• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet the Bottomless Pinocchio, a new rating for a false claim repeated over and over again

The "fact checker" did back up his facts, in that column, with hyperlinks to two other columns that goes into much greater detail.
The fact checker, actually did back up his facts, contrary to what the OP implies.

Whether he's right or not, those are some *long* columns. If you want to go point by point and try to refute them, by my guest, maybe someone will think you're serious and counter them.

If you read the links he used to support his current column you'd have seen that they didn't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...w-rating-false-claim-repeated-over-over-again

I had to post this because I usually like to review what Kessler thinks is a false claim. For yucks, you know.
The following 2 that he said were bottomless Pinocchios fairly jumped off the page.

<snipped>

Who fact checks the fact checkers?

So the guy that begins a thread with a closing statement of "who fact checks the fact checkers" now uses a Newsmax article to support a claim. You do realize Newsmax is notorious for being pretty reckless with the facts. Some say its no wonder they can't handle facts since they see so few of them, but I digress....

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax/

Meanwhile, the Washington Post, whether or not you agree with their editorial staff, is a gold-standard in journalism for factual integrity.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-post/

You will forgive me if I found irony in comparing your two posts.

The one thing about fact checking, they usually tell you exactly where they looked to fact check. So, YOU can fact check the fact checkers. This is much easier to do than fact checking NewsMax.

Last edited:
Pretty soon the average emotional age of Americans is going to be 4 years 7 months, at the rate we are going,

We used to be better.

Crooked Hillary paid for a phony dossier that was produced by the Russians. And it was used by the crooked FBI to get a FISA warrant to spy on Trump's campaign.

Mueller hired all Democrat lawyers for his investigation and he does have a conflict of interest. Mueller was best friends with crooked Comey. Plus

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...t-and-it-leads-directly-to-a-russian-oligarch

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pre...elationship-mueller-amounts/story?id=56914885

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...cial-counsel-glenn-reynolds-column/102990890/

Stop with the twisted up nursery rhymes, it's annoying to the adults and demeaning to your intelligence. Here is how it really goes.....

There was a crooked man, and he went a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all liv'd together in a little crooked house.

So the guy that begins a thread with a closing statement of "who fact checks the fact checkers" now uses a Newsmax article to support a claim. You do realize Newsmax is notorious for being pretty reckless with the facts. Some say its no wonder they can't handle facts since they see so few of them, but I digress....

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax/

Meanwhile, the Washington Post, whether or not you agree with their editorial staff, is a gold-standard in journalism for factual integrity.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-post/

You will forgive me if I found irony in comparing your two posts.

The one thing about fact checking, they usually tell you exactly where they looked to fact check. So, YOU can fact check the fact checkers. This is much easier to do than fact checking NewsMax.

You're forgiven ... provided you reviewed the material objectively and didn't dismiss it out of hand because you don't approve of the source.
By that I mean check the facts as best as possible.
I did that.
That's why I posted the thread.
Did you check the facts as best as possible?
Newsmax pointed you to a book with the information about Mueller and Comey.

Oh dear lord ... WAPO as the gold standard for factual integrity. Every story reads like an opinion column.

As for Kessler, didn't you notice that he used a couple of his old fact-check columns to support his current fact-check column ... but they didn't?
Check 'em out. His bottomless pinocchios were for Democrat collusion and Mueller conflict of interest.
Tell me the most powerful parts of those prior columns that supported his current claims.
He dismissed the Democrat collusion charge because it wasn't 1st hand collusion and the Mueller one was about his team, not about conflict of interest.

Stop with the twisted up nursery rhymes, it's annoying to the adults and demeaning to your intelligence. Here is how it really goes.....

There was a crooked man, and he went a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;
He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all liv'd together in a little crooked house.

:yawn:

"Bottomless Pinocchio" does not work for me, it does not make any sense.

Surely we can think of something better.....

LOL! Coming from you, trying to pass off your lies as somehow, magically, based in reality.

What you claimed simply didn't happen, nor can you show otherwise.

Like always.

You could at least have posted something to cite your post and saved on all this meaningless blustering.

As of now, he actually stands over you in all of this.

You're making up BS. Coulda, mighta... BS.

Produce evidence or abandon the conspiracy theory. Only idiots are convinced by "anything can happen".

Get Kessler on it.

You could at least have posted something to cite your post and saved on all this meaningless blustering.

As of now, he actually stands over you in all of this.

I 'could have posted something' to 'cite my post'.

This seems really confuseing for you.

Yet again.

Get Kessler on it.

LM always has a billion dollar contract with the government. They always have a general counsel paid that amount.

Crooked Hillary paid for a phony dossier that was produced by the Russians.

False. Amazingly ignorant, gotta be lying, false.

And no, Oberson, I do not need to "cite my bluster". It's disgustingly stupid and dishonest to ask those calling out lies to prove negatives. The burden of proof is on the claim. A child with half a brain knows that.

Last edited:
LM always has a billion dollar contract with the government. They always have a general counsel paid that amount.

What did LM do for the FBI that companies like IBM couldn't do that got LM a billion dollar contract as well as millions more and Comey $6M in one year?

What did LM do for the FBI that companies like IBM couldn't do that got LM a billion dollar contract as well as millions more and Comey $6M in one year?

LM is a primary government contractor. They always have a billion dollar contract with the government, probably several. And they always have a general counsel paid 6m/year.

There's nothing unusual. At all.

It's not like 16 of Comey's associates that worked with him during a campaign and transition have been busted for illegal work with Russians. That would be unusual.

LM is a primary government contractor. They always have a billion dollar contract with the government, probably several. And they always have a general counsel paid 6m/year.

There's nothing unusual. At all.

It's not like 16 of Comey's associates that worked with him during a campaign and transition have been busted for illegal work with Russians. That would be unusual.

They also have competitive bidders.
I asked what LM did for the FBI that IBM formally protested.
If you don't know that's fine cuz I don't know either.
And I haven't been able to find out.
Today they may pay total compensation of close to $6M (maybe half in cash)to general Counsel but $6M in mid-late 2000? Seems high. And not likely would have gotten it without his old clearance and connections.
That was the kind of thing that made his statement about no ties to Mueller seem outlandish.

Why wouldn't Kessler be interested in pursuing something like that, he asked incredulously.

They also have competitive bidders.
I asked what LM did for the FBI that IBM formally protested.
If you don't know that's fine cuz I don't know either.
And I haven't been able to find out.
Today they may pay total compensation of close to $6M (maybe half in cash)to general Counsel but $6M in mid-late 2000? Seems high. And not likely would have gotten it without his old clearance and connections.
That was the kind of thing that made his statement about no ties to Mueller seem outlandish.

Why wouldn't Kessler be interested in pursuing something like that, he asked incredulously.

He worked with a company that always has huge government contracts, as top attorney. Nothing unusual.

Crooked Hillary paid for a phony dossier that was produced by the Russians. And it was used by the crooked FBI to get a FISA warrant to spy on Trump's campaign.

Mueller hired all Democrat lawyers for his investigation and he does have a conflict of interest. Mueller was best friends with crooked Comey. Plus

They are not all democrat lawyers.

Some merely have no revealed affiliation..

"1) Brian M. Richardson, a former Supreme Court clerk and clerk for a judge serving on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit in New York City.

No donations.

Voter registration: No affiliation.

2) Ryan Dickey, a lawyer on detail from the Justice Department Criminal Division’s Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section.

No donations.

Voter registration: Democrat.

3) Kyle Freeny, a lawyer from the Justice Department Criminal Division’s Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section.

Freeny donated $250 to Barack Obama’s presidential campaign in 2008, another $250 to Obama’s reelection campaign in 2012 and $250 to Clinton’s campaign in 2016.

4) Scott Meisler, an appellate lawyer from the Justice Department Criminal Division.

No donations.

5) Zainab Ahmad, a lawyer from the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of New York.

No donations.

6) Greg Andres, a former partner at Davis Polk, a former deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department Criminal Division and a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York

He donated $2,700 to the campaign of Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) this year and $1,000 to the U.S. Senate campaign of David Hoffman (D) in 2009 when he ran unsuccessfully in Illinois.

7) Rush Atkinson, a lawyer from the Justice Department Criminal Division Fraud Section.

He donated $200 to Clinton’s campaign in 2016.

8) Michael Dreeben, an appellate lawyer from the Office of the Solicitor General.

No donations.

9) Andrew Goldstein, a lawyer from the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

Goldstein donated $3,300 to Obama's campaigns in 2008 and 2012.

10) Adam Jed, an appellate lawyer from the Civil Division.

No donations.

11) Elizabeth Prelogar, an appellate lawyer on detail from the Office of the Solicitor General.

She donated $250 each to Clinton’s campaign in 2016 and the Obama Victory Fund in 2012.

12) James Quarles, a former partner at WilmerHale and a former assistant special prosecutor for the Watergate Special Prosecution Force.

He donated more than $30,000 to various Democratic campaigns in 2016, including $2,700 to Clinton, although his giving spans two decades. Quarles also gave $2,500 in 2015 to Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and $250 to Sen. George Allen (R-Va.) in 2005.

13) Jeannie Rhee, a former partner at WilmerHale who has served in the Office of Legal Counsel and as an assistant U.S. attorney in Washington.

Rhee donated a total of $5,400 to Clinton’s campaign in 2015 and 2016, and a total of $4,800 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008 and 2011. She also made smaller donations totaling $1,750 to the Democratic National Committee and to various Democrats running for Senate seats.

14) Brandon Van Grack, a lawyer on detail from the Justice Department's National Security Division.

He donated $286.77 to Obama’s campaign in 2008.

15) Andrew Weissmann, a lawyer who headed the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section. He has served as general counsel at the FBI and as an assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York.

Weissmann donated $2,300 to the Obama Victory Fund in 2008, $2,000 to the DNC in 2006 and $2,300 to the Clinton campaign in 2007.

16) Aaron Zebley, a former partner at WilmerHale who has previously served with Mueller at the FBI and as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of Virginia.

No donations.

17) Aaron Zelinsky, a lawyer on detail from the U.S. attorney's office in the District of Maryland.

No donations.

Voter registration: Democrat."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...w-rating-false-claim-repeated-over-over-again

I had to post this because I usually like to review what Kessler thinks is a false claim. For yucks, you know.
The following 2 that he said were bottomless Pinocchios fairly jumped off the page.

Another campaign claim that has carried into his presidency is the assertion that Democrats colluded with Russia during the election (48 times). This is obviously false, as the Democrats were the target of hacking by Russian entities, according to U.S. intelligence agencies. (The assertion, also spread widely by Trump allies in the conservative media, largely rests on the fact that the firm hired by Democrats to examine Trump’s Russia ties was also working to defend a Russian company in U.S. court.)

On 30 separate occasions, Trump has also falsely accused special counsel Mueller of having conflicts of interest and the staff led by the longtime Republican of being “angry Democrats.”​

Now, maybe in some past column he explained in some detail why he believes they were Pinocchios but he sure didn't divulge any reasons here.
For the Russian collusion one giving "largely rests on the fact that the firm hired by Democrats to examine Trump’s Russia ties was also working to defend a Russian company in U.S. court." as the reason is absolutely preposterous.
And how he can be certain Mueller has no conflicts of interest given, for example, his and Comey's lucrative relationship in the 2000's when Mueller was FBI Director?

Who fact checks the fact checkers?

Who believes the statements of known liars?

Lying about me running away is simply further evidence that laughable dishonesty is part of your nature.

Stay triggered.

How is it lying when you keep doing it Tanngrisnir?

You've been given more than a few chances now to actually prove something, yet you only bluster and flee as usual.

Though I'm glad to see that you've decided to still stick to formula, as usual.

Back
Top Bottom