• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meg Whitman Refutes Allegations by Former Housekeeper

Another embarrassment for California--dirty politics and smear tactics. Shame on Jerry Brown's people.

I think she'd make a good Governor.

So, what is the average hourly wage of a part time maid in california? Actual proof i.e. a link, not just what you think it is.

A maid in California only cleans your house but I found what a person who cleans a house would make on average in California:

What Do Maids Make on Average?

According to Payscale, Inc., owner of the world's largest employee salary database, the median annual salary of a maid in California is $51, 794 compared to an annual salary of only $18, 646 in Texas. Looking at the numbers in terms of years of experience, employees with one to four years of experience made an average of $22, 313 per year. Five to nine years of experience only increased the salary by about $3000 annually.

That is what you'd expect to pay for somebody to come and simply clean your house with nothing else included. That's what a maid is in California. This lady was more of a butler. Ran errands, picked up mail, did cooking etc.

i guess ms whitman has a heart

unlike rabble rousing allred

I guarantee that your tune would be much, much different if this were a Democrat.

It looks like Whitman was hoping the former housekeeper would keep her mouth shut.

why, ms whitman has nothing to hide

nikki lies, allred exploits

air it out

we'll talk after tonite's debate on univision

Last edited:
I guarantee that your tune would be much, much different if this were a Democrat.

nope, i'm too smart to chase something that's not there

Verify that the documents were real.
How? E-Verify wasn't available at the time the maid was hired. The way to verify it at the time of the hire was with a SSN card and an I9. The maid's documents even fooled the state of California into giving her a drivers license. You think Whitman had access to more information then the state of California?

Which is a cop out if the law says that employers do not have to verify if the documents were real.
It's not a cop-out, there was no way to verify them back then. E-verify was only a pilot program at the time and was availble in a very limited number of states. California not being one.

You are telling me that 9 years ago an employment agency and employers had no way of verifying if any documents were real?
Yes, the I-9, driver's license and SSn card should have been sufficient proof. Now-a-days they have e-verify in which the employment agency can plug the I9 information into the system and see what comes back.

poppycock, pursuing puffs disempowers

the perspicacious prof persistently prospers

That is what you'd expect to pay for somebody to come and simply clean your house with nothing else included. That's what a maid is in California. This lady was more of a butler. Ran errands, picked up mail, did cooking etc.

So, a full time maid, according to the link you provided makes $51k or in Cali or $24.50 / hour.

Seems like the maid was paid fairly to me. Or are you really suggesting that a part time maid should make $51k / year?

Irrelevant. answer the question. What is so generous about paying $23 an hour in California? You act like Whitman was some sort of patron saint. She's a billionaire who was paying what is essentially the bare minimum for somebody who cooks, cleans and takes care of your kids. End of story. Thanks for playing.

It was reported that she worked 15 hours a week and not 24 hours a day like you said.

$23.00 per hour is a very good wage to clean somebodys house and then go home.

I challenge you to find a job anywhere that pays that plus benefits for that kind of work.

Gretta absolutely destroys Gloria Allred last night on her show. You really gotta see this:

Video: Greta vs Gloria « Hot Air

Yes that was good.

Gloria Alred is taking a beating for her part in this.

Her client is guilty of all kinds of crimes and should end up in jail and only because Gloria Alred made a huge case out of it.

The maids basis for the case is she wasn't paid enough. That is what gets me.

$23.00 per hour was not enough.

I am anxious to see what happens in this next week.

If this woman does not end up in jail, something is worng with the system.

The identity theft alone should put her there and I know California takes forging documents to obtain a drivers license very seriously. Under penalty of purgery and all that.

If you heard Meg Whitman's statements, she hired Nicky Diaz Santillan through an employment agency and received documentations that she was her legally. She even signed the INI form which means she's here legally and lying on that form means perjury. Well... now that Allred posted a neon sign that Nicky is also an illegal alien, all those documents can now be used as evidence against Nicky and possibly deport her. Now, this is definitely a smear tactic, and possibly the best lie out there because most people don't research on news online enough, and main stream media will definitely downplay Whitman's refutations while play Nicky's accusations 24/7.

Well... now that Allred posted a neon sign that Nicky is also an illegal alien, all those documents can now be used as evidence against Nicky and possibly put her in jail.

There I fixed it for you.

You are saying that they just looked at the documents and nothing else? They didn't check to see if any of that stuff was real? Sounds like a poor excuse. Like they just turned a blind eye. I would not have used the same agency if I was her.There is also the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me".

If the drivers license was real, and that is easy to check, I wouldn't check any farther than that.

I would rely on the State Of Californias due dilligence on that matter.

Maid issue dominates California debate between Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Sparks flew immediately at the second debate between California gubernatorial rivals Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown today, as the under-fire GOP candidate accused her Democratic opponent of masterminding a "risky" flap about the illegal immigrant maid she employed for nine years.

Whitman came out swinging at Brown in the debate, sponsored by Univision, as she tried to make the most of her air time to regain her footing after her toughest week in the general election.

"The real tragedy here is Nicky. After Nov. 2, no one's going to be watching out for Nicky Diaz," said Whitman, in a reference to the former housekeeper, who was an illegal immigrant. Whitman has claimed she didn't know about the woman's status.

"And Jerry, you know you should be ashamed, you and your surrogates ... put her deportation at risk. You put it out there and you should be ashamed for sacrificing Nicky Diaz on the altar of your political ambitions."

Brown shot back, "Don't run for governor if you can't stand up on your own two feet and say, 'Hey I made a mistake'," Brown said in a moment fraught with tension as the two candidates, neck-and-neck in the polls, turned away from the audience and faced each other directly. "You have blamed her, blamed me, blamed the left, blamed the unions. But you don't take accountability."

"This is a very sad situation, and the Nicky that I saw on the press conference a few days ago was not the Nicky that I knew for nine years," Whitman said. "And you what my first clue was? She kept referring to me as Ms. Whitman. And for the 10 years, nine years she worked for me, she called me Meg and I called her Nicky."

expect ms meg to get a BUMP

You are saying that they just looked at the documents and nothing else? They didn't check to see if any of that stuff was real? Sounds like a poor excuse. Like they just turned a blind eye. I would not have used the same agency if I was her.There is also the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me".

There's no excuse needed. When hiring, you ask a potential employee for paperwork that shows they are legal to work in this country, DL, SS card, Resident Alien card, and/or a couple other documents.

If those documents look authentic to the hirer, they sign an I9 form stating only that they themselves have seen the documents, and they record said documents on the I9 form for the government.

That's the extent of the employers responsibility. The employer is not obligated to investigate further regarding the applicant.

I don't think she much cared about the person's legal status as long as they provided cheap labor.

Do you have any clue what she was paying her?

Hint: It wasn't cheap labor

If the drivers license was real, and that is easy to check, I wouldn't check any farther than that.

I would rely on the State Of Californias due dilligence on that matter.

Then it is just an excuse to turn a blind eye and nothing more,especially in a state such as California that is practically illegal alien capital of the country and most notorious for tossing pro-illegal salad. This is why I am beginning to think Witman kept the housekeeper until it became politically inconvenient to keep employing her and then did an Obama and threw her under the bus. Documents can be forged, which is why you verify if they are real.

So, a full time maid, according to the link you provided makes $51k or in Cali or $24.50 / hour.

Seems like the maid was paid fairly to me. Or are you really suggesting that a part time maid should make $51k / year?

Again, Turtledude argued that Whitman was being generous like she was doing something out of the ordinary. That's simply ridiculous. Throwing out $23/h in California as an argument for generosity is quite dishonest.

Do you have any clue what she was paying her?

Hint: It wasn't cheap labor

Read the thread instead of inserting yourself into it? K thanks. We've already gone over this point.

Hint: 23/h in California for having somebody clean your house? Quite cheap.

Again, Turtledude argued that Whitman was being generous like she was doing something out of the ordinary. That's simply ridiculous. Throwing out $23/h in California as an argument for generosity is quite dishonest.

Umm, as I recall, the argument from you was that Whitman hired an illegal so that she can get off by paying a low wage. The one problem with that argument, is that it's not supported by the facts. She was right in the ballpark of the average wage for that job according to the unverified link you provided.

Edit: BTW, I think that link you provided might be a bit off.

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/search/q-Maid/l-ca

Last edited:
Read the thread instead of inserting yourself into it? K thanks. We've already gone over this point.

Hint: 23/h in California for having somebody clean your house? Quite cheap.

If she wanted cheap labor above all else, she could have hired an illegal for around $10/hr. That's what it costs in Manhattan, and I would be astonished if it cost more in CA.

I don't think she much cared about the person's legal status as long as they provided cheap labor.

I believe her about hiring through an agency, that's very common.

To me, this reads like dirty politics from the Brown side. That guy is old school sacramento politics.

Look here Niky's Drivers License appeared to be real but it was obtained with the use of a phony Social Security Number on a forged card. That is three Felonies right there.

Niki also signed an affidavit under penalty of perjury that she was here legally.

That comes to a total of 4 Felonies that Gloria Alwet has opened Niky up to along with deportation. That means Gloria Alwet is in violation of the code of ethics or what ever it is called for lawyers that says you never open your client up to more charges than have already come to light.

Gloria then knowingly filed a phony, making it frivolous Ccase against Meg, for strictly political gain in conjunction with the Brown Campaign.

She went on TV and knowingly committing slander against Meg Whitman opening herself up to a multimillion dollar law suit by Meg who can afford to take Alwet to the cleaners.

Now when it comes to doing your due diligence on the part of Meg Whitman is a simple as doing what she did, by insuring that the agency had all the right signed paperwork and reviewing said papers and looking at the Social Security Card.

Having personally been responsible as an executive Manager in four States over the course of of more than 35 years for hiring and the personnel files of many, many hundreds of employees from entry level to upper mid-managers. I would accept the papers presented as enough proof to hire anyone.

This all makes the Story and statements and explanations that Dr. Griff Harsh and Meg WHitman told about their handling of the Notice from the S.S.Administration 100% plausible.

It is clear this is all about support for Brown and as i always say "IF IT'S BROWN FLUSH IT DOWN BEFORE IT STINKS UP THE PLACE, AGAIN"

Last edited:

Nope, sorry Hatuey, the only one being dishonest in this line you are taking is you. According to payscale.com, a research company that puts out average pays, as well as high pay for the job says that a housekeeper in LA earns between $8.65 - $16.54
in San Diego it's $9.72 - $18.08
And in Vegas it's $7.75 - $13.65
www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Maid_or_Housekeeping_Cleaner/Hourly_Rate

Care to restate you claim that her pay was in the normal range?

j-mac

Spoken like one more person who obviously doesn't live in expensive-ass California. What is generous about paying more or less what it would cost to have a 24 hour daycare that also cooks and cleans, your house?

She was not a nanny. She was a housekeeper who worked 15 hrs a wk. (she also was asked sometimes to run erronds or drop kids at school)
Whitman said she didn't always work 15 hrs but got paid for it. Nicki said she sometimes worked more than 15 and only got paid for 15. Whitman has offered to take a lie detector test about anything she said in her press conference.
When Whitman let her go she didn't turn her into ICE even though she had been lied to for 9yrs.
Now she may be in big trouble for fake documents on top of being an illegal through no fault of Whitmans.
This is all just really dirty politics. It's not going to matter that she is totally innocent, some people will just see the headlines and presume she's guilty.

Back
Top Bottom