Whitman. After all that is what the Switfboaters did and many others to other politicians. It can very well doom her candidacy... not fair but that is how politics is these days in certain countries.

A more down to earth example, is the teenager claiming rape by a teacher or older man. The rape accusation sticks with many, despite the fact coming out she lied to get back at a man who she had a crush on and who brushed off her advances. The man accused life is pretty much over in the local area.

"Yea, this sucks, but you know what's worse? Republicans."

The Dems didn't run with this because the Dems are not as stupid as the mouthpieces of the right wing profess them to be. Disappointing, sure...but try to live with it.

Regards from Rosie

The Dems didn't run with this because the Dems are not as stupid as the mouthpieces of the right wing profess them to be. Disappointing, sure...but try to live with it.

Regards from Rosie

Yea, they've just been ignoring it altogether.

Meg Whitman's rival Jerry Brown is wasting no time making hay off her undocumented worker scandal -- saying the former maid has a "compelling story."

In a news release, the Democratic candidate for governor of California said he wants Nicky Diaz Santillan to be "treated with respect and dignity as this story unfolds."

Brown added, "After more than a year of Whitman demanding immigration policy that 'holds employers accountable,' we learn that accountability doesn't extend to her own actions."

Back
Top Bottom