• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Meet Richard "Bigo" Barnett Trump supporter and gun rights advocate

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This must be the "good people" Trump was talking about last year:

Last Saturday, Richard Barnett of Gravette, Ark., criticized Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in a Facebook post for using the description “white nationalist” as a “derogatory term.”

“I am white. There is no denying that. I am a nationalist. I put my nation first. So that makes me a white nationalist,” Barnett wrote on page he maintained under a pseudonym, before adding that people who were not nationalists should “get the f--- out of our nation.”

Just four days later, Barnett was photographed sitting with his feet up on a desk in Pelosi’s office at the U.S. Capitol — an image that quickly became emblematic of the chaotic storming of the complex by a pro-Trump mob.

Barnett is a Trump supporter and gun rights advocate who has repeatedly shared false claims via social media that the election was stolen, according to a review of two Facebook accounts tied to Barnett. In one post, Barnett falsely asserted that there were “mountains of evidence” of voter fraud.

In the post, Barnett expressed disappointment that past political events he had attended had attracted only a “small handful” of people. Ten days earlier, he had posted photographs of himself and a few others protesting the election result outside the Capitol building in Little Rock, Ark. Barnett posed for one picture holding a rifle.

In a separate post the same day, Barnett wrote that he “came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else’s blood,” adding, “I’m not afraid to go out the same way.” The post was accompanied by a selfie of Barnett with a rifle strapped to his chest. He was wearing a polo shirt bearing on one sleeve a pro-police “Blue Lives Matter” flag logo.

Just another law and order/police loving/second amendment good guy.

1610051559650.png

Nah, he's not "very fine". He's only ok. No swastika or confederate flag, you see.

He needs to go to jail, and I'm sure he will.

Just not sure how serious the charges will be.

he's the one who stole her mail, right?

he's the one who stole her mail, right?

“I wrote her a nasty note, put my feet up on her desk,” said Mr. Barnett, who goes by the nickname Bigo. He was brandishing an envelope with the speaker’s letterhead that he had taken from Ms. Pelosi’s office. He insisted he had not stolen it — “I put a quarter on her desk.”

Naah, he paid for it.

Yes, an envelope, personalized to Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

Such an envelope is regarded as "stationary".
Not if it has sensitive info inside. My question is, what, if anything, was inside the envelope? Did the report say it was empty? Still, you can't break in and take somebody's shit, no matter what it is, and leave them a quarter. How about I come into your garage, take your car, and leave you a hundred dollar bill? (I dunno. Depending on your car, that might be a good deal for you. LOL!)

Yes, an envelope, personalized to Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

Such an envelope is regarded as "stationary".

it will be interesting to see if the judicial branch agrees with you.

it will be interesting to see if the judicial branch agrees with you.

Well didn't Trump's monument act state a 10 year sentence ?

All the same, an empty envelope is "stationary" not "mail"
IDK about US law but under British law, if you stick a stamp on it, it becomes "mail".

Well didn't Trump's monument act state a 10 year sentence ?

All the same, an empty envelope is "stationary" not "mail"
IDK about US law but under British law, if you stick a stamp on it, it becomes "mail".

hey, look! another tacit defense of the insurrection. deflect-o-rama, 2021 style!

What, exactly, is the “gun control” issue that we are to discuss?
apparently someone the OP doesn't like is a gun rights supporter?

Obviously, but which gun rights do they wish to control (aka limit)?
anything they think they can ban. semi auto rifles, stuff that looks scary, 11+ round magazines.

He needs to go to jail, and I'm sure he will.

Just not sure how serious the charges will be.
I agree. Any of those peaceful protestors that entered the building need to face a judge. I wonder what Emmett Sullivan is doing. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom