• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet trump's new secretary

I'm always forgetting Ford. The only President never to be elected President or Vice-President, I believe.

That's correct. Spiro Agnew ( gotta be the goofiest name in history ) was booted out as vice president, imagine that, just one little felony bribery charge was enough to be kicked out in those days. Ford was named as VP, and became president when Nixon resigned. The president no one voted for.

That's correct. Spiro Agnew ( gotta be the goofiest name in history ) was booted out as vice president, imagine that, just one little felony bribery charge was enough to be kicked out in those days. Ford was named as VP, and became president when Nixon resigned. The president no one voted for.

Agnew resigned; he wasn't impeached. And of course Presidents can't fire their VP.

At the time, many credited Ford with "restoring dignity to the office" or some such bull. Actually what he did was set a terrible precedent for future Presidents to dodge removal by impeachment. He pardoned Nixon. I guess at the time people thought "well that was a one-off, it will never happen again" groan.

Back
Top Bottom